Windows 10: When are these "feature updates" going to actually install correctly?

Discus and support When are these "feature updates" going to actually install correctly? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had to explicitly block the last two feature updates using this to block updates from installing. That is just a tool that Microsoft has very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Polorboy01, Jul 11, 2018.

1. When are these "feature updates" going to actually install correctly?

I have had to explicitly block the last two feature updates using this to block updates from installing. That is just a tool that Microsoft has very well hidden at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window , just scroll down to the bottom and the link that says to "Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now" is a tool to block update. For those who were not aware. So, I have had to use that tool on the last two feature updates because each time they attempt to install it nearly destroys my computer. I am not going to risk attempting to install it multiple times only to have it actually ruin my computer. So, is there ever going to be a time where Microsoft releases a update or patch that doesn't break things? Do you guys actually test this stuff on multiple systems or do you just assume if it worked on 1 it will work every else as well? That is what it seems like. I know I am not the only one as there are numerous articles that talk about how these updates don't work and a lot of people have this problem. Many of whom have had their computers essentially ruined by Microsoft's botched attempts to install a pointless "feature update".

Just an fyi, that troubleshooter file, you can save it to your computer and run it locally, you don't need to download it every time from Microsoft. Because, knowing them, they will remove it pretty soon as it allows people some control over what gets installed on their computer and Microsoft certainly doesn't want that to happen.

:)

Polorboy01, Jul 11, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond When are these "feature updates" going to actually install correctly? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 11, 2018
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jul 11, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

When are these "feature updates" going to actually install correctly?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

When are these "feature updates" going to actually install correctly?

1. When are these "feature updates" going to actually install correctly? - Similar Threads - are feature updates

2. I need to help my computers password not being correct when it actually is correct HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to help my computers password not being correct when it actually is correct HELP!!!: I need help with logging into my computer. I cannot log into my windows computer it is just saying that the password I put in is wrong even though I know for a 100% chance that it’s not because I have been using this password for about a year but this is only just started...
  3. I need to help my computers password not being correct when it actually is correct HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to help my computers password not being correct when it actually is correct HELP!!!: I need help with logging into my computer. I cannot log into my windows computer it is just saying that the password I put in is wrong even though I know for a 100% chance that it’s not because I have been using this password for about a year but this is only just started...
  4. I need to help my computers password not being correct when it actually is correct HELP!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  6. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  7. When is MS going to make Color Management actually manageable?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When is MS going to make Color Management actually manageable?: My simple question is this: Will Windows Color Management ever get updated and thorough documentation? I've been using various forms of Windows for over 20 years and for 3D animation and video editing ever since NT 4. You will not find too many people that will promote and...
  8. When I'm going to get this feature?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I'm going to get this feature?: I want the new Settings page for the 1903 update, I installed it but I don't see it on the settings page.. When I'm going to get it? Also If I'm on desktop with a external monitor can I use the new 1903 Slider?...
  9. Program not actually installed when I install it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program not actually installed when I install it: I've been trying to install uTorrent today, and I've downloaded the installer from the website. I go through the installation process and at the end, the install wizard says the installation is complete, and I have "Launch uTorrent" selected when I close the wizard. Then...
  10. 0xd1 when installing feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xd1 when installing feature update: Hello, I've been getting a 0xd1 bsod when installing the latest w10 feature update (build 1709). It is reliably reproducible, and the system has successfully completed recovery after every crash. Noteworthy is a PCIe audio card that audibly clicks when turned on...