Windows 10: what's the latest with ADS on windows 10

Discus and support what's the latest with ADS on windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello, thinking about the upgrade from 7 and get lots of conflicting opinions out there in browser land what about ads on win 10? I have all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by msongs, Jun 12, 2016.

1. msongs Win User

what's the latest with ADS on windows 10

hello, thinking about the upgrade from 7 and get lots of conflicting opinions out there in browser land

what about ads on win 10? I have all the usual ad block stuff for browsers. My concern is ads showing up on my desktop. Dont really use many app/feeds for games news etc that would be on the desktop AND I plan to delete uninstall just about all of those tile thingies. just want programs I install.

So do all these freebie apps have ads too? If getting ads on desktop and apps how to block them? Maybe its not really a problem, I dont know.

i get the program is "free" so maybe as time goes on the barrage of ads from windows is going to grow. Can always go back to 7 as I have a stand alone install disk not an upgrade kind.

thanks!

:)

msongs, Jun 12, 2016

2. My Windows 10 is slow, is it the ads. Stop the ads, they are driving me crazy. I use Microsoft Edge with the windows 10. Thank you.

Stop the ads, they are driving me crazy. I use Microsoft Edge with the windows 10 on Asus laptop. Thank you. Windows 8 was a much faster product and by comparison v 10 is very sad. I suppose that it is the advertising that slows down my computer.

ChrisHasNeeds, Jun 12, 2016
  3. My Windows 10 is slow, is it the ads. Stop the ads, they are driving me crazy. I use Microsoft Edge with the windows 10. Thank you.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the issue are you facing the issue only while using Microsoft Edge or while any applications or programs also?

Meanwhile I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge browser window.
    • On the top-right corner of the window, click the More action (...) to open the
      menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under Advanced settings select View
      advanced Settings.
    • Then under Privacy and services, turn the Help protect me from malicious sites and downloads with Smart Screen Filter setting Off.
    Also refer to the link below for more information:

Microsoft Edge, Browserdaten und Datenschutz – Microsoft Datenschutz

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 12, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

I haven't seen any adds on the desktop yet. None in the Start menu either. Are you talking about adds in Edge ?

CountMike, Jun 12, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I think the OP might mean the "App Store Suggestions" on the Store's live tile.
    Just turn the tile off*Smile

what's the latest with ADS on windows 10 [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jun 12, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Also this ?

CountMike, Jun 12, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs
    Yep, those damned Click-Bait bloggers call them adds, but they're just app recommendations, based on why type of apps you search for in the Store, and have installed already from there.

For the OP, the Store keeps a record of what you installed should you ever want to, or need to reinstall of install the same on another device:

Cliff S, Jun 12, 2016
  8. unifex Win User

I don't see a difference between "app recommendations" and ads. Fortunately, one can turn off all of those. Just go through every page in the Settings app and turn off everything that you don't need. In my case, that's about 99% of all the settings there *Wink

unifex, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. what's the latest with ADS on windows 10 - Similar Threads - what's latest ADS

2. What's with all the ads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's with all the ads?: To play the solitaire games, you used to have to watch a 30-second ad of some sort. Now it seems the ads are endless. Sometimes I watch five minutes of ads before giving up. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to put me off the games completely. I tried the reset...
  3. What's with all the ads?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's with all the ads?: To play the solitaire games, you used to have to watch a 30-second ad of some sort. Now it seems the ads are endless. Sometimes I watch five minutes of ads before giving up. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to put me off the games completely. I tried the reset...
  4. whats the latest build of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats the latest build of windows 11?: is it Version 21H2 build 22000.194 or am i needing an update? i'm currently on windows 11 typing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-latest-build-of-windows-11/804bc7d4-3d6c-4ec8-b9ae-eb925f7bfbbc
  5. whats the latest build of windows 11?

whats the latest build of windows 11?: is it Version 21H2 build 22000.194 or am i needing an update? i'm currently on windows 11 typing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-latest-build-of-windows-11/804bc7d4-3d6c-4ec8-b9ae-eb925f7bfbbc
  6. What is the latest version of Windows 10 in September 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the latest version of Windows 10 in September 2020: Hello everyone, I am confused about the windows 10 version. I download windows 10 iso from the Microsoft website and update it from settings > update. Now windows show "there is no update available" but when I check "WINVER" it's show Version 2004 OS Build 19041.450 I...
  7. what is wrong with windows 10 1909 latest update?

in Windows 10 Support
    what is wrong with windows 10 1909 latest update?: I've had some glitches with windows the last couple of weeks. Usually a reboot would fix the problem. Today I had problems with Hyper-v manager.opened the its window. Then it took several minutes before it would display the possible virtual machines. Click on one of them and...
  8. What is the cost of Ad Remover?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the cost of Ad Remover?: I downloaded it, and it has stopped many ads which makes using the computer faster, but I need to know how much it is going to cost before I either stop using it or continue...
  9. What is the latest Windows 10 version that is available for download

in Windows 10 News
    What is the latest Windows 10 version that is available for download: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It is well known that since the release of Windows 10 Microsoft releases new major updates every six months. In case you are not sure what is the latest Windows 10 latest version available or the version that is installed [...] This post What is the latest...
  10. What's the latest way to stop Windows 10 app resets?

What's the latest way to stop Windows 10 app resets?: I'm on Win 10 1709, Build 16299. Is there anything new that I can try to stop Windows from resetting my chosen, default apps to the typical MS apps? It seems that every fix I've tried fails. Thanks. 100978