Windows 10: What's with the annoying pop-up?

Discus and support What's with the annoying pop-up? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi: That's not a very secure strategy. The whole point of running security applications (A-V, A-M, A-E, firewall, whatever) is to have them running at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hew Jazz, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Hew Jazz Win User

What's with the annoying pop-up?

My apologizes, I actually do have Comodo firewall running at startup and have it on all the time. It is just the spybot and virus scanner that I prevent from starting up and only use them once a week or so. I have always runned my operating systems this way as far back as Windows 95. Believe it or not, I have never gotten any viruses nor have I had any issues with my OS failing. I never had to format/reinstall on account of my operating system not running properly. Aside from this annoying cmd pop-up, Windows 10 is running smoothly and my games area actually running better on this operating system then any previous versions of Windows. I'm not sure why seeing as I have not upgraded any hardware in over 5 years and Windows 10 is more bloated and uses more ram than 7 and XP. Not complaining seeing as I can actually run Evil Within now at full graphics with no stutter, on a system thats worth less then my shirt.

Hew Jazz, Jun 8, 2016
  2. Hew Jazz Win User

Suprisingly I was able to delete it in windows task scheduler. Hopefully that solves my problem. Time to reboot and find out. Thanks for your help guys.

Hew Jazz, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Hew Jazz Win User
    Looks like that solved it. NO more annoying pop-ups. Any idea as to why Windows was running Maps Update Task? I can't be the only one that's experienced this annoying problem.

Hew Jazz, Jun 8, 2016
  4. What's with the annoying pop-up?

Thanks for the clarification.
    It sounds as if you have been both smart and lucky all these years.
    Running only a firewall in realtime is NOT currently the recommended "best practice" for most computer users, given today's malware landscape and threats.
    Moreover, modern systems are more than capable of running realtime security applications, even on gaming systems.
    (In fact, many AVs have "gaming" mode settings.)

But it's your system, and if you are comfortable with your current strategy, that's fine with me.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 8, 2016
  5. Hew Jazz Win User
    It sounds like you may know a fair bit about security. In your opinion, what would you consider to be the best freeware firewall currently available? I just removed Comodo and am now trying out PrivateFirewall at the moment. It's less bloated and uses less resources. I really like Tinywall but unfortunately it is not a standalone firewall and requires Windows Firewall in order to function properly. Windows Firewall is disabled on my system. I try too avoid using anything from Microsoft if I can help it. If it wasn't for the fact that Linux is not compatible with 90% of my games, I would switch over in a heart beat. Anyway, I was just wondering what you thought about the current free Firewall's and which one do you think is best and why? Thanks. Sorry If I upset anyone with the Linux comment. I just like to have full control over my system and with each new release of Windows, it is getting harder and harder to accomplish this.

Hew Jazz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What's with the annoying pop-up?

1. What's with the annoying pop-up? - Similar Threads - What's annoying pop

2. Annoying pop-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop-up: I keep getting an annoying pop-up asking me to activate my Norton license with an activation code. The pop-up is apparently sent by Microsoft Edge.singaporelocalfavourites.com The bigger problem is that the same sender keeps sending me pop-ups asking me to sign on for some...
  3. Edge annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge annoying pop-up: Just Curious, but when if ever are you planning on deleting the annoying Microsoft New App? I keep saying "No Thanks", but it insists on coming back. I may be mistaken, but I'll bet there are others who feel the same way....
  4. Annoying pop-ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying pop-ups: How can I stop the pop-up that occurs when my curser touches a link in my mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-ups/5b104e5b-ac3e-4218-8c70-8132729a0515
  5. Annoying pop up message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop up message: I keep getting the following pop message; c:users\users\appdata\roaming\03d402\eKYC fkc.vbs any ideas how to get rid of it please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-up-message/75cdd4c5-3be0-4864-9eb0-313ed2a64817"
  6. Annoying pop up messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying pop up messages: Hi. I must have installed some messing system by mistake. I get these grey boxes floating in from the side or coming up on the right of the computer. As an example if I use FTP software on my website I get a grey box moving in from the side saying files transferred. I am...
  7. annoying pop up

in Browsers and Email
    annoying pop up: [img] i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service (disable) but it is not showing in list of services. please help me un-install it. I am sure that it is related to O.S as this pop...
  8. Very annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very annoying pop-up: I keep seeing this very annoying pop-up but cannot work out how to stop it. It often pops up in Wordpad or Word, and in other places too. [img] It looks as if it is for people to write on with a tablet pen and Windows then interprets the handwriting to produce text, so...
  9. Annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying pop-up: After installing the anniversary update I now get this annoying pop-up, which I am sure I disabled a year ago, but I cannot work out how to get rid of it this time. It must be somewhere in the Ease of Access centre, but I cannot find it. If only MS added some text to the...
  10. Start up and annoying pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up and annoying pop ups: New laptop set up by store Windows 10. hard drive failed after 3 weeks so new machine given !!!! and set up done again. This time it is completely different and I dont know how to correct it, 1 at the start I only have those damn tiles and my "list" to the far left is...