Windows 10: What's the catch with GameGain ?

Discus and support What's the catch with GameGain ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I was about to donate an ancient laptop I had to my 4 year old nephew who showed interest in laptops but rather for playing videos and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 28, 2017.

1. What's the catch with GameGain ?

Recently I was about to donate an ancient laptop I had to my 4 year old nephew who showed interest in laptops but rather for playing videos and browsing youtube , so I managed to upgrade it to windows 10 which went up fine despite not even being supported but i did notice it to be quite iffy performance wise . So out of blunt trials before I rest the case I tried an app called GameGain .

I was thinking it would probably end up another fake ware or pc clean up tool or would design a mode that would shut down everything running and dedicate everything to the specific app i choose , to my surprise it did nothing of that it just did some gizmos based on cpu selection and next thing the laptop can do X 2 fps of what it used to do and running smooth as is without even producing any extra heat ...

Now I googled for catches behind this or for what exactly are they applying , I mean if hardware can deliver X 2 performance with only few registry tweaks then why arent manufacturers doing it on their own , however I found little awareness of its existence .

The reason why I opened this thread is that I am highly considering installing this on my other valued laptops but i am wondering if there is a catch really with this thing . I mean i dont wanna lose my work or gaming laptops , so any thoughts ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 - What is the Catch?

Of course there's a catch. It's bait for Microsoft making profits down the road. If you as me, $119 for a copy of an OS is not that bad a deal; even if it costs $200, I'd rather not get into something with someone who isn't telling me the whole story.
    I'll just wait...heck, I'd still have XP if it weren't for it having security holes all through it.

talonthorn, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Kevin'Guy Win User
    Windows 10 - What is the Catch?

Ive tried to ask this question several times ... Like will I be asked to pay for continuing use of Windows10 after one year. Each time I post my question my browser crashes

Kevin'Guy, Nov 28, 2017
  4. What's the catch with GameGain ?

TairikuOkami, Nov 28, 2017
Thema:

What's the catch with GameGain ?

1. What's the catch with GameGain ? - Similar Threads - What's catch GameGain

2. What is winreset.bat & what is it used for?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is winreset.bat & what is it used for?: winreset.bat, has appeared on my desktop, what is it & what is it used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-winresetbat-what-is-it-used-for/fbfc83f3-4aa3-40f2-b0dd-fec6934612bb
  3. 1903 May Update Catch 22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 May Update Catch 22: Greetings - I'm in a seemingly Catch 22 of updates to Windows 10 - 1903. The system is an MSI desktop with an I7-9700 processor. I am stuck on Windows Preview Build 18362.30 There is no addon graphic card. My systems relies on the Intel 630 video. I have updated to...
  4. Mouse randomly catching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse randomly catching: I have been having issues for a bit now regarding my cursor. I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop and Windows 10 came installed on it. I have verified that it is not the mouse, both by purchasing a new mouse and by using the touchpad. When moving the cursor, it seems to catch...
  5. Windows 10 USB stolen - how to track and catch the thief?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 USB stolen - how to track and catch the thief?: Got a new Windows 10 in the summer and had to reinstall many times during that month; then, to really get me, someone came in to my home and stole the Windows 10 USB instead of the whole computer: then he left me, strangely with his old Windows 10 Pro which I had no way...
  6. what is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what is: What is HUP ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is/eec77593-c06f-4cd2-8086-925e34465d6a
  7. USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse and keyboard pausing, then "Catching up" randomly: I have a user experiencing issues with her USB mouse /Keyboard paired set. bot resond to one USB dongle, inserted into the docking station. Randomly, when the user is typing, the Keyboard will stop typing, and mouse stops moving or cursor disappears. I have moved the...
  8. Brand New Computer & Win10 Install didn't catch the error decimal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Computer & Win10 Install didn't catch the error decimal.: There are two files these BoD happened back to back within 10 minutes of each other i was in the middle of World of Warcraft. Now like I said this is a brand new computer I just build it yesterday. Installed windows with a valid flash drive bought from Microsoft. Updated Both...
  9. WHAT is this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHAT is this ?: This showed up in a program scanner ,..I use to keep my programs all updated. ( << Secunia PSI - program mention ) I had updates waiting on me last night for my Windows 8.1 , so I downloaded and installed ,this showed up after I ran a scan using Secunia PSI , as not...
  10. Catch action with NCAA March Madness Live app on Windows PC or phone

in Windows 10 News
    Catch action with NCAA March Madness Live app on Windows PC or phone: College basketball fans, are you ready for the 2015 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship? We’re thrilled to share that you will be able to watch every game live with NCAA March Madness Live app that is available to download for free from the Windows and Windows Phone...