Windows 10: Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner?

Discus and support Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How safe is Wise Disk Cleaner to use since there is no option to move the surplus files into temporary storage in case there are problems? I use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yahanna, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner?

I use it about once a week, I have used it on multiple PCs over the years and I have never had any problems.

TairikuOkami, Jan 28, 2017
  2. prikker Win User
    prikker, Jan 28, 2017
  3. swarfega Win User
    There are various types of cleaning app. There are those that purport to fix "broken" issues and improve performance which you should stay away from. Then there are those that are safe and just remove junk files. ccleaner and Wise Disk Cleaner are two of the latter.

swarfega, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner?

OK - I've added Wise Disk Cleaner to my repertoire of trusted utilities.

Steve C, Jan 28, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
    I have not used CCleaner or any other optimizer / cleaner / tweaker since XP about 12 - 13 years ago. There's absolutely no need for this kind of applications, Windows is totally capable to take care of itself.

It's funny how users every now and then tell how "I have never had any issues with it", forgetting to mention that they also have had no benefits in using applications like that. There's no speed gain, however often you use those tweakers and cleaners. A forgotten registry key does in no way make PC unusable, removing it does not speed up a PC or make PC more reliable.

I always smirk a bit when someone tells how much space on HD a tweaker or cleaner released. I mean, cleaning let's say 50 MB of unused registry keys, that's like gaining less than one promille, a tenth of a percent of a typical 512 GB HDD.

I get better results deleting unnecessary documents and pics.

Snake oil.

6. Edwin New Member
    A clean install, or better yet, a clean image.

Edwin, Jan 28, 2017
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Lots of people buy into it and it's sort of a shame when they purchase tools like that one. I just use disk cleaner that comes with Windows one time a week, Sunday, and it does what I want it to do. Cleaning the registry is just a waste of time and it's not going to improve the performance one bit.

But heck.. if someone wants to do all of that and spend money..
    More power to them.

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2017
  8. pparks1 Win User

This past week I noticed my wifes laptop was down to 10gb free on her 128gb SSD. I ran treesizefree to see where the space was. Windows directory was about 70GB. I ran patchcleaner which finds orphaned files in the windows\installer directory. It identified 40GB worth of orphaned files that could go.

That got me back to 50gb free.

Of course, I ran 1 tool one time to get back my space. Its not something I run hourly to optimize my PC.

pparks1, Jan 28, 2017
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Sounds like a decent tool to use. I never would use a registry cleaner option of any tool.

BunnyJ, Jan 28, 2017
  10. Doc943 Win User
    Rightly or wrongly, there is a perception that bundled Microsoft tools are less efficient than 3rd party commercial cleaners, who's marketeers are happy to exploit the perception.

Doc943, Jan 28, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Not totally, have you ever been in the situation where, to fix a problem, you needed to delete cookies for one or more sites, but it was essential to keep the ones for important sites like TenForums or your banking sites? How did you do it in Edge or IE?

CCleaner can list all the sites you hold cookies for across all your browsers and lets you whitelist the ones you need to keep.

Plus, Windows cannot clear the temporary internet files for any third-party browser, Disk Clean-up only clears Edge/IE. For the others you have to individually open each browser in order to clear its cache. CCleaner cleans them all in one go.

12. BunnyJ New Member
    It's really not that time consuming to clean up after each third party browser. Here are the steps to clean up after Chrome:

Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner? [​IMG]

And I bet most users only make use of a few browsers at best so the procedure can be done in a few minutes. CCLeaner just does a programmatic method of doing that process but it can be done manually in a very short period of time.

BunnyJ, Jan 29, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

I'm not 'most users' *Smile I do some website development on the side. In addition to using IE and Edge, I have five different Firefox profiles, each one for a specific purpose - and each one has its own independent cache and cookies. To clear all those I have to open Firefox five times using the profile manager to open in a different profile each time, clear the cache/cookies and close it again. CCleaner saves a lot of time.

14. galaxys Win User
    Using CCleaner for year's and very happy with its results!

galaxys, Jan 29, 2017
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    And that might be fine for you but you don't represent most users that have one or two browsers at most and cleaning them out individually would be no big deal. Using CCleaner is not the issue. It's when someone uses it for a registry cleaner. That's were the issue is.. it's of no use to improve performance.

BunnyJ, Jan 29, 2017
Thema:

1. Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner? - Similar Threads - Whats Best Cleaner

2. [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?: I need a fully free and best service against c cleaner software for windows 10. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/sfksuperman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlwhdx/ask_what_are_the_best_open_source_alternative_to/
  3. Best antimalware and cleaner applications?

Best antimalware and cleaner applications?: Hi all, I haven't used Windows for many years but I'm setting up a win10 PC for my daughter. Now back when i used Windows antimalwarebytes, ccleaner and superantispyware were the tools most people recommended and i always used. Are they still recommended, good tools?...
  4. What is a good cleaner app

What is a good cleaner app: I wanted to download ccleaner but people say it's not that safe submitted by /u/killer987xn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1suux/what_is_a_good_cleaner_app/
  5. whats the best cleaner out there?

whats the best cleaner out there?: submitted by /u/Fazlul101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frs1q1/whats_the_best_cleaner_out_there/
  6. Do i need a Registry cleaner and if i do what is the best one?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Do i need a Registry cleaner and if i do what is the best one?: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-registry-cleaner-and-if-i-do-what-is/c3c81849-8afa-4dcb-93e7-d0edba7a97bc
  7. the best cleaner software for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    the best cleaner software for windows 10?: I'm just wondering what is the best cleaner software for windows 10 in 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-best-cleaner-software-for-windows-10/48d67200-621b-40c8-89ca-56e9c1dab7cf
  8. Cleaners for windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cleaners for windows 10: Is it worth buying any type of reg cleaner for windows 10. It seems all the problems with other windows have been rectified with the new windows 10. I have used them in the past but am not sure whether they are worth it....
  9. Best and safest Cleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best and safest Cleaner: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  10. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using: Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of malware and false positive reviews because of affiliation. Is there something else great like CCleaner that has both disk cleaning...