Windows 10: What's a Good, Affordable Motherboard?

Discus and support What's a Good, Affordable Motherboard? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plan to buy either an i5 6600 or 6500. Can you guys recommend a good budget motherboard for it? Again, I'm on a budget. 48355 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ruzzi, Apr 24, 2016.

1. ruzzi Win User

What's a Good, Affordable Motherboard?

I plan to buy either an i5 6600 or 6500. Can you guys recommend a good budget motherboard for it? Again, I'm on a budget.

:)

ruzzi, Apr 24, 2016

2. Can't afford Office, now what?

The only free options I am aware of are cloud-based options, which do not use ActiveSync at all. You can use My Phone (if you have a WM6.x phone) or Windows Live for contacts - look for the Windows Live application that is loaded on your device.
    BTW You don't need to have the whole Microsoft Office suite installed on your computer. It might be more affordable for you to purchase Microsoft Outlook (you can find it for about $60 if you google for it).

Prof Julie, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices |
    http://pocketprimer.com

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 24, 2016
  3. leonm54 Win User
    Can't afford Office, now what?

Can you point me to instructions on how to set this up with Active Sync?

I am VERY hesitant to put my personal information out on the internet. I would much rather use some form of freeware utility. Know of any that would work?

leonm54, Apr 24, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Everyone's on "A Budget" .... The Amount is Variable.

Just spit it out - What is the most you are willing to spend on a mainboard?

RWOne, Apr 24, 2016
  5. ruzzi Win User
    About $90

ruzzi, Apr 25, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Check out Gigabyte, Asus and/or AsRock.. all of these are solid brands.

1 Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3

BunnyJ, Apr 25, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 25, 2016
  8. ruzzi Win User

Yeah thanks. I like MSI and Asus. I really don't like Gigabyte though
    Hey thanks. I already got a parts list on that site. Heres the link:

Intel Core i5-6500, MSI GeForce GTX 970, Cooler Master HAF 912 USB3.0 - Lighter Rig - xlooks Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Now, I want to get a lower priced motherboard. A few people suggestedI get a Micro ATX as opposed to an ATX. What do you think I should get and is there a big difference between the two?

Can you also suggest a lower priced PSU and computer case?

ruzzi, Apr 25, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Micro ATX is just smaller version with less PCIe/PCI buses, it doesn't influence it's performance. If you don't need so many PCI/PCIe and SATA connectors, micro ATX would do just fine. Problem is that it might not necessarily mean lower price and specially not price/ value ratio.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2016
  10. ruzzi Win User
    ruzzi, Apr 25, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    Looks OK, I mean compatibility and all that jazz but couple of things.
    Don't cheap out on PSU, it's important thing and stability is important. That EVGA is good one.
    Don't throw out RAM upgrade possibility, there's only two slots for it. If you must get only 8 GB, get one stick of 8GB so you can upgrade later on. As you are not going to use IGPU for main display, dual channel is not of any importance.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2016
  12. ruzzi Win User
    ruzzi, Apr 25, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

DDR4 can use 16GB modules, I don't think you'll run out of memory slots to soon.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2016
  14. ruzzi Win User
    ruzzi, Apr 25, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    Actually I was talking about : MSI H110M Gaming LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gbs USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com you mentioned before as that one has only two RAM slots so with one 16GB stick you leave space for another one at later time.
    This other one has 4 and has more PCIe slots but is not micro ATX you expressed wish for.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

1. What's a Good, Affordable Motherboard? - Similar Threads - What's Affordable Motherboard

2. What VPN protection should this grandmother choose that is affordable and effective?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What VPN protection should this grandmother choose that is affordable and effective?: I am researching VPN providers to add this extra layer of security for my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-vpn-protection-should-this-grandmother-choose/21e9121a-f956-4673-bb66-339531227fc5
  3. Is a discount motherboard as good as a top shelf board

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is a discount motherboard as good as a top shelf board: A friend found an unopened motherboard in a back closet and is selling it for $25. is this good enough for a basic system for a shut in? I asked him what board it was and he told me it was in a pizza sized box, computer tech is not his forte' 153496
  4. Is a discount motherboard as good as a top shelf board

in Windows 10 Support
    Is a discount motherboard as good as a top shelf board: A friend found an unopened motherboard in a back closet and is selling it for $25. is this good enough for a basic system for a shut in? I asked him what board it was and he told me it was in a pizza sized box, computer tech is not his forte' 153496
  5. Whats a Good Seedbox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whats a Good Seedbox?: Hi guys, Looks like seedboxes are more secure than vpns. Which seedboxes are good but cheap? I also read that you can "root" a seedbox. What exactly does that mean? . 145164
  6. Whats a Good Seedbox?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whats a Good Seedbox?: Hi guys, Looks like seedboxes are more secure than vpns. Which seedboxes are good but cheap? I also read that you can "root" a seedbox. What exactly does that mean? . 145164
  7. What is a good cpu with a good onboard gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is a good cpu with a good onboard gpu?: I don't need a separate graphics card, a long time ago I stopped playing multi-player online video games where the user that has the most expensive hardware, the fastest internet and the best cheating software always wins. If I want to make myself feel bad, I will play...
  8. is there a actual a real free for good winzip download anywhere for people that cant afford...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is there a actual a real free for good winzip download anywhere for people that cant afford...: is there a actual a real free for good winzip download anywhere for people that cant afford to pay for it with updates etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-actual-a-real-free-for-good-winzip/374e1b04-dde1-4e42-b1aa-68009909086f"
  9. What free or affordable video editing software are you using?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What free or affordable video editing software are you using?: Hey guys, I'm doing a research and was hoping you could help me with it. I'm trying to find out what the most popular free or affordable (under $50) video editing software is. Windows OS, of course. Please write in comments what program you are using or used in the past and...
  10. Gigabyte Motherboards: Are they good?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gigabyte Motherboards: Are they good?: My new rig is experiencing bandwidth bottlenecks on PCIe slots. Not because ASUS is not a good brand but because of some uplanned PCIe hardware upgrades. I need to fix this bottleneck problems and the best candidate so far to replace this 2 month old ASUS Z97-A USB3.1...