Windows 10: What's the catch with GameGain ?

Discus and support What's the catch with GameGain ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently I was about to donate an ancient laptop I had to my 4 year old nephew who showed interest in laptops but rather for playing videos and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 28, 2017.

1. What's the catch with GameGain ?

Recently I was about to donate an ancient laptop I had to my 4 year old nephew who showed interest in laptops but rather for playing videos and browsing youtube , so I managed to upgrade it to windows 10 which went up fine despite not even being supported but i did notice it to be quite iffy performance wise . So out of blunt trials before I rest the case I tried an app called GameGain .

I was thinking it would probably end up another fake ware or pc clean up tool or would design a mode that would shut down everything running and dedicate everything to the specific app i choose , to my surprise it did nothing of that it just did some gizmos based on cpu selection and next thing the laptop can do X 2 fps of what it used to do and running smooth as is without even producing any extra heat ...

Now I googled for catches behind this or for what exactly are they applying , I mean if hardware can deliver X 2 performance with only few registry tweaks then why arent manufacturers doing it on their own , however I found little awareness of its existence .

The reason why I opened this thread is that I am highly considering installing this on my other valued laptops but i am wondering if there is a catch really with this thing . I mean i dont wanna lose my work or gaming laptops , so any thoughts ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 - What is the Catch?

Of course there's a catch. It's bait for Microsoft making profits down the road. If you as me, $119 for a copy of an OS is not that bad a deal; even if it costs $200, I'd rather not get into something with someone who isn't telling me the whole story.
    I'll just wait...heck, I'd still have XP if it weren't for it having security holes all through it.

talonthorn, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Kevin'Guy Win User
    Windows 10 - What is the Catch?

Ive tried to ask this question several times ... Like will I be asked to pay for continuing use of Windows10 after one year. Each time I post my question my browser crashes

Kevin'Guy, Nov 28, 2017
  4. What's the catch with GameGain ?

TairikuOkami, Nov 28, 2017
Thema:

What's the catch with GameGain ?

1. What's the catch with GameGain ? - Similar Threads - What's catch GameGain

2. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CATCH - 22: Hello, Hoping someone in the Community can advise. I seem to be in a Catch-22 situation. I need to use the Restore files facility on Onedrive as deleted files without knowing that Onedrive then deletes them frm storage. But hve no storage space on my main pc to reload. These...
  3. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CATCH - 22: Hello, Hoping someone in the Community can advise. I seem to be in a Catch-22 situation. I need to use the Restore files facility on Onedrive as deleted files without knowing that Onedrive then deletes them frm storage. But hve no storage space on my main pc to reload. These...
  4. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Catch 22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Catch 22: This is a warning to those trying to download Windows 10. Microsoft has built an interesting Catch 22 into Windows 10. Get this: if your computer does not already have Windows 10, you cannot download Windows 10 to your computer. So, if you decide to listen to all those...
  6. What are these files? Did I catch a virus or is this just nothing serious?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these files? Did I catch a virus or is this just nothing serious?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/No_Lifeguard_7628 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhpnlw/what_are_these_files_did_i_catch_a_virus_or_is/
  7. Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch?: Okay, I decided to remove Windows from both of my Pcs and replace it with Ubuntu Linux. I've installed Virtualbox and decided to Run Windows 10 as a gues OS on my machines. Here's why I've chosen to run Windows as a guest OS: I prefer to run Windows 10 in a virtual machine...
  8. McAffee vs Windows Defender. Will it catch what Windows defender missed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAffee vs Windows Defender. Will it catch what Windows defender missed?: Windows defender is a huge resource hog. I believe McAffee is bigger. Is McAffee that much better. Is it worth the price in resources. I find the offers to upgrade harassing. They are not my favorite company. Some of you guys are big fans. Im curious. My opinion isnt set in...
  9. EFI in a catch 22

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EFI in a catch 22: So I dual-booted Windows 10 and a Linux Ubuntu distro Pop!_OS and everything was fine. I then installed a boot manager that deleted my boot.efi in Windows. (rEFInd) However, I can't run any bootrec commands because "access is denied" and I cannot figure out why as there is...
  10. Mouse randomly catching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse randomly catching: I have been having issues for a bit now regarding my cursor. I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop and Windows 10 came installed on it. I have verified that it is not the mouse, both by purchasing a new mouse and by using the touchpad. When moving the cursor, it seems to catch...