Windows 10: When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43

Discus and support When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect my USB card reader which is a Q7S card reader. Which is this one here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Q7S-Memory-r.../dp/B00F759ZCM When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by youngtomlin, Oct 28, 2015.

1. When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43

When I connect my USB card reader which is a Q7S card reader. Which is this one here
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Q7S-Memory-r.../dp/B00F759ZCM
    When I connect it ti my computer it stops working and in device manager it says Device Descriptor Request Failed and gets a code 43. Thank you for taking the time to solve my problem. I have searched online for a solotion and found nothing.

:)

youngtomlin, Oct 28, 2015

2. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) With No USB Devices Connected

Hi, I am getting two "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) code 43" devices in device manager even when I have no USB devices connected. As far as I can tell all the hardware on my laptop is working (USB ports, Card Reader, and Webcam/Microphone)
    so I don't know what device manager is referring to. I have tried uninstalling the devices but they just pop up again. I am using a Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332 with Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.

Kai DeLorenzo, Oct 28, 2015
  3. korngear Win User
    Videos from pc to phone

Use a card reader, put the card reader in that.

Connect the reader.

Drag and drop the video files in videos in memory crad.

Or you can

connect the phone to your PC as USB device.

Drag and drop the media files to that folder in E Drive (memory card).

You get faster response in using card reader, then the USB mode. PC Suit speed is rather slower.

korngear, Oct 28, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43

It seems it has a bad or not updated driver installed for it. Can you check it?

eLPuSHeR, Oct 28, 2015
  5. I thought card reader's did not posses driver's but I can if you want me too. Do you want me to try to update the drivers (if it has any).

6. Just to let you know that I tried to update the Unknown USB's drivers with Device Manager and Windows said they were all up to date. I was using the card reader to transfer files to and SD card and halfway through transfering the files this error came up. Does that shed some light on things.

7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    If it says "unknown" then Windows has not recognized/installed proper drivers. Try running Windows Update to see if it will find them. If not, time to look for them the "manual way". Double click on device (under Device Manager) -> Details -> Copy Hardware ID
    Then you can look for it at PCI Database or DevID. Keep your browser adblocker ready just in case for the latter.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 28, 2015
  8. When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43

Thank you for your help, I updated via Windows Update and It was just an update for Windows Defender. Trying to do it manually was not any good either as now I am not even getting the error It does not even recognize it. I don't think anything going to fix this so do you think I should buy another one.

9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Don't give up yet. Can you post here the VENdor ID and DEVice ID from hardware manager?

eLPuSHeR, Oct 29, 2015
  10. Do I need to connect the card to reader to my computer for that?? As it does not work anymore. If not please can you tell me how to do that because I am not that smart with computers

Thanks for your help

youngtomlin, Oct 29, 2015
  11. Hydranix Win User
    Device descriptor request failed means the device cannot communicated over USB correctly. This is a hardware failure of some kind. This is an error I see when repairing USB devices and connecting the USB D+ and D- wires incorrectly.

Check the USB cable for damage, if it is intact, the microcontroller on the card reader may have failed in some way.

Verify this by using a different USB port, or if possible, a different computer.

If the card reader no longer is even detected on any computer, return it asap for a new one or your money back.

Hydranix, Oct 29, 2015
  12. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Yes, you need to plug it in and expect to be detected. Also, read the above post by Hydranix.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 29, 2015
  13. When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43

The card reader does not work on any computer and when I am charging my Iphone through the USB it works fine. So I am guessing its time to return the card reader. Thanks for your help Hydranix and eLPuSHeR.

youngtomlin, Oct 30, 2015
  14. I bought a cheap usb multi card reader from the chinese knockoff geek app, and i has the same problem. My computer did not like the reader, and i tried it on multiple computers, but still nothing. Then, My hero Hydranix writes this response, and i followed the steps. I had a bad cable. I never expect the cable to be the issue. Oh well. Works great now. Thanks Hydranix

Magnumpimplimp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43

1. When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43 - Similar Threads - Connecting USB Card

2. USB code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB code 43: I have a usb blue yeti. I have been using it for the last 2 months everything has been find and now its not working as I have a USB code 43. I want to know how to fix it I have tried lots of things and nothing is working....
  3. USB device not recognised[code 43]

USB device not recognised[code 43]: My laptop is not supporting external mice. On connecting mouse it shows a notification i.e. usb device not recognised I troubleshooted but it does not worked. I also updated usb driver. please help me to solve this problem......
  4. Code 43, unknown USB.

Code 43, unknown USB.: Basically, I tried connecting my mouse, but when I tried it said this device wasn't recognized. I later tried checking my "Device Manager" which was of no help, because I uninstalled that device and re-installed it, and I also tried updating the driver, all these didn't work...
  5. Graphics card error code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card error code 43: Hello! I got the following driver error with my graphics card: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)" - causing horizontal white stripes on the screen and lowered resolution (800x600). I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan Black, and I've...
  6. USB Driver error code 43

USB Driver error code 43: Windows 10: Unknown USB device drive error and getting error message as "Device Description Request Failed) Driver Error" "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)". This is on my Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000. I have seen the reply on Aug 10...
  7. USB SuperSpeed error code 43

USB SuperSpeed error code 43: Win 10 ver 1709. Device Manager always reports the SuperSpeed has a problem. I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers and a Win 10 online reinstall (repair upgrade?). No change. I installed Win 7 to a spare drive and it finds no USB problems. Also, in Dev Mgr, Win 7 does...
  8. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733
  9. (Code 43) USB WINDOWS 10

(Code 43) USB WINDOWS 10: I upgraded my pc to windows a long time a go the issue was after 2 months of the upgrade i decided to connect the usual cables keyboard mouse headset and on port that only works with my external usb 3.0 hdd ... for some reason i cant connect anything beside the hdd ....
  10. Card card showing up as Code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Card card showing up as Code 43: So everything was working fine up until yesterday, then my computer would just crash when I played a game. after the first time I still had both screens being detected, but the second time I lost my secondary monitor. I then went to get the latest drivers but the same...
Tags: