Windows 10: whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD when running Unity 3D

Discus and support whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD when running Unity 3D in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Built a new computer about 1 month ago with all brand new parts. Everything works great except one thing. Unity 3D seems to crash my computer with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikalo, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Mikalo Win User

whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD when running Unity 3D

Built a new computer about 1 month ago with all brand new parts. Everything works great except one thing. Unity 3D seems to crash my computer with a BSOD with either of two errors. the whea_uncorrectable_error or the clock_watchdog_timeout error.

Now, digging in, this only occurs if I start a 3D project (not a 2D one) or I open an existing 3D project. After finding this out, I discovered I could create a 2D project which opened fine, but if I went into lighting and added a skybox material and then turned on the auto-generate baked lighting option (which is on by default if you create a new 3D project) this would also crash it.

I tried asking on Tom's hardware and they referenced me here.

Things I've tried:
    1. Remove all overclocking
    2. Updated bios
    3. Windows updates
    4. Ran prime95 with the run hot test
    5. Ran memtest86 with each stick of memory on it's own
    6. Contacted nvidia and did a few things they suggested including running stress test on graphics card
    7. Uninstalled and removed drivers for 1080ti and switched to onboard graphics
    8. Reinstalled windows. Updated only graphic drivers and then installed unity
    9. Ran a few other diagnostic programs for cpu testing
    10. Updated ssd firmware and scanned it
    11. Ran chkdsk
    12. Updated graphic drivers
    13. Oh, and have not seen any overheating issues
    14. Probably a few other things...but I can't recall them all as I've been trying to figure this out for over 2 weeks.

So far everything is passing all test and I am able to play games on ultra/very high settings without issues. It's just Unity 3D which appears to be crashing my computer when I try to do the baked lighting.

The few things I do notice are
    Unity console showed Ambient Probes job failed with error code: 2 ("Failed to bake the ambient probe") and in the bottom right 1/3 jobs Reflection probes

The other thing is when I try to test if Unity is working, sometimes it seems to disconnect other things. For example, I have battle.net installed for blizzard games. If I crash the computer testing Unity, then when I get the computer back up and log into battle.net, when it brings up to let me select a game, it claims I have none installed and I can find it or install it. I then have to link it back to the game folder again. This only seems to happen sometimes and after I have experienced a BSOD. If I reconnect it and then log out of battle.net and then log back in, it is fine. It just seems like it "forgets" where my games are installed.

Thank you for any help provided. I have included the necessary zip file. DESKTOP-GSAG5D1-Fri_01_19_2018__21222_06.zip

And a post to one of the forum post on Tom's hardware where I noticed something odd in one of the dumps. It might be nothing though since I don't really fully understand the dump files BSOD and weird section in dump file - Windows 10 - Toms Hardware

:)

Mikalo, Jan 18, 2018

2. BSOD when trying to create a new 3D Unity project

I have recently built a new PC and have had it running for a month now without issues. It has run all my games at Ultra without issues, all other programs such as Photoshop without problems, and has worked perfectly. I use Unity 3D for my job and often take
    work home, but have been working on 2D projects mostly lately.

Recently, I tried to create a new Unity 3D project and suddenly as it was loading up, my computer BSOD with a Whea_uncorrectable_error. After several more test, I finally narrowed it down. It was only happening when I ran Unity to create a new 3D project
    or open a existing 3D project.

I then further narrowed it down and it was occurring if I created a 2D project and then went into lighting and added a Skybox material and turned on Auto Generate baked lighting. Unity console showed Ambient Probes job failed with error code: 2 ("Failed
    to bake the ambient probe"). But it would freeze at that point and BSOD.

After doing a lot of research, I turned off all overclocking, ran programs such as prime95, Intel tuning software, Intel diagnostic, and a few others trying to stress test the system. The system passed without issues. I ran Windows update and check with
    my motherboard manufacturer for updates and updated my bios and a couple other drivers they had to see if that helped. Nothing fixed the issue.

122717-11234-01.dmp

I have a minidump file here.

If anybody can help me track down this issue and fix it, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been trying to figure this out for the past week. If it's a hardware issue, I still have time to send stuff back for replacement. I'm just really confused why
    only the light baking in Unity is crashing my computer when nothing else does and none of the stress test fail.

Thank you very much for any help that can be provided.

ChrisBrown_100, Jan 18, 2018
  3. My fbx files are Microsoft 3d paint files

I have been working on a character for VRchat in Blender and i tried moving it to Unity, but when I extract my .blend file into a .fbx file it is not Unity files as it would be on another computer it is a 3D paint file. I even tried downloading a shading
    pack online for Unity and all the .fbx files in there are also replaced as 3D paint files and I can't import them into Unity.

JoelDavis1, Jan 18, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Have you created a ticket with Unity support team?
    If everything passes and it is specifically with Unity 3D, it is very likely to be a bug in Unity.

5. Mikalo Win User
    Unfortunately, Unity has told me they have no reports of similar issues. So they don't have a clue.

Mikalo, Jan 18, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Could you provide all the system information in your 'My Computer' part beneath your post on the left side.

Furthermore, I need you to make another 4/5 crashes. Please upload the memory dump to onedrive, google drive or dropbox before crashing your system again, thus upload the current memory dump, crash the system, upload the new dump, and repeat this until there are 4/5 dumps uploaded. After you uploaded the memory dumps, put them in 1 folder and post a share link of the folder.
    I need some memory dumps for patterns and be able to see what happens at the other cores and process.

I would also like to know if you're familiair with any hardware related options in Unity, it's been years since I worked in Unity and have forgotten a lot. I'll install Unity to check myself, but help is welcome *Smile

FYI, I'll be gone for the weekend to a place where there's barely internet. I can be online, but when I am it will be via mobile and thus I can't look at the dumps. I'll check the dumps on monday.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD when running Unity 3D - Similar Threads - whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD running

2. BSOD when playing unity games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing unity games: I keep having windows crash whenever I play games that run of unity.Hearthstone mostly.I have ran memtest, stress tests, updated drivers, done a fresh install.PC only crashes on unity games I can have non unity games run for hours no crashes.This is the last mini dump...
  3. BSOD when playing unity games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing unity games: I keep having windows crash whenever I play games that run of unity.Hearthstone mostly.I have ran memtest, stress tests, updated drivers, done a fresh install.PC only crashes on unity games I can have non unity games run for hours no crashes.This is the last mini dump...
  4. BSOD when playing unity games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD in Unity Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  6. My Unity app will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Unity app will not run: Windows is an excellent system and is my absolute favorite to work on. I use the Unity Engine to develop software on my windows device. However, every time I create a test build of my app with no errors in the engine, either as a Windows Standalone 64-bit or a Universal...
  7. BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error while running Discord and Google Chrome

BSOD Whea_Uncorrectable_Error while running Discord and Google Chrome: Hey, I could use some help. Background Story. I have this error for quite long now, it has slowly become worse over time. I remember like 1-2 years maybe 3 years ago, I started to get this error when I played counter strike global offensive. I tried to fix back then, but not...
  8. BSOD When Playing PUBG, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD When Playing PUBG, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi, this is a little long bear with me please. My PC started having problem last 3 weeks while playing PUBG, it would only crash the game and turn off any output to my monitor. I could still shutdown my computer using Hotkey on my keyboard. It starts off after i play a few...
  9. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when watching videos

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when watching videos: Hello, 1st time posting in this forums. I'm getting the bsod in title whenever I watch any video. It can be from youtube, something I downloaded, etc. It can happen as soon as a few seconds into the video or hours can pass, sometimes never. This started last month when I...
  10. BSOD WHEA Uncorrectable Error when running games.

BSOD WHEA Uncorrectable Error when running games.: If you have a second computer or if you can use this computer for a period of time as only a "vanilla type" clean install then you can test the hardware without any confounding factors. These are steps to check the hardware before moving to testing as a vanilla type clean...