Windows 10: What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt?

Discus and support What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does the HELP, /?, /help or ? work in the CMD Prompt of Drive X:\ (Windows Recovery Environment on Windows 10)? It doesn't on my computer, concerned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thelps, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Thelps Win User

What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt?

Does the HELP, /?, /help or ? work in the CMD Prompt of Drive X:\ (Windows Recovery Environment on Windows 10)?

It doesn't on my computer, concerned it might be tampering if not simply a quirk of Windows RE.

:)

Thelps, Dec 9, 2017
  2. AnilSood Win User

Recovery drive creation failure.

Dear Mr Jabar

As described in your post of 08 Oct, I tried to recreate system recovery drive with CMD(Admin). After running the last command I received back the following msg and failed to create sys recovery drive (partition 3 with 600 MB space). please help or clarify
    what went wrong when executing the command.

What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt? [​IMG]

AnilSood, Dec 9, 2017
  3. march update caused messaging bugs

I just updated my LG Quantum with the march update and now every time someone sends me a text, or I try to send a new text to a person I already have a conversation with, it will open a new tab with their name creating multiple conversations in the messaging
    tab with the same person. This seems to happen when its been a few hours or a day since I've messaged this person.

Does anyone else seem to be experiencing this problem? It is incredibly annoying and I hope I don't have to wait for the "fall" update for this to stop.

drive in, drive out, Dec 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

No, it doesn't work for me either. The recovery environment only seems to contain a sub-set of commands, those that would be of most use in a recovery situation, help.exe is not included though. Those commands that are included do come with their own help, try Xcopy /? for example.

Edit: In fact, it is possible to copy help.exe and its associated help.exe.mui file to a USB and run it from the recovery environment command prompt. It's not worth doing though, as all help does when you type something like 'help xcopy' is run the command itself and tell it to display its own help.

Bree, Dec 9, 2017
  5. Thelps Win User
    Thanks for the answer.

Very helpful. *Smile

Thelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What's the help command in drive X:\ (Recovery Drive) CMD Prompt? - Similar Threads - What's help command

2. Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt: 1. Unlock drive in cmd with help of recovery keyif password not working 2. If E drive was encriptedCopy E drive into other drive suppose D with this command in cmdxcopy /h /i /c /k /e /r /y E: D:When copy completed Use this commandmanage-bde -off E:After some time you can...
  3. Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open encrypted drive without bitlocker with help of command prompt: 1. Unlock drive in cmd with help of recovery keyif password not working 2. If E drive was encriptedCopy E drive into other drive suppose D with this command in cmdxcopy /h /i /c /k /e /r /y E: D:When copy completed Use this commandmanage-bde -off E:After some time you can...
  4. In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the command prompt my C: drive was changed to an X: drive and computer is unable to boot...: After a Windows 10 update my Dell X8900 desktop would not boot up. I got the error message no OS available. I went to the command prompt and it looks like my C: was changed to an X: drive and it has all my files but is not bootable. if I can get my Windows 10 divd to...
  5. X command prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X command prompt?: Hi all ive been having issues with a laptop- have had help before but I still not booting up. It reads the windows 10 media but gets to 50% then says error. So so I downloaded recovery media and that usb not even being recognised in boot set up. So so I went...
  6. Run CMD commands on different drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Run CMD commands on different drives: Hi all, I launch cmd on Windows 10 (drive C:) and want to run the command attrib -s -h *.* /s /d from there on the drive E. How to accomplish this, please? 135743
  7. command on drive x

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command on drive x: Can I use cmd prompt on windows drive x for changing the amount of time I can work before the system reboots? I am working on saving files before I use a usb device to install windows 10, in which case I lose all my files and applications. I make incremental copies of my most...
  8. Command Prompt is missing from the drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command Prompt is missing from the drive.: Trying to get past the BitLocker on my Granddaughters Ideapad 100s 11IBY. Having tried several avenues to recover from the Locker, it was decided to start fresh with a re-install of Windows 10. As many of the functions were limited due to the lack of access because of the...
  9. Command Prompt is missing from the drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt is missing from the drive.: Trying to get past the BitLocker on my Granddaughters Ideapad 100s 11IBY. Having tried several avenues to recover from the Locker, it was decided to start fresh with a re-install of Windows 10. As many of the functions were limited due to the lack of access because of the...
  10. CMD prompt opens to X:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD prompt opens to X:: Hi all. Just upgraded to Windows 10 and for some reason, my cmd prompt opens to X:. I'm not sure why it does that, but if I launch in Admin mode, it usually opens to C:[yada yada]. I'm not sure if this is the cause of many problems I am having with Python, pip, etc all...