Windows 10: What’s coming soon for Windows Insiders in upcoming flights

Discus and support What’s coming soon for Windows Insiders in upcoming flights in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello Windows Insiders, Check your inboxes! An email was sent out today to all Windows Insiders from Terry Myerson, Executive Vice President of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What’s coming soon for Windows Insiders in upcoming flights

Source: Coming soon to a flight near you! - Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Brink, Nov 27, 2017

2. Display Dock for Continuum (Firmware)

Hi, everyone--

Thanks for your patience--we expect a fix to be rolled out soon in an upcoming flight. When it's out, I'll post back to this thread.

-Darcie

Darcie [MSFT], Nov 27, 2017
  3. Spotify for HTC 7 Trophy

From what i understand it seems like spotify wont be coming to the Trophy until it gets the upcoming mango update. so hopefully its coming soon!

BrianGeary, Nov 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Email: An update on whats coming next for Windows Insiders - Windows Insider

Brink, Nov 27, 2017
  5. magilla Win User
    We Want A NEW BUILD -- with some of the new features you mentioned above, Brink and Dona!

magilla, Nov 27, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    I don't like the idea of those "Sets" distribution, I got a feeling I'll end up as Tail end Charlie as usual. It should be all or none.

CountMike, Nov 27, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Agreed...... Shawn will have to do multiple "Announcing" threads for them that got and them that didn't, and hope you're posting in the right one! Kinda like the "Fast, no skippy", "Skippy w/Fast", etc. *chuckle

f14tomcat, Nov 27, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

Thanks for sharing that, Kari. Hopefully so. I'm ready.

Great new O365 features. They're furthering development and introducing the linked-within-app navigation concept introduced in 8/8.1 Store apps. Nothing quicker and more convenient.

Wish I had this tech back when in business, although I can still use it to some great extent today.

Tony K, Nov 27, 2017
  9. Kari Win User
    For Ten Forums enthusiasts like we are, how cool would it be if you could select in forums settings to use Word as post editor instead of the built-in forum software editor, to be able to fully utilize this new Sets feature. You could post directly from Word with formatting and save your posts in OneDrive as Word docs. Opening one later would show all reference articles and quoted posts in their own tabs. You could edit if necessary, then select "Send to TF" to post it.

10. CountMike New Member
    We don't know what would be criteria who get's them or when but I predict a lot of traffic in Insider forum and probably some confusion.

CountMike, Nov 27, 2017
  11. CountMike New Member
    MS was mentioning something like that all the way back to 1995 and W95 but I guess technology wasn't ready for that that time.

CountMike, Nov 27, 2017
  12. Tony K Win User
    Oh? I don't remember that, but you would know better than me.

Great idea, Kari. Are you going to be the one to suggest it to him, for I can imagine his expression > *Shock

I've noticed he's had the paste from Word feature turned off in the editor for quite some time. I'm guessing for security reasons. If I'm going to write a long post I'll use Word and copy/paste it over. That way I can still surf the forum while writing off and on. Did it just last night for a post.

Tony K, Nov 27, 2017
  13. magilla Win User

Kari, thank you so much for showing this and sharing this new feature. Sets for Windows 10 seems to be a godsend for many of us who do research papers and want to link to multiple sources that are local or on the internet ---- looking forward to this feature for sure!

magilla, Nov 27, 2017
  14. dencal Win User
    From an M$ perspective it makes sense to have differing issues released at same time.
    Easier to identify if the same bugs occur on each issue, especially with an enormous amount of insiders on different setups to count on.
    This of course will not please all Insiders, but M$ are doing it for their benefit during development, but eventually it benefits all.

dencal, Nov 27, 2017
  15. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for posting the link to this on the 17046 Insider thread, Shawn. *Smile

Just got my email. These are some exciting new features indeed.

I noticed the footnote. Just like some features, such as Cortana, it may not be available in all regions. May also need certain hardware or software as well. O365 as one I would assume.

Tony K, Nov 27, 2017
Thema:

1. What’s coming soon for Windows Insiders in upcoming flights - Similar Threads - What’s coming soon

2. What is new and coming soon to Microsoft 365 at Build 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is new and coming soon to Microsoft 365 at Build 2020: It’s opening day for Build, and the first time we’re holding our annual developer conference entirely online. In this era of remote everything, technology is enabling us to keep providing experiences like Build even though we can’t meet in...
  3. when will windows insiders be able to "test drive" the upcoming Windows 10X

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    when will windows insiders be able to "test drive" the upcoming Windows 10X: I remember that I was allowed to test out Windows 10 in the latter days of 2014, and bought Windows 10 Home on Halloween, 2015. This next time around, will we be able to unofficially test drive the new Windows, which I have read will be called Windows 10X? Please reply to...
  4. What is Cortana Upcoming for?

in Cortana
    What is Cortana Upcoming for?: Just installed Cortana on my Andriod device Its filled my Upcoming page with an entirely random collection of tasks from To Do, based (it seems) on the reminder time, not due date. So its totally missed two overdue tasks and it's instead calling out things I have to do in 6...
  5. what are the upcoming update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what are the upcoming update for windows 10: I want to know just what are the upcoming update for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-upcoming-update-for-windows-10/2b602c2f-316b-4eaf-95e6-d24ef38016d9
  6. Changes to Coming Soon in Outlook for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Changes to Coming Soon in Outlook for Windows: Microsoft Outlook for Windows is used by millions of people every day, to communicate and connect with others, to stay organized, and to get things done. It is a critical and essential piece of their day, with their email, schedules and meetings, people and contacts, tasks,...
  7. Official open source Windows Insider app coming soon

in Windows 10 News
    Official open source Windows Insider app coming soon: For those who are part of the Windows Insider Program (WIP), you'll be pleased to know that an official app is in the works. The app was teased at Microsoft's Ignite conference during a session dedicated to talking about WIP in business and enterprise. There's not a lot...
  8. Will there be a new version coming soon?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will there be a new version coming soon?: I absolutely can not take microsoft updates anymore. Windows 10 has got to be the most inconvenient operating system ever. Just to even ask this question was a long ordeal of microsoft collecting all of my info just to create an account to gain access here. Please please...
  9. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build Coming Soon

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build Coming Soon: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 7499
  10. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: Hi everyone, we’re hard at work on the next builds that we’ll send out to you for PC and Mobile. I don’t have an update on timing for that quite yet, but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC build as we get ready for July 29th....