Windows 10: Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner?

Discus and support Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It's not really there for improving performance but to remove outdated entries which it is safe to use. I've been using it on a weekly bases for years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yahanna, Jan 27, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner?

It's not really there for improving performance but to remove outdated entries which it is safe to use. I've been using it on a weekly bases for years without a single issue.

swarfega, Jan 29, 2017
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi Folks

CLEAN Restore from a backup -- for typical Windows should only take at most 15 - 30 mins - probably a lot less if using SSD's.
    Simply before installing Software / applying updates just BACKUP -- so much easier "recovering" a system than trying to cleanse it - and do you really want things messing around in the Windows Registry --what happens if some malware fiddles around with CCleaner --then you are probably TRIPLY Hosed up.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 29, 2017
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    The outdated entries will not harm a single thing. If they're not used they just take up space.. a very small amount of space.

BunnyJ, Jan 29, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks
    Have to agree with Kari -- SNAKEOIL !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 29, 2017
  5. Ccleaner. I also use Disk Cleanup. Once a month, I do a cleanup on all of my computers to keep them running efficiently and smoothly.

Jesse Williams, Jan 29, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    First off, CCleaner is available for free.

Second, I completely agree - there's no way cleaning the registry can significantly improve performance. The main benefit I find is in is with a 'light touch' - clearing out 'temporary junk' files that are a waste of disk space. I wouldn't dare 'clean' my registry.

However, a purchase of a used Win7 PC gave me a chance to test out what damage a clean up 'with maximum prejudice' may do (making a system image first, of course). *Smile

ADWCleaner, a Malwarebytes scan and CCleaner with all the stops pulled out, in that order. The result was a fully functional system that to all appearances had just been installed. Everything appeared to be working correctly and still registered/activated (including Office). But all apps, supplied with Windows or installed separately opened as if for the first time - IE to its 'welcome' page and Office asking for your name details, for example.

Eight months on it still seems in perfect working order - a pleasant surprise, I was expecting something to have been broken. Since the aggressive clean up it has been upgraded to Windows 10 and is used as my test/support machine - with multiple system images (for 7 & 10) that I can restore as required.

I still wouldn't recommend aggressively cleaning the registry though (or at all, really).

7. jerrypc1 Win User

CCleaner is what I have always used and have never had any problems . *Smile Jerry

jerrypc1, Jan 31, 2017
  8. Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner?

I agree completely. I have personally tested many registry cleaners. Most of the time, they will eventually corrupt the registry or remove entries that should not have been touched. Either way, it leads to having to do a complete re-install. My last test corrupted it so bad that I couldn't even reload the backed up user profile data. (thanks iobit)
    If you use them light enough that they aren't going to break your system, they aren't going to be doing enough to make any noticeable change.

SylenThunder, Feb 1, 2017
  9. Unfortunately there isn’t one size that fits all. I have a mindset similar to Kari’s comment in post #19 “Windows is totally capable to take care of itself”; unfortunately though the average computer user doesn’t know what that means. So I like to see how a person uses their computer and then what do they expect out of it.
    In your case I recommend you include your system specs (include the browser you use) and let us know what is it you’d like to “clean out” of your system for optimum performance. Once you are operating at optimum performance, the computer should run at its natural speed.

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 1, 2017
  10. McSweg Win User
    can you please tell me what do all of those commands do? i dotn wnana delete anything important if i use those commands

McSweg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Whats the Best Windows 10 Cleaner? - Similar Threads - Whats Best Cleaner

2. [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ASK] What are the best open source alternative to c cleaner software?: I need a fully free and best service against c cleaner software for windows 10. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/sfksuperman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlwhdx/ask_what_are_the_best_open_source_alternative_to/
  3. Best antimalware and cleaner applications?

Best antimalware and cleaner applications?: Hi all, I haven't used Windows for many years but I'm setting up a win10 PC for my daughter. Now back when i used Windows antimalwarebytes, ccleaner and superantispyware were the tools most people recommended and i always used. Are they still recommended, good tools?...
  4. What is a good cleaner app

What is a good cleaner app: I wanted to download ccleaner but people say it's not that safe submitted by /u/killer987xn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1suux/what_is_a_good_cleaner_app/
  5. whats the best cleaner out there?

whats the best cleaner out there?: submitted by /u/Fazlul101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frs1q1/whats_the_best_cleaner_out_there/
  6. Do i need a Registry cleaner and if i do what is the best one?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Do i need a Registry cleaner and if i do what is the best one?: The title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-registry-cleaner-and-if-i-do-what-is/c3c81849-8afa-4dcb-93e7-d0edba7a97bc
  7. the best cleaner software for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    the best cleaner software for windows 10?: I'm just wondering what is the best cleaner software for windows 10 in 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-best-cleaner-software-for-windows-10/48d67200-621b-40c8-89ca-56e9c1dab7cf
  8. Cleaners for windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cleaners for windows 10: Is it worth buying any type of reg cleaner for windows 10. It seems all the problems with other windows have been rectified with the new windows 10. I have used them in the past but am not sure whether they are worth it....
  9. Best and safest Cleaner

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best and safest Cleaner: I have a lot of old and unwanted files on my comp and would be grateful if anyone could advise me which is the safest and best cleaner for a novice (Me) to use. 114229
  10. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using: Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of malware and false positive reviews because of affiliation. Is there something else great like CCleaner that has both disk cleaning...