Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Firstly, how do I update the BIOS and firmware needed? Secondly, I no longer posses the old GPU. Is there any other way to confirm that it's the PSU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jens19790304, Apr 5, 2018.

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated

Depends on the hardware you bought, I have the Asus Z97-A mobo and Asus Strix GTX 980 GPU and both have new BIOS/firmware on the product/support page from Asus. The second part is tricky, do you know of anyone who has working parts you can borrow? If not, you need tools that can measure the output in both the PSU and GPU, that takes time and cost more than most people are ready to spend for just one pc/problem. You could just bring it to a shop that builds/sells computers and parts, cost can be negotiated.

Jens19790304, Apr 5, 2018

2. So, I've been experiencing a lot of BSOD crashes as of late. To be specific the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It seems to happen at random intervals. It might be worth mentioning that the error started occuring some time (a week or two) after I upgraded my graphics card. There had not been any problems before the change. I have updated my drivers and cleaned my computer. I don't think its an overheating problem and I don't have overclocking turned on. I've already gotten assistance from the guys over at Tom's hardware (link to thread). They identified that a overclocking driver is the problem, but we can't really solve it from there. Please take a look at that thread, it has quite a lot of information. Here's a a dump form the latest crash.
    Any suggestions on how to proceed?

:)

Autological, Apr 27, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 27, 2018
  4. Llondru Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated

BSOD help appreciated

Thanks both for your help.

I had some trouble finding the right driver , so I hope I did got it right (the drivers on the VIA website are very outdated, it seems every manfucturarer has their own drivers.

Anyway, hope this ends the BSODs... will update after a few days if the notebook stops crashing WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated ;)

Regards,

Ferran.

Llondru, Apr 27, 2018
  5. philc43 Win User
    Please add more details of your system to the My Computer section. Did you upgrade your power supply for the new graphics card - as I don't know what you have I can't tell if that might be an issue?

The CPU is reporting a level 0 cache instruction read error. It could be the CPU is misreading the instructions but more likely it is something providing bad or improper instructions. The crash dump gives no clue what this might be.

philc43, Apr 27, 2018
  6. Could you be more specific as to what details you're looking for? I'm not quite sure what information I need to supply you with. The new graphics card is a Nvidia 1080 and the power supply was upgraded from 500 W to 750 W. Anything else?

7. philc43 Win User
    That's perfect! I wanted to make sure the power supply was adequate and you have taken care of that. Adding it to your My Computer section will show that info for others who step in to help out and save them having to keep returning to your post to find it out.

Your next steps are to try and find what may be giving rise to the instruction read error. Testing the CPU is a start:
    CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated [​IMG]
    Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

philc43, Apr 27, 2018
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated

Ran it for about 10 minutes; no errors. Should I be running it longer than that?

9. philc43 Win User
    Run for around 30 minutes if the temperatures stay stable.

philc43, Apr 27, 2018
  10. There is no error messages and the temperature is relatively stable

Autological, Apr 28, 2018
  11. Besides needed BIOS and firmware updates for the mobo and GPU, there could be a problem with either that new PSU or the new GPU, try the old GPU for a while and if you don't get any more bsods it may be due to faulty hardware in the new GPU. I have noticed that faulty PSUs tend to be a pain in the neck, if bsods keep coming with the old GPU as well you should consider RMA that PSU. Power supply woes tend to be problematic to isolate without two computers where you can switch the PSUs for testing. Power problems can often masquerade as software problems, or att least be as moody.

Jens19790304, Apr 29, 2018
  12. And, if it is in fact due to a driver with the new GPU, bsods should vanish while testing the rig with the old GPU, if that is the case reinstalling Windows could help a great deal when the new GPU is back in place again. Avoid experimental drivers and those for oc for a while and test the GPU heavily.

Jens19790304, Apr 29, 2018
  13. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated

Firstly, how do I update the BIOS and firmware needed? Secondly, I no longer posses the old GPU. Is there any other way to confirm that it's the PSU causing the trouble?

Autological, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD, any help appreciated - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD help

2. Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.: Hello all,Currently having real issues with my pc. 4 days ago it started blue screening every couple of minutes giving random errors. Decided to try a fresh install of windows 2 days ago and ended up with Windows being even more unstable, spewing out BSODs. Tried another...
  3. Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted Windows? Multiple BSODs. Any help appreciated.: Hello all,Currently having real issues with my pc. 4 days ago it started blue screening every couple of minutes giving random errors. Decided to try a fresh install of windows 2 days ago and ended up with Windows being even more unstable, spewing out BSODs. Tried another...
  4. Constant BSOD, any help or advice would be appreciated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant BSOD, any help or advice would be appreciated: Recently, I've encountered multiple blue screen crashes on my PC as well as random all of a sudden freezes that usually occur when I play a game like Warzone or Valorant. Some of the blue screen error codes I've had included unexpected kernal mode trap, cdd.ll, dxgmms2.sys,...
  5. Getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR randomly. Any help will be appreciated.

Getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR randomly. Any help will be appreciated.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Eastern_Insect5226 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5byk8/getting_whea_uncorrectable_error_randomly_any/
  6. Any help is appreciated

Any help is appreciated: submitted by /u/psystylist150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jry0fr/any_help_is_appreciated/
  7. Any help is greatly appreciated

Any help is greatly appreciated: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pondorasti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jambw7/any_help_is_greatly_appreciated/
  8. Any help greatly appreciated

Any help greatly appreciated: submitted by /u/WHOinvitedLAGG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ho52kt/any_help_greatly_appreciated/
  9. Any help would be appreciated!

Any help would be appreciated!: submitted by /u/Cheeeszuz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr7z1r/any_help_would_be_appreciated/
  10. Any help would be appreciated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any help would be appreciated: hearing a few seconds delay on the audio and some quiet popping noise on my new Dell XPS 13. Any help would be appreciated on how to solve this issue.[ATTACH]...