Windows 10: Whea_uncorrectable_error

Discus and support Whea_uncorrectable_error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello o/ Two days ago I had my first BSOD with this new computer. I attempted to restore from a point in the middle of last month. The restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zheketri, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Zheketri Win User

Whea_uncorrectable_error

Hello o/

Two days ago I had my first BSOD with this new computer. I attempted to restore from a point in the middle of last month. The restore failed, apparently interfered with by Avast.

I ran WhoCrashed today which traces the first BSOD to nvhda64v.sys as SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M. Earlier in the week I had had a problem with GeForce Experience hanging while installing drivers (I'm not sure it's connected.) WhoCrashed suggested it was the HDMI Audio driver.

Today I Had a series of BSODs all labelled as WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR After the first of today I did a fresh install of the NVIDIA drivers via GeForce Experience in the hopes that might deal with the issue.

BSODs did continue to drop, unfortunately, though now WhoCrashed traces them all to hal.dll

It bears mentioning that all the BSODs occurred while I was playing World of Tanks, though the last one occurred immediately after logging out of the game, I saw the desktop before the Blue Screen screeched at me.

I've no idea where to proceed from at this point.

Edit: A bad sentence for some clarity

:)

Zheketri, Sep 9, 2016

2. How to fix windows 10 whea_uncorrectable_error

Hello,

How can I fix whea_uncorrectable_error on Windows 10.

DanielSandoval1, Sep 9, 2016
  3. IT Guy Viki, Sep 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Whea_uncorrectable_error

Please check ASUS for BIOS updates.

5. Zheketri Win User
    Thanks for the reply.
    I've located a rather long series of updates for my motherboard's BIOS, after looking around I should look to use the newest of these?
    I ask only because I'm a little twitchy when messing with the BIOS.

Zheketri, Sep 11, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Yes.

Understandable.

7. Zheketri Win User
    Alright I find myself completely unable to access the BIOS at all.

My MotherBoard should support UEFI, but it's not there. Advanced Options from Advanced Startup shows no UEFI button and System info Shows it's in Legacy BIOS mode, which is apparently strange for this Board.

The upshot is that after Shift Shutdown I can't get F2, Del or anything else to work, the computer runs and the monitor simply remains in inactive state, a blank screen as if nothing is being sent to it. I've turned off Fast Startup in Power Options and that didn't help either.

I've burned most of the day trying to do this and looking for solutions online but nothing seems to work. On the upside I can't turn my computer into a brick because it won't let me in.

Zheketri, Sep 12, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Whea_uncorrectable_error

Could you try to reset the BIOS settings?

9. Zheketri Win User
    Alright, then.
    I'm sorry for the late return to the thread, But I've been kept busy.
    I have managed to figure out why I couldn't see the BIOS screen and, of course, it leaves me feeling stupid. When I was initially setting up my system I had trouble getting the monitor to be recognized and at one point had both VGA and the HDMI cables connected to the GPU. I never unplugged the extraneous VGA cable. I came across mention of this as something that would confuse the utility as I searched the net and boum all of a sudden I can see the ASUS' UEFI tool.
    So now I've got the BIOS updated from 0901 to 2001.
    I'll try and see if I can set off a blue screen (since this BSOD seems partial to World of Tanks) and determine if the original problem persists.

Zheketri, Sep 15, 2016
  10. Zheketri Win User
    Well, that didn't take long.
    Same crash error.
    I'll post another log in case it's helpful.

Attachment 101607

Zheketri, Sep 15, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Whea_uncorrectable_error [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

Thema:

Whea_uncorrectable_error

1. Whea_uncorrectable_error - Similar Threads - Whea_uncorrectable_error

2. How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Device Driver Error, AuthenticAMD.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Device Driver Error, AuthenticAMD.sys: Lately I am regularly getting BSODs with the error message "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". The minidump file that is created after the crash contains the information that the reason is a Device Driver Error, specifically of the AuthenticAMD.sys driver. I have tried:- Updating...
  3. How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Device Driver Error, AuthenticAMD.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Device Driver Error, AuthenticAMD.sys: Lately I am regularly getting BSODs with the error message "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". The minidump file that is created after the crash contains the information that the reason is a Device Driver Error, specifically of the AuthenticAMD.sys driver. I have tried:- Updating...
  4. How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Device Driver Error, AuthenticAMD.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Just had another WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on my PC after a month without them. May someone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just had another WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on my PC after a month without them. May someone...: Had a previous run-in with this error, thought it had been resolved after installing some drivers:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-just-had-a-wheauncorrectableerror-crash-kindly/82107b3f-b8be-4576-b083-1af274569126But suddenly out of nowhere my PC...
  6. Just had another WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on my PC after a month without them. May someone...

Just had another WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on my PC after a month without them. May someone...: Had a previous run-in with this error, thought it had been resolved after installing some drivers:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-just-had-a-wheauncorrectableerror-crash-kindly/82107b3f-b8be-4576-b083-1af274569126But suddenly out of nowhere my PC...
  7. Just had another WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR on my PC after a month without them. May someone...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer repeatedly BSODing with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer repeatedly BSODing with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: I ran IPDT but it passed on everything. Computer typically bluescreens multiple times an hour. Dump link -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-u--hBZqX7NwsypOTldDBbAT6O3B4RlS/view?usp=sharingWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1...
  9. Computer repeatedly BSODing with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

Computer repeatedly BSODing with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: I ran IPDT but it passed on everything. Computer typically bluescreens multiple times an hour. Dump link -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-u--hBZqX7NwsypOTldDBbAT6O3B4RlS/view?usp=sharingWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1...
  10. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Ryzen 9 5900x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Ryzen 9 5900x: Hello all! Before I decide to ship out my cpu for RMA, I was wondering if anyone could come to a fix for this issue I’ve been having since I received the cpu. So when core performance boost is on as well as precision boost overdrive my computer will boot up fine, until i...