Windows 10: What's happened to HomeGroup Network Service

Discus and support What's happened to HomeGroup Network Service in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Constant problems with not connecting to my network printer. I've selected options to "join" but nothing happens?? from both computers! Dead Air ?? Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElliotLake68, Aug 27, 2018.

1. What's happened to HomeGroup Network Service

Constant problems with not connecting to my network printer. I've selected options to "join" but nothing happens?? from both computers! Dead Air ?? Not even a swirl to give me hope. Read other questions about same with no answers. Has WIndows 10 given up on home networks without telling anyone ?

Nice to Know

Ell

:)

ElliotLake68, Aug 27, 2018

2. Win7 Annoyance: HomeGroup Listener service

Okay , since i saw the two win7 threads , i see that , HOMEGRoUP is .... not even needed , but it worked for me atleast until the printer stopped sharing for some reason , I also had disabled (for some reason?) multiple services like Peer Networking (3 related, were disabled) and Homegroup services (2 , manual )

Only the Homegroup provider service was always started , im not sure at all if homegroup ever worked , but i CANT leave the homegroup , i want to START OVER because i recently installed fresh win7 on my computer , (this is the PC with the printer attached , again*Roll Eyes What's happened to HomeGroup Network Service :rolleyes: )

Now to GET me here , i have wasted an hour searching throught web , full of useless 3 step wannabe-advanced "guides" that only tell you the obvious basic ways, what i already did.

This is when i try to start the HG Listener service , that is responsible for configuration.
    I have already followed some solutions but wern't working , mainly because I think the Listener service is is not present;

but the solution was to delete everything from

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

The question is , should i opt for mussels way and COMPLETELY ERASE DELETE DISABLE homegroup , or should i repair the HomeGroup Listener service and then it should Leave the homegroup and reset everything. ( MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE "SHARING WIZARD" in FOLDER OPTIONS,"simple file sharing" in xp)

I don't even know what the heck is with this win7 clusterfick , but i think im also fed up with "you need to have permissions from [yourself]" ; so i made a new thread not sure if it fits elsewhere , but i quite agree with the "Security/VirtualStore/permission" being totally useless to home users.

Microsoft makes OS for office environiments , 80% of it's users are home users.

Im not sure yet if it's the cause why the printer doesn't want to share , i'll see.

Oh and , the purpose of disabling services (i did that months ago and printer was working until 2 weeks ago)

RuskiSnajper, Aug 27, 2018
  3. create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Aug 27, 2018
  4. What's happened to HomeGroup Network Service

HOMEGroup - Network discovery and file sharing

Hi Carol,

The issue you’re experiencing with connecting to the HomeGroup network might be caused by a variety of reasons which we need to find out. We suggest that you run the network troubleshooter. This would automatically detect
    and fix issues that stop you from connecting to your HomeGroup. To run the network troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Click the Network and Internet link.
    • Select HomeGroup.
    • Enter your Administrator credentials if prompted.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

What's happened to HomeGroup Network Service

1. What's happened to HomeGroup Network Service - Similar Threads - What's happened HomeGroup

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  4. What happened to Customer service ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to Customer service ?: Hello, my username was less of a concern at the moment. i want to prioritize typing this post first and worry about that later.for reasons, the phone customer service providers microsoft used to have are no longer available to the public.i don't appreciate it. but to whoever...
  5. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  6. Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services

Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services: As title - Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider are not listed in services. This is on a clean install of windows 10 pro. Any idea on how to get these services back? Thanks 110194
  7. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Networking and Homegroups no longer working: It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have...
  8. Lost network/homegroup sharing

Lost network/homegroup sharing: I see the following error on both my HTPC and my desktop PC. Both running Win 10 pro 64 bit. I reinstalled the intel driver on bot machines but that did not work. I power cycled the cable modem and routher, that didn't work either. I tried the winsock series on CMDs...
  9. Networking issue (Homegroup etc)

Networking issue (Homegroup etc): Hi, I have been trying to setup a network between 2 Windows 10 computers. I have tried the homegroup route but receive an error. I have turned off firewalls, AV Protection, etc. I have tried just sharing the folders out over network but cannot do it. I am stumped. I need...
  10. Homegroup/Networking Problems

Homegroup/Networking Problems: I adopted the Windows 10 preview back before July, did a fresh install and had it working with another PC here at home which was Windows 7 Ultimate x 64. The homegroup worked fine between the two... but after I upgraded the Windows 7 machine, it stopped working. I used the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to homegroup in windows 10

2. what happened to homegroup

3. what is homegroup service

4. what happened to homegroup?,
  5. what happen to home group