Windows 10: What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot?

Discus and support What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Something odd has happened on my machine the last few days. I have duel monitors. I like to have my shortcuts on my left monitor, which is my primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rod at Work, Jul 24, 2018.

1. What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot?

Something odd has happened on my machine the last few days. I have duel monitors. I like to have my shortcuts on my left monitor, which is my primary monitor. But now, in the last few days, whenever I restart my machine, when it comes back up all of the shortcuts move from the left monitor to the right monitor. All of them are positioned in the same way, relative to themselves, but the whole batch has moved from one monitor to the other.

OK, I'll grant you that this isn't the worst thing in the world. I can move everything back from the right monitor to the left monitor, but it is an annoyance. What is causing this behavior and what, if anything, can I do to stop it?

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise edition, 64-bit. With the 1803 update.

:)

Rod at Work, Jul 24, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot? :)

terrace, Jul 24, 2018
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot?

windows shortcuts

Hi,

This issue can be caused by conflicts with desktop icon size.

As an initial troubleshooting step, change the icon size by following the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop screen.
    • Click View.
    • Switch from Medium icons to Small icons or
      Large icons
      to Small icons.
    • See if the box that circling the desktop shortcut will be gone.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot?

1. What's causing all of my shortcuts to move after a reboot? - Similar Threads - What's causing shortcuts

2. whats is causing my reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats is causing my reboot: Hello i have been experiencing non stop crashes when ever i play a game in event viewer i saw a error and it says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80444efb320. A dump...
  3. whats is causing my reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats is causing my reboot: Hello i have been experiencing non stop crashes when ever i play a game in event viewer i saw a error and it says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff80444efb320. A dump...
  4. whats is causing my reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. whats is causing my reboot

whats is causing my reboot: HelloEverytime i play call of duty warzone my system crashes or reboots when it blue screens it is glitched pixely on bottom at the top its two or three duplicated screens when it starts to reboot it show the last thing that happened before it rebooted till it turns on...
  6. whats is causing my reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    whats is causing my reboot: HelloEverytime i play call of duty warzone my system crashes or reboots when it blue screens it is glitched pixely on bottom at the top its two or three duplicated screens when it starts to reboot it show the last thing that happened before it rebooted till it turns on...
  7. whats is causing my reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. What is causing these random reboots

What is causing these random reboots: i got the bugcheck 0x0000007e again, i am going to attach the mini dump file i would much appreciate any help i don't know why this is happening to me AGAINhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_hYKX7H-e3EL24Fjym2SR2-48F6aezz/view?usp=sharingfor my situation before i had the same...
  9. What is causing these random reboots

What is causing these random reboots: I have no idea what's going on but at night time after i am done using my pc after awhile it just randomly reboots with "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80735701f15, 0xffff8384b6b6eb58, 0xffff8384b6b6e390. A...
  10. Desktop shortcuts and files are moving after reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop shortcuts and files are moving after reboot: Hey my desktop shortcut and files are moving in a certain position(not sorted by any means, seems arbitrarily, but everytime the same position) and its driving me crazy. I already searched and found many thread on multiple sites, but nothing helped me. As far as I can tell I...