Windows 10: Whats the best 2.5" HDD enclosure i can get for about 20$?

Discus and support Whats the best 2.5" HDD enclosure i can get for about 20$? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok so my new HDD western digital enclosure fell once with the wire in it and the port broke off*Mad i thought that western digital are top brand,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xdarkmario, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Whats the best 2.5" HDD enclosure i can get for about 20$?

ok so my new HDD western digital enclosure fell once with the wire in it and the port broke off*Mad
    i thought that western digital are top brand, enclosures included.

so im looking for a sturdy new hard drive enclosure that i can put my 2.5" HDD in.

im not trying to spend more then 20$ for it because i just brought this enclosure back in december and it broke.
    Hard drive im looking at

im looking at this one now and it looks good but whats you guys thoughts

small conditions im looking for

-USA only
    -not more then 20$ (maybe negotiable)
    -USB 3.0 (mainly shielded because a unshielded usb wire interferes with my wifi)
    -fast enough

help would much appreciated

:)

xdarkmario, Apr 14, 2015
  2. Jo-Ellen Win User

windows 10 does not boot on another computer

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll try the enclosure for the 3.5". I didn't even know abt them. Great info...will let you know if it works.

Been working on and off with 'puters for over 20 yrs and would think I had enough sense to back up data. Sure will now.

My 12 yr old dimension died. Dead dead dead. I fixed it about 6x but needed to upgrade.

Again, thanks.

Nanageek

Jo-Ellen, Apr 14, 2015
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    windows 10 does not boot on another computer

If what you are trying to do is get information off that old HDD onto the new computer then buy an enclosure for it so you can temporarily connect it to the new computer by USB.

See my post in
    How do I transfer data from an old laptop (broken screen) to a new laptop
    but note that, since you are talking about desktops rather then laptops:-

Your HDDs are 3.5" not 2.5"

You will need an enclosure that has its own AC power supply.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

About the problem you have actually reported, your Windows 10 installation is tailored to the hardware that existed on the computer it was installed on [including its motherboard**, display card, monitor, USB ports, ...] so swapping HDDs between computers
    is not the simple job it was before XP came along.

** Additionally, the old computer's motherboard may not be compatible with Windows 10.

Tryx3, Apr 14, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Whats the best 2.5" HDD enclosure i can get for about 20$?

I have one of this. Solid construction. USB 3.0. Vantec is a good brand.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vantec-n...uId=1305450675

badrobot, Apr 14, 2015
Thema:

Whats the best 2.5" HDD enclosure i can get for about 20$?

1. Whats the best 2.5" HDD enclosure i can get for about 20$? - Similar Threads - Whats best HDD

2. Windows Update stuck at 20% for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update stuck at 20% for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error?* Original title: This has been going on for about 2 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-at-20-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  3. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10: Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a clean install of W10 from an official ISO). Several years ago I bought a Dynamode HDD enclosure and I connected a 320Gb HDD...
  4. Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Dynamode HDD enclosure not recognised by Win10: Hi, Jon here. (First post. Running Win10 Pro X64, version 1909, on a Fujitsu desktop which originally ran Win8 - I wiped/reformatted the HDD and did a clean install of W10 from an official ISO). Several years ago I bought a Dynamode HDD enclosure and I connected a 320Gb HDD...
  5. Other Colors for HDD enclosures?

Other Colors for HDD enclosures?: Might be a bit of a long shot this as I have looked. Other then black, silver or white, is it possible to purchase a USB 3 2.5 or SSD/HDD enclosure only, in red, yellow or any other colour then mentioned above? 179782
  6. what is the best program to get a windows key off an old HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is the best program to get a windows key off an old HDD?: I need to get an old Window key off my previous HDD. What is the best program to do this? I changed my HDD to an SSD, and changed to a different mobo so it deactivated my windows and the activation didnt change other despite being tied to my account submitted by...
  7. Can I get an email that Windows is about to update and what's in the update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I get an email that Windows is about to update and what's in the update?: The last Windows update took down one of our systems and we were not prepared. Is there any way I can get an email prior to the update that lists what will be updated? I've tried an RSS feed, but my company blocks them, so that's not an option. Any ideas? Thanks, April...
  8. HDD not working with Enclosure

HDD not working with Enclosure: I had an old laptop that wouldn't boot, so someone replaced my HDD and gave me the bad one back. They didn't explain what was wrong with it. A few months ago I bought and enclosure (ORICO 2588US3) to use the HDD with my current PC running Windows 10. When I plug it in, it...
  9. Windows storage spaces with external 2 bay HDD enclosure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows storage spaces with external 2 bay HDD enclosure: Hi there I can't seem to decide what's the best way option connecting a 2 Bay HDD external enclosure to a laptop for maximum performance. The HDD enclosure can connect via e-sata or a USB 3 connection -- I have to use the USB 3 connection as there's no e-sata external...
  10. Bluetooth 5: What it’s all about

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth 5: What it’s all about: With the launch of Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth® technology continues to evolve to meet the needs of the industry as the global wireless standard for simple, secure connectivity. With 4x range, 2x speed and 8x broadcasting message capacity, the enhancements of Bluetooth 5 focus on...