Windows 10: What's Going On

Discus and support What's Going On in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; What is going on recently with Widows 10 and slow internet? At first last week it was Google Chrome, now it's Firefox and Edge. No matter what browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by unclefletch311, Sep 30, 2015.

1. What's Going On

What is going on recently with Widows 10 and slow internet? At first last week it was Google Chrome, now it's Firefox and Edge. No matter what browser I'm using it's still the same. When using my tablet and cel via WiFi everything is working normal. I've scoured the internet for solutions and after trying them the issue is still there. Windows can you please fix the issue...this is becoming very frustrating.

:)

unclefletch311, Sep 30, 2015

2. Cant set a Default Browser

I have a slightly different version of this problem. I have Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc. loaded on my machine, however I have no default chosen. I can see all of the browsers as choices in system settings but I will not let me chose any of them, including
    Edge. When I click on one of the browsers nothing happens.

Not sure what's going on here, Sep 30, 2015
  3. I can't find IE in Default Programs so that I can make it my default browser

It’s taken me awhile to figure this out. Most of the instructions I’ve seen don’t seem to mention that there are two ways to set default programs—one works the other doesn’t do much of anything. Plus it appears that your defaults are sometimes changed
    with Windows 10 updates.

To make my default choices stick you should consider running n w10_stop_reset_fileasso, which can be downloaded from

http://techdows.com/2016/02/prevent-windows-10-resetting-file-associations.html
    . This is optional but it supposed to prevent Windows updates from resetting your defaults.

Then it gets confusing. When you type in “Default Programs” as instructed most likely you will get only one hit for default programs and it will have a white gear in a blue box. This is the default program under “Settings” not “Control Panel.” If you
    have ever used Control Panel to make changes to defaults your search should yield two “Default Programs.” In the attached image the one on top (highlighted in blue) is default programs under “Control Panel” and the bottom one is default programs under “Settings.”
    You need to use the one under “Control Panel.”

What's Going On [​IMG]

If you can’t find it by searching you can get there following the following path:

Control Panel>Programs>Default Programs. Once there you should see four choices:

• Set your default programs
    • Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    • Change AutoPlay settings
    • Set program access and computer defaults

The first option should allow you to make all the changes you need. Besides changing your default browser you can make Adobe Acrobat the default app for pdf files instead of Edge (another irritating default). Not all defaults can be changed here, for example
    you can’t change the folder to which stuff is downloaded; that requires editing registry files. Easy to do but not for the faint-hearted.

After selecting “Set your default programs” Windows will build a list of all the programs on your system.

What's Going On [​IMG]

Select the program (I used Outlook as an example) you want set as the default for something and you should see a blurb about the program appear on the right hand side. Underneath this there should now be two selections” “Set this program as default” and
    “Choose defaults for this program.” Select “Choose defaults for this program.”

What's Going On [​IMG]

Make sure all of the various items (extensions, protocols, MAPI, etc.) are the correct ones you want to use this program as the default for. Check and uncheck the choices as appropriate and then select the save button in the lower right hand corner. This
    should take you back to the previous screen where you should select “Set this program as default.” Now if you made all the correct selections in the previous step your default should have changed to whatever you chose.

Voil !

Not sure what's going on here, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

What's Going On

1. What's Going On - Similar Threads - What's Going

2. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?: I am literally on the verge of beating the **** out of my USB stick, it keeps appearing on my file explorer but then disappearing and when I check elsewhere it looks like this...
  3. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?: I am literally on the verge of beating the **** out of my USB stick, it keeps appearing on my file explorer but then disappearing and when I check elsewhere it looks like this...
  4. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 : What causes display to go to sleep after one minute?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 : What causes display to go to sleep after one minute?: Hello,I have Windows 10 Enterprise. I am on a Desktop computer.I observe the following behaviour:- I lock my computer keystroke: Win+L . the "welcome screen" gets displayed, with the usual text "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to unlock" or whatnot.- I wait exactly 60 seconds without...
  6. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  7. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  8. What could be the cause of my laptop randomly going off while I'm using it? It just goes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What could be the cause of my laptop randomly going off while I'm using it? It just goes...: Microsoft Visual C++ Debug LibraryXDebug Assertion Failed!Program: C\Windows\system320gfxsrvc.exeFile: Vgfxsrc.cppLine: 170Expression: SUCCEEDEDResFor information on how your program can cause an assertionfailure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts....
  9. What could be the cause of my laptop randomly going off while I'm using it? It just goes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be the cause of my laptop randomly going off while I'm using it? It just goes...: Microsoft Visual C++ Debug LibraryXDebug Assertion Failed!Program: C\Windows\system320gfxsrvc.exeFile: Vgfxsrc.cppLine: 170Expression: SUCCEEDEDResFor information on how your program can cause an assertionfailure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts....
  10. What could be the cause of my laptop randomly going off while I'm using it? It just goes...