Windows 10: What's the Windows 10 default for "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode="

Discus and support What's the Windows 10 default for "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was wondering what is the Windows 10 default setting for this one, is it actually allow or disallow? Code: netsh wlan set hostednetwork... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Almighty1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

What's the Windows 10 default for "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode="

I was wondering what is the Windows 10 default setting for this one, is it actually allow or disallow?

Code: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=[/quote]

:)

Almighty1, Nov 10, 2015

2. Hostednetwork: can connect to it but can't use internet

As the title describes i use cmd admin command:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Test key=Test1 keyUsage=persistent

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

I connect to Hosted network with my Lumia 930...but there is no internet traffic

VukGligorijevic, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Elenarie Win User
    Unable to connect to windows 10 wifi hotspot

First of all, Microsoft Support Engineers, please stop offending the intelligence of your users by posting completely unrelated ****. This has gone long enough on the Answers website, either you post something will help the users, or don't post junk at all.

Now about the issue, the capabilities are still there in the OS, the only thing that was removed was the GUI for it, because of "logic". Here is a complete set of commands that you guys can use to play around with the HostedNetwork capability of Windows.
    They should be self-explanatory.

Use PowerShell with admin rights to do this.

# Enable the hosted network.

# Disable the hosted network.

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

# Configure the hosted network.

# The key can be persistent or temporary.

[string]$NetworkName = "NetworkName"

[string]$NetworkPassword = "NetworkPassword"

netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=$NetworkName key=$NetworkPassword keyUsage=persistent

netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=$NetworkName key=$NetworkPassword keyUsage=temporary

# Start the hosted network.

# Stop the hosted network.

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

# Refresh the hosted network's security key.

netsh wlan refresh hostednetwork data=key

# Show the settings and the status of the hosted network.

# Show the security settings of the hosted network.

netsh wlan show hostednetwork

netsh wlan show hostednetwork setting=security

Here is an example of how to use this. Open PowerShell and execute line by line like this:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

[string]$NetworkName = "TheNameOfMyNetwork"

[string]$NetworkPassword = "ThePasswordThatMyNetworkIsGoingToUse"

netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=$NetworkName key=$NetworkPassword keyUsage=persistent

If all goes well, you should see the network running by using this line:

netsh wlan show hostednetwork

The above should create the network properly. If you want the network to also have connection to the Internet, go to Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center, then Change Adapter Settings, find your current Internet capable network, right click on
    it, go to Properties, then the Sharing tab on the top, check "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection", and from the list there select the newly "TheNameOfMyNetwork" that you created with the PowerShell code.

Hope this helps.

Elenarie, Nov 10, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

I've never changed anything on mine and it is allowed. Code: PS C:\Windows\system32> netsh wlan show settings Wireless LAN settings --------------------- Show blocked networks in visible network list: No Only use GP profiles on GP-configured networks: No Hosted network mode allowed in WLAN service: Yes Allow shared user credentials for network authentication: Yes Block period: Not Configured. Auto configuration logic is enabled on interface "Wi-Fi" MAC randomization not available on interface Wi-Fi PS C:\Windows\system32>[/quote]

5. Almighty1 Win User
    Thanks halasz like usual!

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What's the Windows 10 default for "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=" - Similar Threads - What's default netsh

2. I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......: when I run command it gives error -->> [The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.]But it can be enabled from setting:My problem is that , mobile hotspot can only be ON if the system is...
  3. I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......: when I run command it gives error -->> [The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.]But it can be enabled from setting:My problem is that , mobile hotspot can only be ON if the system is...
  4. I am getting error in running command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" ......

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38": I need some information regarding the specific WLAN router SSID: SAMRAKSHHow can get it using below commandnetsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38" logger="SAMRAKSH"...
  6. netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38": I need some information regarding the specific WLAN router SSID: SAMRAKSHHow can get it using below commandnetsh wlan show wlanreport duration="38" logger="SAMRAKSH"...
  7. Netsh WLAN command

Netsh WLAN command: I just discovered the NETSH utility. Ran netsh wlan show all on my new desktop PC to see which router wifi channels are being used by other visible networks in my neighborhood. To my astonishment it listed every wifi network profile at least 100, mostly hotels I have...
  8. Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork): Trying to share my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop's internet connection through the cmd via netsh wlan start hostednetwork. To enter set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="ssid" pass="pass," 运行命令: 'netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=ssidName key=your8characterPassword'...
  9. Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork)

Hotspot (netsh wlan start hostednetwork): I am trying to share my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop's internet connection through the cmd via netsh wlan start hostednetwork. I already know you first have to enter set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="ssid" pass="pass," but then when I enter netsh wlan start hostednetwork, I...
  10. Using netsh wlan commands not working

Using netsh wlan commands not working: Someone else's network keeps popping up in my list of networks in the Windows 10 Action Center. I've used a cmd prompt and followed all instructions for using "netsh wlan" commands to deny all (and then allow my own network to show, but the network I blocked still keeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netsh hostednetwork on wifi-direct

2. hostednetwork default password windows 10

3. netsh wlan hostednetwork mode configure