Windows 10: WHEA UNSOLVABLE ERROR and CLOCK WATCHDOG ERROR

Discus and support WHEA UNSOLVABLE ERROR and CLOCK WATCHDOG ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Both the above errors have been displayed. My computer has never done this before nor does it do it on any game now except Overwatch. The watchdog... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AMagicFly, Jun 14, 2016.

1. AMagicFly Win User

WHEA UNSOLVABLE ERROR and CLOCK WATCHDOG ERROR

Both the above errors have been displayed. My computer has never done this before nor does it do it on any game now except Overwatch. The watchdog error would occur on average once an hour (though I've gone whole gaming sessions without seeing it and I've had it happen 3 times in the same hour). Today, though, the whea error showed up, and this one happened twice in quick succession, so I finally decided to get this damn thing fixed. I originally had 4.9 ghz/core overclock in my quad core with a corresponding voltage and never had a problem. I've lowered my OC and voltage twice now to no avail. What the hell is going on and, more importantly how can I get it to stop doing this so I can play my favorite game in peace? Below is the diagnostic report that was created by the program I downloaded on these forums.

:)

AMagicFly, Jun 14, 2016
  2. NikXL Win User

Weird Update Problem With Windows 10 & The Cumulative Update From 3/8/16

Yeah the clock watchdog and whea uncorrectable error, and every time I have a failure to run the update (automatically)

NikXL, Jun 14, 2016
  3. si1foo Win User
    multiple error codes

Hey guys

I need help, I have been getting a lot of blue screens recently which I shall list here.

clock-watchdog-timeout, dpc watchdog violation, driver-corrupted-expool, system-service-exception, irql-not-less-or-equal, bad-pool-header, kernel data inpage error, whea-uncontrollable-error

those are the error codes I have seen I havn't seen clock in a week or more and whea I think I fixed when I didn't install Norton

I'm out of my depth with the sheer amount of codes i have to deal with and cant find the pattern

si1foo, Jun 14, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Revert back all overclocking to stock & do not overclock while troubleshooting.

Remove following programs and revert back the changes they made using a backup like a restore point prior the use.
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare Public Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3 Public Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter Public Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller Public Start Menu\Programs\Smart Defrag Public:Start Menu\Programs\Smart Defrag Public[/quote] Free up space on your C partition until at least 15% free space, due to the lack of free space your system cannot write information properly.

Your system thinks there is a hardware error, it can occur because of
    • overclocking,
    • dust,
    • improper cooling,
    • incompatibility,
    • certain software (mainly software from laptop/mainboard manufacturer),
    • faulty hardware,
    • drivers,
    • improper seating,
    • etc.

5. AMagicFly Win User
    Thank you for your quick reply. I followed your instructions. Unfortunately, they didn't work. The file below is the report from the program immediately after the latest bsod.

AMagicFly, Jun 16, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please check for MSI for BIOS updates.
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...html#down-bios

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

WHEA UNSOLVABLE ERROR and CLOCK WATCHDOG ERROR [​IMG]

WHEA UNSOLVABLE ERROR and CLOCK WATCHDOG ERROR [​IMG]

7. AMagicFly Win User
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    GenuineIntel
    64 bit
    1024 KB L2
    4701 MHz
    4 cores
    BFEBFBFF000306C3
    6144 KB L3
    4 Logical Processors

Motherboard: MSI
    Base Board
    Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850)
    To be filled by O.E.M.
    Removable: False
    Replaceable: True

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc.
    V4.10
    8/11/2015

Memory 1: 8.00 GB
    BANK 1
    4.00 GB
    DIMM
    Unknown
    CT51264BA160BJ.C8F
    319623C8

Memory 2: 8.00 GB
    BANK 3
    4.00 GB
    DIMM
    Unknown
    CT51264BA160BJ.C8F
    319623C9

Hard Disk: Microsoft Storage Space Device
    Fixed hard disk media
    Partitions: 1
    {2bdf99b2-ca77-4909-9d5b-3b385401971a}
    929.97 GB

Hard Disk 2: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    Fixed hard disk media
    Partitions: 3
    S21NNXBGA35874D
    232.88 GB

Logical Disk: C:
    Local Fixed Disk
    Local Disk
    Fixed hard disk media
    NTFS
    232.33 GB
    741EEF19

Logical Disk: D:
    Local Fixed Disk
    HDD
    Local Disk
    Fixed hard disk media
    NTFS
    929.87 GB
    4EE10C1A

Sound card 1: Logitech Headset G series
    Logitech G430 Gaming Headset

2: Realtek
    Realtek High Definition Audio

3: NVIDIA
    NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

4: NVIDIA
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Graphics: VideoController1
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    1920 x 1080 x 32 bits (4294967296 colors) @ 60 Hz
    1920 x 1080 x 4294967296 colors
    50 Hz
    75 Hz
    6/2/2016

Network: Realtek
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Ethernet 802.3
    D8:CB:8A:CA:1A:F7
    Ethernet
    Connected
    Enabled: True

10586 Multiprocessor Free
    English (United States) - English (United States)
    1/16/2016 4:51:41 PM
    \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    \Device\HarddiskVolume4
    C:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\system32
    7.95 GB

My PSU is this: CORSAIR CX series CX500 500W 80 PLUS BRONZE Active PFC ATX12V EPS12V Power Supply - Newegg.com
    Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H50 120mm Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler - Intel Only - Newegg.com
    Mouse: Razer Naga MMO Gaming Mouse - Newegg.com
    Keyboard: Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum RGB Tenkeyless Gaming Keyboard - Newegg.com
    Monitor: Acer H6 Series H226HQLbid Black 21.5 - Newegg.com
    Case: DIYPC Solo-T1-R Black USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case with 2 x Red Fans Pre-installed - Newegg.com
    Headphones: G430 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset - Logitech

AMagicFly, Jun 18, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Please fill them in in your system specs and do not post them in a reply.

9. axe0 New Member
    Have you had any BSODs after updating the BIOS?

10. AMagicFly Win User
    Yes. Twice during a total of an hour of gameplay.

AMagicFly, Jun 18, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    When you get another BSOD, run the DM Log Collector again and upload the new zip file. This counts for everytime you want to post that you've had another BSOD *Smile

It would be preferrable if you add description into your reply about what happened and what you were doing so we may be able to find anything related to the cause.

12. AMagicFly Win User
    Will do. I'll probably have it up by the end of tomorrow. Thanks so much.

AMagicFly, Jun 19, 2016
  13. AMagicFly Win User

I BSOD once before this one, but it was a different error that never happened again. Overwatch also crashed but there was no BSOD. If those show on the dxdiag can you tell me what happened those times? Also I was playing the game as normal, but this time the bsod happened very quickly. Thanks.

AMagicFly, Jun 20, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. AMagicFly Win User
    Didn't work. I forgot to dump my recycle bin after deleting, but after that I still got a blue screen. I've uploaded the latest dxdiag.

AMagicFly, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

1. WHEA UNSOLVABLE ERROR and CLOCK WATCHDOG ERROR - Similar Threads - WHEA UNSOLVABLE ERROR

2. Help Diagnosing Watchdog Clock Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Diagnosing Watchdog Clock Error: Hey Everyone, need some help furthering my diagnosis of a system freeze/BSOD as I've hit a dead end.Background:This is a custom built PC where I've just replaced the CPU i7 13700K, Motherboard MAG Z790 Tomahawk Wifi, RAM 32 GB of DDR 5, and OS fresh windows 11 install. There...
  3. Help Diagnosing Watchdog Clock Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Diagnosing Watchdog Clock Error: Hey Everyone, need some help furthering my diagnosis of a system freeze/BSOD as I've hit a dead end.Background:This is a custom built PC where I've just replaced the CPU i7 13700K, Motherboard MAG Z790 Tomahawk Wifi, RAM 32 GB of DDR 5, and OS fresh windows 11 install. There...
  4. Constant Clock Watchdog Timeout and WHEA Uncorrectable Error's on a relatively new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Clock Watchdog Timeout and WHEA Uncorrectable Error's on a relatively new computer: Hi,I bought this computer brand new less than 2 years ago and everything was absolutely perfect and ran smoothly until maybe about a month ago where I started getting random Clock Watchdog Timeout's, most of the time it's that BSOD, but every now and then the error code will...
  5. Constant Clock Watchdog Timeout and WHEA Uncorrectable Error's on a relatively new computer

Constant Clock Watchdog Timeout and WHEA Uncorrectable Error's on a relatively new computer: Hi,I bought this computer brand new less than 2 years ago and everything was absolutely perfect and ran smoothly until maybe about a month ago where I started getting random Clock Watchdog Timeout's, most of the time it's that BSOD, but every now and then the error code will...
  6. BSOD: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR & Clock Watchdog Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR & Clock Watchdog Timeout: Hello, I have been experiencing both WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR & Clock Watchdog Timeout BSODs. Below is the dump file analysis.Just some observations-- this error typically only happens when I'm gaming or when I'm stress testing the CPU using both intel processor diag tool or...
  7. BSOD: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR & Clock Watchdog Timeout

BSOD: WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR & Clock Watchdog Timeout: Hello, I have been experiencing both WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR & Clock Watchdog Timeout BSODs. Below is the dump file analysis.Just some observations-- this error typically only happens when I'm gaming or when I'm stress testing the CPU using both intel processor diag tool or...
  8. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD ERROR: Ive been getting random bsod of Machine run exemption and clock watchdog timoeout frequently only while playing a game while using Nvidia Graphics card, The faulty driver always is Ntoskrnl.exe, Using laptop without gaming is ok, Even i tried playing hitman 3 using integrated...
  9. CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD ERROR

CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT BSOD ERROR: Ive been getting random bsod of Machine run exemption and clock watchdog timoeout frequently only while playing a game while using Nvidia Graphics card, The faulty driver always is Ntoskrnl.exe, Using laptop without gaming is ok, Even i tried playing hitman 3 using integrated...
  10. Clock watchdog timeout and then a whea uncorrectable error playing BF1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clock watchdog timeout and then a whea uncorrectable error playing BF1: I just bought battlefield 1 and after a couple days of playing i randomly got a clock watchdog timeout and then the next day a whea uncorrectable error. It happens without warning while im in the middle of the game. I havent had this problem with any other game so far but i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watchdog violation whea uncontrollable error irq less or