Windows 10: Whats the Cheapest Way to Get Win 10?

Discus and support Whats the Cheapest Way to Get Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to know the cheapest way to get win 10. I read that you can buy a windows 7 key, install win 7 then upgrade to win 10. I also read you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruzzi, May 4, 2016.

1. ruzzi Win User

Whats the Cheapest Way to Get Win 10?

I want to know the cheapest way to get win 10. I read that you can buy a windows 7 key, install win 7 then upgrade to win 10.

I also read you can buy a win 10 OEM license for $20 and you get all the updates. But if something stops working you can't get support from microsoft.

Let me know what's the cheapest way to get win 10.

:)

ruzzi, May 4, 2016

2. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my laptop that came with Windows 10 to another custom built PC?

Ok then,

What is the cheapest possible way to get Windows 10? Apart from student discount?

Thanks again!

KingSardine, May 4, 2016
  3. whats the best way to get dvd onto 5800

If its possible there should be some walkthrough's on google.

LMGTFY

conversemj, May 4, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

If your present computer is running Win 7 SP1 or Win 8.1, then you are entitled to have a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 through Windows Update.
    You can also download Windows 10 iso file and do an In-place Upgrade Install. That is also free.
    Those are your cheapest way.

So, the question is : with the computer you are planning to upgrade, what operating system it is now running ?

davidhk, May 4, 2016
  5. ruzzi Win User
    I'm not running any operating system cuz I'm in the process of building my desktop this week or the next. So I don't have any o/s at the moment. That's why I ask since I'm on a budget.

ruzzi, May 4, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Thank you for the clarification.

I am not familiar with the purchase of an OEM license. Theoretically that is, shall we say, not exactly legal.
    But I also am aware that many people did exactly that way.

I prefer not to go further with this topic, as I am old-fashioned and I prefer to, shall I say, go by the book.

I am sure someone else will come along quickly and lead you to promised land.
    Good luck.

davidhk, May 4, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    No idea where you live, but you can buy a legal copy of Windows 7 on Amazon for about 40 dollars. Never seen Windows 10 going for 20 bucks ....that's sounds fishy to me.

OldMike65, May 4, 2016
  8. ruzzi Win User

How is that not legal? That makes no sense.
    I'm in usa. Or maybe they sell a win 7 product key for cheaper on eBay.

If I buy a key, do I just then download a win 7 trial then enter the key and it'll be registered?

ruzzi, May 4, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    You got to be careful buying a key on Ebay ....some are not legal valid keys, even if they say that they are!!!

OldMike65, May 4, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    You can buy Windows 10 OEM legally. It's sold for system builders and only good for the device it was originally installed on.

Winuser, May 4, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Source
    Many readers tell me they bought that software and installed it on their own new (or old) PC, happily saving a significant chunk of change in the process. According to Microsoft, they are violating the terms of the OEM System Builder license agreement, which says, in convoluted language, that you must install the software using the OEM Preinstallation Kit and then resell the PC to a third party. If you install that software on your own PC, you don't have a "genuine" copy of Windows.

davidhk, May 4, 2016
  12. Winuser Win User
    If you find someone selling Windows 10 OEM for $20.00 it a scam or illegal copy.

Winuser, May 4, 2016
  13. groze Win User

Just sell the system to yourself for $1.00 problem solved no 2nd or 3rd party needed.

groze, May 4, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    You can do anyway you want.
    Not my problem.

davidhk, May 4, 2016
  15. groze Win User
    If you make or build your own computers, you should be able to install a system build disk and be able to sell the system to yourself. You can buy your own product(S). What manufacture would build something they couldn't use themselves?

groze, May 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Whats the Cheapest Way to Get Win 10? - Similar Threads - Whats Cheapest

2. What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?: I have a monitor capable of displaying it already but I don't know which of the myriad of cards to choose from (they will all be better than the GeForce GTX 780 that I picked up ages ago...
  3. What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?: I have a monitor capable of displaying it already but I don't know which of the myriad of cards to choose from (they will all be better than the GeForce GTX 780 that I picked up ages ago...
  4. Hi wonder whats the cheapest way of getting windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi wonder whats the cheapest way of getting windows 10 home?: I’m building a new pc atm submitted by /u/Automatic_Syrup4012 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1780r/hi_wonder_whats_the_cheapest_way_of_getting/
  5. What is the cheapest laptop I coul buy?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is the cheapest laptop I coul buy?: I'm looking for a cheap laptop that is under $200 usd. It needs to be able to game real good, and have at least a fast ssd with 200gb spqce and 4gb upgradable ram and hard drive. But it needs to be able to play minecraft on high settings without lag, or little lag. And it...
  6. What is the cheapest way to upgrade Win10 Home to Pro?

What is the cheapest way to upgrade Win10 Home to Pro?: Pretty much as the title says. I've read that people have purchased Win 7 Pro and used that to upgrade Win 10 Home > Pro. Does anyone know if this still works or is there any alternatives? Edit: I'm running a custom build machine if that is relevant. submitted by...
  7. What is the cheapest way to buy Windows 10?

What is the cheapest way to buy Windows 10?: I'm currently building a new PC and was wondering if there was any better prices than on Microsoft itself for Windows 10 Home, or Pro that I could potentially buy. submitted by /u/ignVituline [link] [comments]...
  8. What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the best, safest, cheapest ways to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro?: I want to upgrade to windows10 pro. what are my best safest cheapest options dont want to loose anything I have. * Moved from Bing * Original title: i have a hp desktop windows 7...
  9. RE: what is the cheapest way to purchase w10 home & w10 pro licenses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RE: what is the cheapest way to purchase w10 home & w10 pro licenses: hi, i am in the process of starting a small business, "my first." One of the services i will provide is 24/7 technical support, australia wide for all windows based pc's. I will provide over the phone & visit you options for all my potential clients.' "I am really surprised...
  10. Whats the Cheapest, Legit Product Key I Can Get?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whats the Cheapest, Legit Product Key I Can Get?: I plan to install either win 7, or 8 or 10 on a new PC I built. I was told I can download either of these o/s's from a digital river mirror (link below) and then buy a product key. Then I plan to upgrade to 10. What's the cheapest but legitamite key that I can buy for retail...