Windows 10: What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps

Discus and support What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When writing an email in Windows 10 Mail, I can highlight text with the mouse and cut or paste it but I can't drag to move it, but I can in other apps.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imaddicted2u, Oct 3, 2016.

1. What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps

When writing an email in Windows 10 Mail, I can highlight text with the mouse and cut or paste it but I can't drag to move it, but I can in other apps. When I want to move text, I have to select it, copy it, paste it, go back to original text, highlight it and cut it. Very annoying,

It seems newer Microsoft apps like Edge and Sticky Notes, exhibit this same behavior, while other apps, like Firefox, OpenOffice and Windows Live Mail 2012, don't.
    Is it just my system exhibiting these behaviors or is it happening to everyone?

:)

imaddicted2u, Oct 3, 2016

2. ungroup windows 10 mail conversations not on outlook or windows live

I too have this issue.

I have:

1. Dell XPS 8700 Desktop PC

2. Yes. All the other apps working fine (well almost). The Windows 10 Calendar cannot search for events or appointments. This
    too is a
    design flaw
    like the Mail conversations. A basic "schoolboy error" that no self-respecting developer would overlook. Calendar Search and Mail Conversation/Thread settings are part of all Microsoft's other
    mail and Calendar applications.

3. Upgraded to Windows 10.

I don't believe the Windows 10 Mail Application has a setting/feature to disable the conversation view.

There are many similar requests on the internet, and on Microsoft's own Windows 10 Feedback app.

My suggestion is to use Microsoft's own Windows 10 Feedback app to add your request to all the others already on there.

If they mean what they say about feedback, they may listen (one day).

Anon E. Mouse, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Windows Live Mail fails to open quite often

Hi Muriel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you referring to Windows live mail app?

2) If yes, does this issue specific to Windows live mail app or all other applications?

3) What exactly happens when you try to access Windows live mail? Does it give any error message?

4) what type of email account? (I.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

You can run this troubleshooter for Windows apps issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 3, 2016
Thema:

What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps

1. What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps - Similar Threads - What's Mail Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open: I recently had a problem with my pc turning on, so reset it and thought everything was fixed, until I realised that some apps including Microsoft Store, Photos and Mail will not open. When I try to open Microsoft Store and Mail, the icon shrinks as if opening normally, but...
  3. Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Photos, Mail and Other Apps Will Not Open: I recently had a problem with my pc turning on, so reset it and thought everything was fixed, until I realised that some apps including Microsoft Store, Photos and Mail will not open. When I try to open Microsoft Store and Mail, the icon shrinks as if opening normally, but...
  4. Syncing other calendars onto my microsoft mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing other calendars onto my microsoft mail app: Hello, I have spent over 3 hours researching a trying different things to add additional calendars within the companies address book and can not seem to figure it out. I also called one of our IT guys and he wasn't able to troubleshoot it as well. Please help!...
  5. Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft mail app showing other peoples emails.: I had my older brother set up an account on my computer, if he wants to use it, and now when i go to the email app on my account, it shows his emails, which i don't want to see, 1 for privacy reasons, 2 There doesn't seem to be a way to switch to MY email on the app. Help?...
  6. Microsoft Mail the Windows 10 app

Microsoft Mail the Windows 10 app: Before a mail item is fully loaded placeholders are used for the images. My problem is these placeholders are sometimes not the same size as the final image so the text of the mail jumps in vertical position slightly after the images are fully downloaded. This is oddly...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email: While trying to share a file I noticed there is a BOT contact in my computer - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This is obviously NOT MINE and has somehow been dropped into my machine. So I want to delete this contact and I have found other garbage contacts...
  8. Microsoft 10 Mail App

Microsoft 10 Mail App: Regular user of microsft 10 mail app, have both gmail account and hotmail account imstalled. mail app has started to crash frequently but always rebooted and was fine. Today sadly not the case. App reopened but each time i opened draft folder crashes again. Rebooted app...
  9. Microsoft Mail App Windows 10

Microsoft Mail App Windows 10: Hi, I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 onto my PC and reformat my C drive. In doing so, it appears that something wonky has happened with the windows 10 mail app that is included in Windows 10. It constantly pops to the foreground, forcing out all other applications to...
  10. Microsoft windows 10 mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft windows 10 mail app.: I thought that I would have another bash at my problem with the new mail app.Before dumping it and going to give another email client a go. Been looking at the Thunderbird email. Anyway this is my problem,Also did a clean install in the last few days to attempt to resolve...