Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR during games

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR during games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay it was one game so far, Rust. I plan on trying others and doing some prime95/memtest later on but I'm gonna post this here already incase someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oldage, Jul 30, 2015.

1. oldage Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR during games

Okay it was one game so far, Rust. I plan on trying others and doing some prime95/memtest later on but I'm gonna post this here already incase someone more knowledgeable wants to take a look, and to make sure if it's an actual faulty CPU or some driver being funny.

Attachment 27123

FX-6300
    GA-970A-UD3
    HD7850
    Antec EA650
    2 x 4 GB Ballistix (or sports, or both, I'm not sure)

Temps were fine, no overclocking is done, BIOS was reset to default. A while ago my BIOS did corrupt itself after waking from hibernation (I forgot to turn it off), that was on my windows 7 installation.

edit: just crashed with same message while running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

edit2: crashed while browsing internet, ran chkdsk after restart but found no errors. Waiting on next crash...

edit3: spent some time in safe mode to fix the sfc issues, it didn't BSOD there whereas I was there for much longer than in a normal session.

:)

oldage, Jul 30, 2015

2. Watchdog_timeout & Whea_uncorrectable error

Hello,

When I upgraded to windows 10 I started getting the two BSOD errors.

Watchdog_timeout would occur during video gaming no overclocking

Whea_uncorrectable would occur doing regular tasks

I searched the web and none of the solutions noted were helpful in fixing the problem.

I eventually shut off hyperthreading in my bios and have not gotten either error since but obviously I want to know what the problem is so I can re-enable the feature what could be causing the problem? I did notice my CPU Cache
    Voltage in the monitor section of my bios at over 1,500

Intel i7-4790k

VII Maximus hero

Zotac GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB

Exileofdreamz666, Jul 30, 2015
  3. jyjy Win User
    I Cannot Reboot my Computer

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. While using my pc, the computer froze and then went to sleep. Now I can't reboot it. I've received "WHEA_uncorrectable error" and "an unspecified error occurred during system restore". My f11 key stopped working. My computer
    seems to be in an uncorrectable loop where it will begin to start up and then close right down again. How do I obtain a clean copy of Windows 10 if I can't reboot it or how do I solve the problem with the errors?

4. oldage Win User

The system hangs and reboots during a prime95 in a normal session, in safe mode however it is able to finish the test (blend).

Will leave memtest on a bit later today.

oldage, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    OK let us know how it goes. Did you notice your temperatures during Prime95?

Boozad, Jul 31, 2015
  6. oldage Win User
    CPU never went over 45°C. Used HWMonitor in both runs.

Right now I'm on xubuntu, going to play rust again and see how long I can play for before it crashes, if it will. After that I will let memtest do its thing.

oldage, Jul 31, 2015
  7. oldage Win User
    Game doesn't even start but I guess that's just a linux thing.

10 Memtest passes without errors, figured that was enough. Chkdsk/SeaTools found nothing bad. Currently running furmark. I'm curious, while it may end up being a faulty processor, can this be a PSU issue aswell? Or would this error indicate that my processor is already too damaged?

edit: no crashing with furmark (35 minutes)

In any case, here's the zip with the other dump files from the 4 other crashes, no idea what program you guys use otherwise I could check for patterns myself.
    Attachment 27797

edit2: Well today I've had an uptime of 8 hours without any issues. Did some light games, mostly watched twitch. Had to restart for cortana though. I don't understand what caused the previous bsods

oldage, Aug 1, 2015
  8. oldage Win User

Another update, Prime95 ran fine for 4 hours until I ended it, whereas last time it crashed after an hour.

Is there a way to figure out if it's a specific core causing the problem? I found out I can disable cores in my BIOS. Kind of want to do that before I try games.

oldage, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    I wouldn't disable any cores. Does the system seem more stable now?

Boozad, Aug 2, 2015
  10. oldage Win User
    Haven't had a BSOD yet, but I haven't played a game yet. The only thing I did was changing the power management from high performance to balanced. I don't overclock so I have no idea if that actually fixed it. It is a hardware error code after all.

Do you see anything in the other .dmp files that could pinpoint the bad core if it is that? Want to try atleast (if I still crash during games)

oldage, Aug 2, 2015
  11. oldage Win User
    Just crashed again, was just watching a twitch stream. I am so confused.

The only other thing I can think of that changed was the power strip, which I've now changed again. After this I guess I'm gonna try wiping my hard drive and just fresh installing w7 again but I doubt it's w10's fault.

oldage, Aug 3, 2015
  12. Boozad Win User
    Can you post up a new log to catch the latest dump.

Boozad, Aug 3, 2015
  13. oldage Win User

Attachment 28415

Crashed again like 10 minutes ago so it wasn't the power strip I guess.

oldage, Aug 3, 2015
  14. Boozad Win User
    More 0x124s, it's definitely hardware. Did you run through the other tests listed?

Boozad, Aug 3, 2015
  15. oldage Win User
    Yes, all of them, I just don't understand why it's so random. The only thing I don't know how to test would be the PSU. (voltages seem fine in BIOS) No way to tell if it's a faulty core causing it?

I'm just gonna stay on my linux installation until I get a kernel panic. Thank you for going through this with me. Appreciate it. Luckily I have an old refurbished laptop in case the desktop stops booting in its entirety.

oldage, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR during games - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR during

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD: I've started having a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error all of a sudden and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm not very good at diagnosing issues like this but I was able to get my MiniDump File analyzed. I'll paste it in here below but I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this....
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD: I've started having a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error all of a sudden and I'm not entirely sure why. I'm not very good at diagnosing issues like this but I was able to get my MiniDump File analyzed. I'll paste it in here below but I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this....
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE Error: Hey guys, so I recently started having this issue. At first I got BSOD very rarely and then about 2 days ago or so, it started happening very often. And now, it has been happening almost always. It is happening most of the time when I open chrome or discord (not only limited...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD while gaming: Getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD While gaming. Already did ram and cpu blend test with prime 95 no error in 2 hrs, did gpu benchmark got no error, have already updated BIOS and Chipset drivers, Reinstalled windows, Reinstalled game, Shifted game to different SSD also did...
  7. BLUE SCREEN ERROR WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BLUE SCREEN ERROR WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Hey guys, I have been getting this error for the past 2 months and it's quite frustrating. I get this error and I restart my PC and everything works fine. But this error is occurs quite often and I am tired of this. I am posting the analysis of my MEMORY.DMP. For...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Solutions?

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Solutions?: Maybe twice a day I have aa BSOD due to this error. What can I do to resolve this!? I've had this issue for months now on my ASUS Zenbook UX331U 1.5 years old. I've reset my PC reinstalled windows and updated drivers, done all windows updates etc and I don't know what else I...
  9. BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR): Hey, was playing Destiny 2 when my computer suddenly crashed and I got the following error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Setup: MB: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Socket-1151 CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (base clock) GPU: MSI GeForce 1080 RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2666MHz 16GB OS: Win...
  10. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable error: Hi everyone! I'm running a new build that was working for two days before it started crashing and giving me multiple BSOD. Mostly when I'm using After Effects but a lot of the times when I'm using other applications too. Please advise! 53476

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whea uncorrectable error rust