Windows 10: When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing?

Discus and support When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm just wondering if there's some way to prevent the mouse scheme from changing back to its default whenever I switch Themes I've downloaded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by waitandhope123, Apr 21, 2017.

1. When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing?

I'm just wondering if there's some way to prevent the mouse scheme from changing back to its default whenever I switch Themes I've downloaded from Microsoft. Anytime I change one it defaults back and is driving me nuts. I am not sure if it can be done however.

:)

waitandhope123, Apr 21, 2017
  2. John Ado Win User

Blue loading circle next to pointer

Hi Nikhil,

Using a customized theme might be the reason behind this. If you haven't changed your default theme, then type
    Mouse in Cortana Search > Pointers tab >
    Scheme
    > Windows Default (system scheme) > Apply
    > OK.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Apr 21, 2017
  3. how can i change the date/day/time text color i system tray

Hi James,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. What happens if you change the contrast settings from
    Personalization> Themes? When you change the color schemes
    does it remain the same? Try changing the theme schemes and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing?

Open regedit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes, double click the ThemeChangesMousePointers DWORD in the right pane and change the value from 1 to 0

Edwin, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing?

1. When changing Themes how do I prevent mouse Scheme from changing? - Similar Threads - changing Themes prevent

2. How to change mouse cursor scheme through command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change mouse cursor scheme through command prompt: Hey,I would like to change my mouse cursor scheme on a work computer which doesn't have administrator permissions as per the organizations settings, but every time I open something like Microsoft Paint, or even just randomly, the mouse cursor will change from my custom scheme...
  3. How do I change the color scheme for the display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the color scheme for the display?: Just loaded the latest windows 10, 22H something. The display has a white background with black letters and the highlight color is mauve. I want to change the mauve to something with a little more contrast, but for the life of me I can't find anything in settings that will...
  4. How do I change the color scheme for the display?

How do I change the color scheme for the display?: Just loaded the latest windows 10, 22H something. The display has a white background with black letters and the highlight color is mauve. I want to change the mauve to something with a little more contrast, but for the life of me I can't find anything in settings that will...
  5. How do I change the color scheme for the display?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to Change the Cursor Theme with Change in System Theme?

How to Change the Cursor Theme with Change in System Theme?: I am a Windows 11 UserI use Auto Dark Mode App to switch between light and dark mode automatically. What I want is, with the change in the System theme from light to dark, it should automatically change the Cursor theme too. Is there a way to do so?Also I use an App called...
  7. How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from changing the Theme in Windows 10: At times, you might want to prevent users from changing the theme in Windows 10 computers. If so, you can use the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor to block other users from changing the Windows 10 theme. Prevent users from changing Theme in Windows 10 using...
  8. can't prevent theme from changing taskbar color

can't prevent theme from changing taskbar color: i,can't fix the taskbar color in windows 10 it always chages due to desktop background i managed to find a run command that allowed me to prevent changing mouse theme that was removed in windows 10. but i cant find a code or method for the taskbar even the way in the image...
  9. How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?

How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?: The default mouse pointer scheme is just to darn small in Windows 10, at least on my Dell Inspiron. So I change it via the control panel, but some games won't work when the scheme is changed, so I'd like to be able to switch back and forth from the command line and create a...
  10. Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Themes to Change Mouse Pointers in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the switch between themes as...