Windows 10: Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?

Discus and support Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was looking around and it seems very confused. Because it's a new PC it needs the cheaper OEM software, but this seems to be only supplied on disc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davefaz, Feb 14, 2018.

1. davefaz Win User

Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?

I was looking around and it seems very confused. Because it's a new PC it needs the cheaper OEM software, but this seems to be only supplied on disc. Rather odd considering many builds don't even have a disc player now. I see I can just download the source to create an install USB, so is it better to do that while purchasing an install disc and just throwing the disc in the bin and using the key off the back of the envelope?

:)

davefaz, Feb 14, 2018

2. What's the best way to Clean Install Windows 10 on my ACER All in One desktop Aspire ZC-102?

Hi Jeff,

As I understand you successfully upgraded and activated Windows 10 but you are facing issues regarding performance etc. due to which you wish to repair or reinstall Windows 10. By repair installation I understand you mean in-place upgrade or custom installation
    of Windows 10 meaning you wish to do a refresh on your system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Before providing any steps I would recommend you to keep a back up of all the important files and documents.

If you are able to successfully login to Windows 10, then you can try a refresh which would be a fresh installation of your OS.

Refresh is part of reset in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/refresh-is-part-of-reset-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 14, 2018
  3. What's the best way to Clean Install Windows 10 on my ACER All in One desktop Aspire ZC-102?

This might be a silly question but does that site also have a link to help a user do a Repair of Windows or does that process need to be done using a bootable media since maybe that can't be done when Windows is already running?

Jeff A. Davis, Feb 14, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

My reply may not be satisfactory or even acceptable to you. I just want to share this with you.............

An external CD/DVD player is dirt cheap.
    I have 2 tablets. When I bought the first tablet, I used my external DVD player/burner to install Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 which I bought from Walmart.

My external DVD player is Asus External Slim Optical Drive. I don't remember how much but I live on limited income. So it must be cheap.

Of course, burning an iso file to an USB flash drive is perfectly good way to do what you want.

davidhk, Feb 14, 2018
  5. davefaz Win User
    Well it would be handy to have an external player albeit rather silly to have to buy one just to install something that should be on a usb stick anyway! But you could be right here. I might just buy one and be done with it.

davefaz, Feb 14, 2018
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is this new PC one that you are going to keep for yourself, or sell to someone else? If it is a PC that you are going to keep for yourself, it violates the OEM Windows 10 EULA to use it for yourself. To comply with the EULA, you need to purchase a full retail version of Windows 10, which comes on USB flash drive in the retail package.

NavyLCDR, Feb 15, 2018
  7. AddRAM Win User
    What do you mean by "needs cheaper oem software" there is no difference between W10 OEM software and W10 Retail software. And no PC "needs" to have one or the other.

The only difference is the key, the OEM key stays with 1 motherboard, (and that is what Navy means by the EULA) the Retail key can be used on any motherboard, as long as it`s only used on 1 PC at any given time.

The W10 version that is on a disc is most likely an older version, so it`s better to download the latest version, W10 Fall Creators Update etc, if that is what you want to install.

Download Windows 10

And I would never throw away the Disc. You may need it someday *Smile

But yes, a USB stick is the way to go, as eventually you will be formatting it anyway. Get a 8GB stick.

AddRAM, Feb 16, 2018
  8. Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?

Hi,
    If this machine came with win-10 all you'd have to do is reinstall 10 and it would reactivate without having to enter a key.
    All you'd need to know is which version it came with 10 Home or Pro and install it.
    No dvd drive well buy a flash drive then *Smile

ThrashZone, Feb 16, 2018
  9. AddRAM Win User
    Ya you really don`t need a dvd drive anymore, any software you need can be downloaded and run from a usb stick.

I didn`t put one in my new build *Smile

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC? - Similar Threads - Whats best install

2. What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10: I'm confused. How do I actually install drivers in Windows 10? Does windows install them automatically for me? Or should I go to my manufacturer website and download drivers from them and disable device installation service?...
  3. What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10: I'm confused. How do I actually install drivers in Windows 10? Does windows install them automatically for me? Or should I go to my manufacturer website and download drivers from them and disable device installation service?...
  4. What is the best way of installing drivers for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD: I have installed a new SSD in my desktop PC and don't want to mess up making the new SSD my boot up drive by doing the wrong thing, so what is the best way to install Win 10 onto my SSD so that it will work as my boot drive.I have installed Macrium Reflect free version. Do I...
  6. Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD: I have installed a new SSD in my desktop PC and don't want to mess up making the new SSD my boot up drive by doing the wrong thing, so what is the best way to install Win 10 onto my SSD so that it will work as my boot drive.I have installed Macrium Reflect free version. Do I...
  7. Best Way To Install WIN 10 On New SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?: I just got a NVMe drive and reinstalled Windows 10. I want to copy all my settings from my old drive which I was only using for a few months. Can I copy my entire user profile or something? Thanks for any ideas! submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  9. what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10?: Hi, what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10? I have a pretty large amount of photos and music and files. Plus outlook. Not sure how to migrate any settings if possible. Thanks. Also, should I wait to start up outlook on my new PC for...
  10. What is best way to install new Graphics card (driver and card)?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is best way to install new Graphics card (driver and card)?: I'm replacing my NVidia GTX750Ti card (it has a problem) with an NVidia GTX1050Ti. This is a Win10 x64 system. I downloaded the latest drivers for the card. It used to be said that one should uninstall the old driver first then install card, boot up, and install new drivers....