Windows 10: What’s New for You in Windows 10

Discus and support What’s New for You in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yesterday we released our first major update to Windows 10. Terry Myerson shared details on the release in his blog and today we thought we’d package... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What’s New for You in Windows 10

Source: What’s New for You in Windows 10 | Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Nov 12, 2015

2. Solitaire on Windows 10

With all the negative comments that I've seen here, why hasn't Microsoft brought back the old solitaire?? Obviously I'm not the only one who is thoroughly displeased with the omition of Solitaire. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????

Hating new 10, Nov 12, 2015
  3. 'RickT Win User
    If you gets a new hard drive for your PC if you already installed Windows 10 on the old hard drive, is a product required key to install the windows 10 ISO DVD on the new hard drive?

Hello, Thomas

If it was full retail version then no worries - just reenter the code on the box.

If it was an OEM or upgrade of an OEM version then if it was previously Activated on the old drive, there should be no problems on the new drive - you have a Digital License that's tied to the motherboard. When you get to the "Enter your Activation Key"
    bit of the Install, look around the screen for a small option that says "I don't have one" or "I'll do it later". Your machine should self Activate as soon as you connect to the 'net.

'RickT, Nov 12, 2015
  4. What’s New for You in Windows 10

Mail and Calendar now actually work, cool.

lopedoggie, Nov 12, 2015
  5. xbox. getting the elite controller soon. $$$ Hello Santa Claus, yes this mike and i have been a good boy.

lopedoggie, Nov 12, 2015
  6. Very informative...! Thank you for that, Brink. *Wink

Cluster Head, Nov 12, 2015
  7. Brink, thanks for this forum. I just downloaded windows movie maker from the windows essentials 2012 package and it appears to work this edition windows (TH2 1511...).

lopedoggie, Nov 12, 2015
  8. MSRadell Win User

It's too bad that this update didn't include the addition of the ability to use add-ins to Edge. It seems to be a great browser but those of us who have to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking software in order to use her computer because of a handicap really can't use it without this ability. Originally it was said that this ability would be part of TH2 but now they are saying it won't be available until next year.

MSRadell, Nov 13, 2015
  9. Holy lack of seamless transition Batman! <-- My experience thus far with Update 2.

Cannot install this build in Audit Mode so this means if anyone is cooking custom images on Windows 10 10240, gonna have to scrap and rebuild from scratch. Sigh... *Sick

Also interesting, maybe a bug or glitch with showing more tiles; if you have the Start Screen set as a menu and go to change it to full screen and more tiles and THEN open Start, the tile size remains the same. If you had the Start Screen full screen and changed to show more tiles, tile size is smaller. I'd prefer keeping it one size personally, feels consistent. The side menu in full screen Start is much larger than before. Not liking how the power context menu is so wide when the text is so tiny. Not consistent.

STILL waiting for an OS wide dark mode....

Slightly fuming over the fact the update resets a lot of custom changes to the OS and have to be redone.

Seems faster? Search is a bit quicker.

But my more FAVORITE freaking part of what's new, the ability to simultaneously resize two snapped windows together!
    *Party*Party*Party*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Party*Party*Party*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Party*Party*Party*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh*Party*Party*Party*Dinesh*Dinesh*Dinesh

I've been waiting for this feature to happens for years! Literal years! I think I once originally thought of this idea back in 7 when I first got my Touch Mouse and thought how nifty it would be to have the windows automatically resize when you adjust two snapped windows so one's larger than the other. After sending feedback and feature requests over the years, it is done!

Goes to show if you yell at the right people, things happen! *Smile

Coke Robot, Nov 13, 2015
  10. Seems a little faster now, but I still cannot import my favorites into Edge from Firefox.
    I also still have the problem where modern apps just have a blank white square instead of an icon in both the start menu and taskbar *really

RamboMcMutNutts, Nov 13, 2015
  11. GAS
    Gas Win User
    I mostly use computer for photo editing and I am amazed how good it works with all my photo editing SW and how fast my very big RAW files are viewed and processed, W7 and W8.1 had some problems with RAW files i always had to use and external viewer.
    Smooth with office files even big ones; very good for web surfing (I like Edge, just use it for surfing all I need is there, I love the great integrated PDF converter fast and accurate ).
    And also my CPU is working at a lower temperature (and that means lower cooler fan speed and more silent PC)
    In the next days I will try it also for video editing.

12. Thank-you for this information, Gas. I'll go set the new Photos app as my default. Was wary of doing so before this update due to reading a lot of functionality complaints. Since you use your computer mostly for editing and are satisfied with the application, that speaks volumes.

This is a great thread! I've looked at some of the articles posted online that claim to describe the latest updates, but none of them are direct and to the point. Some of those writers use way too many words. Just give me the facts.

AllenChicago, Nov 15, 2015
  13. GAS
    Gas Win User

You Are welcome Allen,
    As I said I use photo app as the default viewer for RAW/TIFF files (on that side it is really fast and smooth) not for editing, though i have to say that for basic editing it it quiet good.
    There is a lot of very skilled and helpful members in the forum, you can find answers for every question you have.
    I am sure you are going to enjoy W10 and Tenforum.

14. All I want to say is well done,
    Seems faster loading on windows 10, Edge and Cortana.
    Mail is also faster and finds all my apps I use a lot faster.
    Was not slow before but woow

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What’s New for You in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - What’s

2. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.: Hi! I've been having problems with bluescreening on my pc. I've had it since august 2023 and it's just constantly been BSOD-ing etc with similar bluescreens. I've tried most of the stuff on here, online and nothing seems to be working. The BSOD's i've been having...
  3. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.: Hi! I've been having problems with bluescreening on my pc. I've had it since august 2023 and it's just constantly been BSOD-ing etc with similar bluescreens. I've tried most of the stuff on here, online and nothing seems to be working. The BSOD's i've been having...
  4. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My windows applications are disappearing, what could be the cause of this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows applications are disappearing, what could be the cause of this?: System: Windows 10 A few days ago mspaint vanished from my computer. I do not know how or why, but one day I right clicked on an image which I wished to edit and scrolled to open with paint. The problem was paint wasn't there. I clicked on load more apps and it didn't show...
  6. My windows applications are disappearing, what could be the cause of this?

My windows applications are disappearing, what could be the cause of this?: System: Windows 10 A few days ago mspaint vanished from my computer. I do not know how or why, but one day I right clicked on an image which I wished to edit and scrolled to open with paint. The problem was paint wasn't there. I clicked on load more apps and it didn't show...
  7. My windows applications are disappearing, what could be the cause of this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. What to do when you haven't received verification code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when you haven't received verification code?: When I login to my account I have to verify by a code they send to my phone number but I don't receive the code I have tried multiple times it has been hours and it seems to be the only way to access my account. The customer service is so bad I can't access anything and...
  9. What to do when you haven't received verification code?

What to do when you haven't received verification code?: When I login to my account I have to verify by a code they send to my phone number but I don't receive the code I have tried multiple times it has been hours and it seems to be the only way to access my account. The customer service is so bad I can't access anything and...
  10. have no idea what ive done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have no idea what ive done: But cant run any troubleshooting stuff, click in files in windows file explorer and all of them show "windows cant find - make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. also have windows updates that fail. my pc is a dumpster fire right now....