Windows 10: What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps

Discus and support What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When writing an email in Windows 10 Mail, I can highlight text with the mouse and cut or paste it but I can't drag to move it, but I can in other apps.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imaddicted2u, Oct 3, 2016.

1. What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps

When writing an email in Windows 10 Mail, I can highlight text with the mouse and cut or paste it but I can't drag to move it, but I can in other apps. When I want to move text, I have to select it, copy it, paste it, go back to original text, highlight it and cut it. Very annoying,

It seems newer Microsoft apps like Edge and Sticky Notes, exhibit this same behavior, while other apps, like Firefox, OpenOffice and Windows Live Mail 2012, don't.
    Is it just my system exhibiting these behaviors or is it happening to everyone?

:)

imaddicted2u, Oct 3, 2016

2. ungroup windows 10 mail conversations not on outlook or windows live

I too have this issue.

I have:

1. Dell XPS 8700 Desktop PC

2. Yes. All the other apps working fine (well almost). The Windows 10 Calendar cannot search for events or appointments. This
    too is a
    design flaw
    like the Mail conversations. A basic "schoolboy error" that no self-respecting developer would overlook. Calendar Search and Mail Conversation/Thread settings are part of all Microsoft's other
    mail and Calendar applications.

3. Upgraded to Windows 10.

I don't believe the Windows 10 Mail Application has a setting/feature to disable the conversation view.

There are many similar requests on the internet, and on Microsoft's own Windows 10 Feedback app.

My suggestion is to use Microsoft's own Windows 10 Feedback app to add your request to all the others already on there.

If they mean what they say about feedback, they may listen (one day).

Anon E. Mouse, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Windows Live Mail fails to open quite often

Hi Muriel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you referring to Windows live mail app?

2) If yes, does this issue specific to Windows live mail app or all other applications?

3) What exactly happens when you try to access Windows live mail? Does it give any error message?

4) what type of email account? (I.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange or other...)

You can run this troubleshooter for Windows apps issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 3, 2016
Thema:

What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps

1. What's with Windows 10 Mail and other Microsoft apps - Similar Threads - What's Mail Microsoft

2. What’s next for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and other platforms

in Windows 10 News
    What’s next for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and other platforms: Microsoft recently launched Chromium-based Edge Insider browser on Windows PCs and the company has confirmed that the browser is also coming soon to macOS. In addition to making the browser available for more testers, Microsoft is also testing various new features for Edge...
  3. Microsoft 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 10 Mail App: Regular user of microsft 10 mail app, have both gmail account and hotmail account imstalled. mail app has started to crash frequently but always rebooted and was fine. Today sadly not the case. App reopened but each time i opened draft folder crashes again. Rebooted app...
  4. Copy & Paste in Microsoft Mail App - Windows 10

Copy & Paste in Microsoft Mail App - Windows 10: Hello, I have tried searching for the answer for this, but couldn't find an answer in any of the now locked posts. I have tried copy & pasting into the mail app, but nothing happens. I can copy & paste everywhere else. I have used the Ctrl + C to copy, and then Ctrl + V...
  5. What is gMail's Mail App Password

in Browsers and Email
    What is gMail's Mail App Password: I have a number of gMail accounts. When I look at my security settings in Google. I see 3 entries for each account.. Mail App Password Thunderbird (which I'm moving away from) Mailbird (which I'm moving to) I'm curious about the first one, Mail App Password. It seems to...
  6. What is gMail's Mail App Password

What is gMail's Mail App Password: I have a number of gMail accounts. When I look at my security settings in Google. I see 3 entries for each account.. Mail App Password Thunderbird (which I'm moving away from) Mailbird (which I'm moving to) I'm curious about the first one, Mail App Password. It seems to...
  7. Microsoft 10 built-in mail app.

Microsoft 10 built-in mail app.: I can't create a new folder in Microsoft 10 built-in mail app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-10-built-in-mail-app/ecb93451-0c6c-4136-8e33-89c48dc71cd1
  8. Microsoft Mail App Windows 10

Microsoft Mail App Windows 10: Hi, I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 onto my PC and reformat my C drive. In doing so, it appears that something wonky has happened with the windows 10 mail app that is included in Windows 10. It constantly pops to the foreground, forcing out all other applications to...
  9. Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps.: [ATTACH] This is the mail icon on the taskbar. I also had this happen last installation to Groove music. Nothing I did resolved it. How do I fix it?...
  10. Microsoft windows 10 mail app.

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft windows 10 mail app.: I thought that I would have another bash at my problem with the new mail app.Before dumping it and going to give another email client a go. Been looking at the Thunderbird email. Anyway this is my problem,Also did a clean install in the last few days to attempt to resolve...