Windows 10: What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will launch on July 29, and in documentation detailing the upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1 to the new OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, May 31, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Source

labeeman, May 31, 2015
  2. swarfega Win User

I'm sad that WMC didnt make it. Used that a lot.

:)

swarfega, May 31, 2015
  3. windows 10

Hi William,

You will not lose the data once you upgrade to Windows 10. If you perform a clean install of Windows 10 then you will lose your data present on the previous operating system. If you’re running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1 Update, in most cases,
    you’ll be able to keep your Windows settings, personal files, and most apps when you upgrade to Windows 10. During the upgrade, we’ll let you know if there’s anything that’ll be removed—but it’s always a good idea to back up your files before you start upgrading.

Hope this information helps you.

PranavMishra5582, May 31, 2015
  4. What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Will I lose files If I upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi Jasim What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 :)

You will not lose your personal files if you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 (since you cannot upgrade from Windows 8). For more information, see the article below which explains what you'll keep when you upgrade to Windows 10, depending
    on what version of Windows you are running.

You Can Upgrade To Windows 10 Without Losing Installed Programs

Let me know if you have any questions.

Yoan

Yoan Schinck, May 31, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

anybody who wants to keep the old standard W7 classic games including pinball, minesweeper, hearts etc.-- PM me and I'll give you my dropbox link --I stlll think the old W7 spider solitaire etc is much better than the newer one's from the store.

The games work just fine on W10 build 100130.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 31, 2015
  6. labeeman Win User
    Yea I know that makes one box here that will not leave W7 due to it being my over the air DVR can record 4 channels at the same time.

labeeman, May 31, 2015
  7. FD611V Win User
    This comes to mind what MS gave warning on Windows 8. I'm a doubtful person when it comes from MS on what one would lose by moving up to WINS 10. So, I'm now thinking it might be best to wait this out....say a year and see what the millions of MS users have to say. I enjoyed WINS 98, XP, and 7 so why rush like marrying the wrong woman, and later come a divorce....like I'll remarry the old WINS 7 gal.

FD611V, May 31, 2015
  8. Starkman Win User

Well, I can't PM Jimbo45 for the old standard W7 classic games, as I've not yet made five posts, so if he reads this post and can do whatever it is that he would normally do (something about dropbox, which I don't know anything about), that would be great! Thanks.

Starkman, May 31, 2015
  9. I personally myself was a fan of the gadgets from Vista and 7 I thought they were neat. I always enjoyed having them on my desktop. That is why I installed 8GadgetPack for Windows 8/8.1. If anyone is interested here is the link:

8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10

It's also in a Windows 10 BETA stage that works, although not all the gadgets function correctly, the author will fix this when the final version of 10 is released. So far its stable for me on my TP 10130 build. So Windows 10 and I still have gadgets, which is cool *Smile

heyyahblah, May 31, 2015
  10. FD611V Win User
    Thanks for the great gadget link. I missed the WIN7 when MS decided we didn't need them. MS seems to be wrong most of the time.

FD611V, May 31, 2015
  11. Agreed. Your welcome sir. I always enjoyed them, and I don't think you need to worry so much about gadget "security flaws" as Microsoft called it, as long as your O/S is up to date and you have good A/V software on your PC. Plus that author included in his bundle the best and safest gadgets and its regularly updated. Great guy for coming up with that.

That 8GadgetPack and Start8 made my Windows 8.1 experience so much better that it felt like 7 and I was able to let go *Smile

heyyahblah, Jun 1, 2015
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

13. What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

+1 for the 8gadgetpack. I've been using it on Win8 since it came out and now use it on Win10TP.

Mark Phelps, Jun 1, 2015
  14. trekker81 Win User
    I just joined, so TenForums would not let me send a PM until I have posted 5 times.

Please provide the link for the W7 games. I much prefer them to the W10 ones.

Thank you in advance

trekker81, Jun 2, 2015
  15. Starkman Win User
Thema:

1. What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - You’ll Lose Upgrade

2. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?: I want to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I know it is too late for free upgrade. How do I do this ? Where do I purchase ? Is there certain requirements ?...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 via usb without losing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 7 via usb without losing data?: Hello, The old motherboard on my custom desktop broke so I had to replace it with a new one as well as a few other new components. I was previously running Windows 7 on my old mobo but I just learned after installing my new one that it is only Windows 10 compatible. So, I...
  4. What will users lose when doing a Windows 10 in-place upgrade from Windows 7

What will users lose when doing a Windows 10 in-place upgrade from Windows 7: Hi, We will being doing a number of upgrades from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise. Other than uninstalling incompatible applications and installing newer versions, I am concerned what the users will lose once the upgrades are complete. In other words, I...
  5. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  6. How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data

in Windows 10 News
    How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you upgrade from one version of Windows to a higher version, new features get added to your computer, and at the same time, your files & data remain intact and unaffected. This means that a user can use their [...] This post How to upgrade from Windows...
  7. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

upgrade from windows 7 to 10: I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete Windows Media Player and I have been unable to do that. My question is do I have to uninstall windows 7 to install windows 10,...
  8. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  9. Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft announced today that it will be launching Windows 10 on July 29th, encouraging Windows 7 and 8.1 users to reserve their free upgrade with a notification in their task bar. However, while the company has been busy highlighting all the shiny new features in the...
  10. What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: There's a thread in the News section called: What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 So to put the opposite side of the coin it would be nice to change one letter and find out: What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 But...