Windows 10: WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, hal.dll

Discus and support WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, hal.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, as the title says, I've been getting a WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD when playing multiple games (at least BF4 and Ghost Recon Wildlands, so it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveF78, Mar 10, 2017.

1. SteveF78 Win User

WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, hal.dll

So, as the title says, I've been getting a WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD when playing multiple games (at least BF4 and Ghost Recon Wildlands, so it's not just one game causing issues). It always references hall.dll+3627f per BlueScreenview. But I'm not a debugger, and even though I work in IT, this one is throwing me for a loop. So, any assistance would be appreciated, cause this is getting annoying. Attached is the .zip from DM Log Collector.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Attachment 124640

:)

SteveF78, Mar 10, 2017
  2. RobBrain Win User

BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error caused by hal.dll

Hi,

Been having a lot of PC troubles recently so got a new graphics card, now I keep getting a BSOD, the BlueScreenViewer is here:

Imgur

Any help is greatly appreciated!

RobBrain, Mar 10, 2017
  3. BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error caused by hal.dll

Hi,

Be sure to check with the support for the new video card.

Could be heat related - try using a small fan to blow into the air intakes to see

if that helps. Does it just act like it loses power or does it shutdown in a normal

manner? Heat related does not always mean too much heat as it is very possible

that something is too sensitive to even normal levels of heat

Remove ALL power and reseat all cards, memory, and cables (both ends when

possible) - actually remove and replace - do not just snug. Remove the dust

bunnies and clean the vents. Check that the fans work (before and after opening

the case). If a laptop about all you can do is reseat the memory and clean the

vents (still can try adding a small fan as a test).

This sounds like hardware so if the above does not help then you probably need

the help of a real computer shop (one that does its own in-shop service) or the

System Maker's Support.

==================================================

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive

or other file sharing sites (such as MediaFire). If you have problems uploading

the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload

them from there.

Adding files to your OneDrive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/getting-started-onedrive-tutorial

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions

Share OneDrive files and folders

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump
    Use OneDrive to upload collected files

Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture. (Updated: 1/16/2012)

====================================================

BCCode: 124 0x00000124

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though

it is "possible" that it is driver related (rare). Remove ALL power and reseat all

cards, memory and cables (on both ends) - actually remove and replace - do not

just snug. Make sure the system has adequate ventilation - add a small fan

blowing into intakes. Carefully inspect the motherboard and other cards for

damage. Pay attention to the fatal hardware error implication. You may need

a real computer shop (not leeks and peeks at a BestBuy or other BigBox stores)

or the System maker's Support.

Check the processor seating, heat sink, and the compound between the processor

and the heat sink which are common causes.

There have been a few instances where Norton/Symantec and other antivirus/security programs have caused this error.

BCCode: 124 0x00000124

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124.

This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug

check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error

Architecture (WHEA).

BCCode: 124 0x00000124 <-- read this link

The system encountered an uncorrectable hardware error.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi SteveF78,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

I have a few things that may help resolve the problem. Just to note, these things I noticed quickly, of they appear to not help anything there is a lot other things to try *Smile

First, please seat the memory properly according to the manual.
    Attachment 124652

Second, check Gigabyte for BIOS updates.

Third, remove any overclocking that is present for the GPU and/or RAM (CPU doesn't look to be overclocked). Overclocking is a common cause for this particular crash, after some time hardware can fail to keep handling the overclock whilst trying to function properly.

Thema:

1. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, hal.dll - Similar Threads - WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error hal dll

2. EVENT ID 12 HAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVENT ID 12 HAL: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.Been seeing this error in event viewer. I googled and some were saying Bios others too something different. Can anyone explain to me what...
  3. error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION

error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION: During start up, my laptop gives an error HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION, 0x000000AC and a blue screen. I have Lenovo ThinkPad T61, Windows 10 pro 64 bit, 2004. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hal-memory-allocation/ed054c97-5087-497e-8b15-ea7cc2c49e53
  4. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi Ma'am/Sir, Good Day, How Can I resolve this problem? I always encounter this WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR for the whole day. It did not happened dated July 5, 6, and 7, 2020 it started this error july 8, 2020 Troubleshooting done: 1. chkdsk /f /r still having the same...
  5. HAL INITIALAZATION FAILED

HAL INITIALAZATION FAILED: this is the stop code I got what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hal-initialazation-failed/39460b6a-cc03-470d-98d3-a197a1a13a51
  6. whea_uncorrectable_error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    whea_uncorrectable_error: I am getting the whea_uncorrectable_error but only when using internet. It happens quicker if I have more than 1 internet tab open. I've tried changing browsers but that hasn't made a differience....
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hi! My PC has been crashing a lot recently due to WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I'm not sure what to do to address those issues. Here's the minidump report from the latest crash: ********************************************************************************...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Win10 OS randomly crashes on laptop after update with stop code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Seems to be related to external mouse activity. The link is not very helpful>https://www.windows.com/stopcode. What else can I do to figure out what this means and how to fix? Would...
  9. Windows=HAL ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows=HAL ?: I hope someone can help as Microsoft techs have been unsuccessful at solving this problem. It appears that Windows 10 (in my case) is protecting itself from being updated along with refusing to allow printers (that's plural) to be used. The problem started around 3 months...
  10. HAL 12 Error

in Windows 10 Support
    HAL 12 Error: Can anyone explain a HAL12 error that has a date of 9/28/2183; just started getting this error about 3 days ago when coming out of sleep. Had HAL errors in the past but don't remember how I fixed them since it was many years ago. 87678