Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This has been bugging me for nearly a year now, I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random, I've tried a fair few things,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Allstar12345, Feb 7, 2018.

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random

Hello everyone,

This has been bugging me for nearly a year now, I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random,
    I've tried a fair few things, it's had a APU RMA (initially thought it was a Graphics issue), I've had both RAM sticks out indivually to see if it was one of them, Windows 10 runs on a SSD (BSOD's on both HDD and SDD hosting Windows), I've disabled the Wifi card, updated every driver I can think of.

I've ran WIndows Mem Diag, various bench mark style programs to try trigger it, but always passes with a clean bill of health, same with the usual sfc, diskchecks.

There's no fancy hardware plugged in, just a USB Keyboard, Mouse, HDMI, Ethernet, 3.5mm for sound)

Not plugged into any special socket or PSU, all stock (but I've noticed it does turn itself on sometimes if there's a little jump in the power, IE turning a charger on in the same room for example)

Have run out of ideas a little now, the warrenty runs out in about a month so I'm hoping to locate the issue while I still can.

It runs excellently, but then randomly bang it goes blue :/

Attached zip file of the info and mini dump

Thanks *Smile

:)

Allstar12345, Feb 7, 2018

2. Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

Hi Mikkel,

Thank you for responding.

As most of the troubleshooting steps couldn't resolve the issue,
    I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform Startup Repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform Startup Repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1:
    I suggest you to try Startup Repairing the Windows and check if it helps.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 2: After creating the tool perform Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup Repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Startup Repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 7, 2018
  3. Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

I’m getting a lots of BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error and I have tried lots of thing/suggestions from googleing…. Before this happened it all worked perfectly fine for a month and all of the sudden
    it began. It have never been overclocked only RAM have been set for XMP standard.

So here is my information and the behavior of my system

Setup:

• ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 (1+ month old)
    • Intel i7-6700K (Stock speed) (1+ month old)
    • Noctua NH-D15 (1+ month old)
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz 2 x 8GB (1+ month old)
    • Samsung 850 pro 128 GB (2 years old)
    • Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W (3 years old)

What I have tried hardware wise:

• Removed all unnecessary connections such as extra front USB and AUDIO connection
    • Removed all other drives than the OS drive
    • Switched RAM sockets placing and tried only one at a time (with each one)
    • Moved jumper back and forth
    • Reset BIOS settings
    • Installed OS on different drive
    • Changed to use different keyboard/mouse
    • Firmware updated both SSD and BIOS
    • Unplugged internet cable
    • XMP left on and off

What I have tried OS wise:

• Windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update (newest and fully updated windows 10)
    • Windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update (without updating)
    • Windows 10 version 1511 (to determine of some updates between 1511 and 1607 were the issue)
    • Windows 7 service 1 (fully updated)
    • Windows 7 service 1 (not updated) – Pretty stable (1 BSOD total)
    • Booting into safemode seems to remove the issue aswell

What I have tried software/testing wise (all tests passed):

• Run memtest86
    • Intel Diagnostic Tool
    • CMD chkdsk
    • CMD sfc /scannow
    • Windows memory dia tool
    • Prime95 for hours’ multiple times (temp really isn’t an issue max 70c but mostly around 60c)
    • DRIVER VERIFIER
    • Furmark
    • PCMark 7 – tried all free benchmarks (on sable win 7)
    • HDTune
    • CrystalInfo
    • Intel Driver Update Utility
    • Uninstalled most drivers and installed all newest drives from ASUS website (only drivers)

BSOD “whea_uncorrectable_error” happens with no visible pattern, but her is what I have seen:

• BSOD happens regular 3-15 min from boot time
    • BSOD can happen before login (at login screen)
    • BSOD happens both if left totally untouched or if used
    • BSOD seems to be delayed by prime95 (my thought is that prime95 takes all the CPU power/priority from other threads, so the software issue or whatever can’t be executed)
    • A prime95 test of 1 hour happened without BSOD, 7 min after prime95 end a BSOD happened
    • Nothing specific seems to trigger the issue
    • Windows 7 service 1 without updates - doesn’t seem to be triggered or just not as easily (The only 1 BSOD happened shortly after inserting ASUS driver cd(might be random) on a fresh WIN 7 install, for 2 days it ran without BSOD)

I have tried online dmp file analysis and can see mostly:

• Machine Check Exception
    • 0x124_GenuineIntel
    • WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT or WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

I hope somebody can help me, I don’t know what else to do, it could be a hardware issue with the newer parts and I could send it for RMA, but to me it seems as a software issue when prime95 can delay it
    and there mostly isn’t any issue with windows 7 service 1 without any updates.

I have made a ZIP with a dmp files in different folder for each OS

DMP files.zip

MikkelKristensen, Feb 7, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random

For all tests /steps please post images into the thread.
    If there are any problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.
    Share OneDrive files and folders - Office Support
    Upload photos and files to OneDrive - OneDrive
    Share OneDrive files and folders - Office Support
    Upload photos and files to OneDrive - OneDrive

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

6) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

7) Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    The BIOS: Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2003, 19/09/2016 SMBIOS Version 3.0
    8) Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.
    9) Open the website for the computer or motherboard manufacturer to view the drivers and post a URL or hyperlink into the thread.

10) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    11) Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.
    12) Backup the computer files to another drive or to the cloud.
    13) Make a backup image usig Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

14) And please create a brand new restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

15) If the computer has Ccleaner > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

16) In the left lower corner search type clean > open disk cleanup > scroll up and down > post images into the thread

17) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings
    > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery into the thread.
    > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > click on advanced tab > under virtual memory click on change > post an image of the virtual memory tab into the thread

19) Download and install Whocrashed > in the left upper corner above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    20) Click analyze > look for dead or deaddead in the results > post the results into the thread
    21) Run this version of the log collector ater the above steps:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

22) When testing for WHEA hardware errors we need to systematically check CPU, GPU, RAM and drive.

Once the bios is reset and there is no overclocking:

23) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:
    Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    Speccy - System Information - Free Download
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

24) Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    24a) Record the maximum temperature and post the maximum temperature into the thread
    24b) Record test duration and post the uninterrupted test duration into the thread
    24c) Aim for testing > 3 hrs and abort testing as needed for freezing, temperature changes (see link)
    24d) Use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

25) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    25a) Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 8 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    25b) When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

26) Run HD Sentinel: (free or trial edition)
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    26a) click disk > surface test > post image into the thread
    (this may take several hours to complete)
    26b) Post images of each of these tabs into the thread:
    Overview tab
    Temperature
    SMART
    Disk performance

27) Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials:
    FurMark - GPU Stress Test Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Please make note of the importance of temperature monitoring and aborting the test in the GPU link.
    27a) Record the maximum temperature and post the maximum temperature into the thread.
    27b) Record the test duration and post the uninterrupted test duration into the thread.
    27c) Aim for testing 1 hour.
    27d) Use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images into the thread.

28) All of these test should be done with the bios reset and no over clocking.

29) For each of the above tests please record maximum temperatures.

30) And please make sure that you use the Microsoft snipping tool to post images of each into the thread.

31) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: chkdsk /x /f /r
    C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Type: Y
    reboot

Run the command on all drives using the syntax: chkdsk /x /f /r C: or chkdsk /x /f /r D: changing the drive letter to the applicable drive.
    This may take many hours to run so plan to run it overnight.
    32) Use the information in this link to find the chkdsk report in the event viewer. Copy and paste into notepade > save to desktop > post into the thread using one drive or drop box share link:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

28) Please update the information on the computer specifications:
    Ten Forums System Specificiations (Specs)
    Please fill in your system specs
    Please follow this tutorial and download the tool.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling, case, and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, joystick,USB wireless network card xbox, headphone, printer, etc.

The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

29) Turn off windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Feb 7, 2018
Thema:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR at random - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR random

2. I need help regarding a random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help regarding a random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I recently built my PC and I am getting a random error, but even after getting a better cooler and checking my temperatures and seeing they are in order I keep getting a random WHEA_ERROR but I need help since I can't seem to identify the cause.Here is a drive link to my NFO...
  3. I need help regarding a random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help regarding a random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I recently built my PC and I am getting a random error, but even after getting a better cooler and checking my temperatures and seeing they are in order I keep getting a random WHEA_ERROR but I need help since I can't seem to identify the cause.Here is a drive link to my NFO...
  4. Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hi,I am facing random freezes and black screens during playing games. It happens everyday at least one time per day. Sometime it happens few minutes after running the game. I have used WinDbg to analyse .dmp file. Could you help me to fix this?HEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A...
  5. Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124

Random freezes and black screens - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124: Hi,I am facing random freezes and black screens during playing games. It happens everyday at least one time per day. Sometime it happens few minutes after running the game. I have used WinDbg to analyse .dmp file. Could you help me to fix this?HEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A...
  6. Random crashes and BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes and BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - please help!: Hello everyone,I made my own PC a year ago all new parts, and since the beginning, I had random crashes, without any BSOD. Sadly crash isn't reproducible sometimes no crashes for a couple of weeks, sometimes 3 times a day. I do feel that sometimes that monitors are kinda...
  7. Random crashes and BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - please help!

Random crashes and BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - please help!: Hello everyone,I made my own PC a year ago all new parts, and since the beginning, I had random crashes, without any BSOD. Sadly crash isn't reproducible sometimes no crashes for a couple of weeks, sometimes 3 times a day. I do feel that sometimes that monitors are kinda...
  8. Random crashes and BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error at random points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error at random points?: I'm currently running Windows 10 with an Intel i9-12900k, a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 ti, and 32 GB of RAM. At random points in the day the computer will get a WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error. So far I have deduced that it does not matter whether the PC is under stress or idle it has...
  10. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error at random points?

WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error at random points?: I'm currently running Windows 10 with an Intel i9-12900k, a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 ti, and 32 GB of RAM. At random points in the day the computer will get a WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error. So far I have deduced that it does not matter whether the PC is under stress or idle it has...