Windows 10: When did IE change from IE12 back to IE11 ?

Discus and support When did IE change from IE12 back to IE11 ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Win 10 version 1703, Build 15063.540 I am out dated. Only recently I found out that all my Windows 10 computers are showing IE11 instead of IE12... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidhk, Aug 24, 2017.

1. davidhk Win User

When did IE change from IE12 back to IE11 ?

Win 10 version 1703, Build 15063.540

I am out dated.

Only recently I found out that all my Windows 10 computers are showing IE11 instead of IE12 when I clicked the HELP > About.
    When did MS change that ?

:)

davidhk, Aug 24, 2017

2. Please do not Discontinue IE Updates???? :-(

I am happy With IE11.Please do not Discontinue IE Updates???? :-( .I have heard in an article that Microsoft Will Not Realising the IE12. They Will relies just security Upadtes for IE................ Why ?? Why?? We Love IE and Win10 Enterprise, But we
    hate Microsoft Edge... So please Continue Realising New Version Updates for IE like IE12 for Windows 10 Pro & Windows 10 Enterprise.... Please..<3

Tamal HOWLADER, Aug 24, 2017
  3. Please do not Discontinue IE Updates???? :-(

I am happy With IE11.Please do not Discontinue IE Updates???? :-( .I have heard in an article that Microsoft Will Not Realising the IE12. They Will relies just security Upadtes for IE................ Why ?? Why?? We Love IE and Win10 Enterprise, But we
    hate Microsoft Edge... So please Continue Realising New Version Updates for IE like IE12 for Windows 10 Pro & Windows 10 Enterprise.... Please..<3 .If you don't relies IE12 for us then I promising you that Me & my Whol Family and
    my frindes will THROUGH YOUR WINDOWS OS AND WE WILL SHIFT ON Mac OS....

Tamal HOWLADER, Aug 24, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 24, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
    Wasn't IE12 supposed to be linked to Windows 9, something that never happened as MS went straight to Ten to distance it from the unliked Eight. And with Ten came Edge.

Mooly, Aug 24, 2017
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Aug 25, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    I don't remember seeing an IE 12 in early development.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. When did IE change from IE12 back to IE11 ? - Similar Threads - did change IE12

2. IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 not keeps entry when hit back button: I have a little issue with a web up that opens in IE11. It works when the "thing" is installed on local pc (little installer that creates an icon on desktop pointing to Internal WebServer providing the app). 1. in app list of names is presented. To quickly find the data for...
  3. Changing from IE to Bing help.

in Browsers and Email
    Changing from IE to Bing help.: I keep getting a message that IE won't be supported or something like that?? I am in the process of changing to Bing. I have set my home page, and now I am tying to get a search bar, and a favorites bar like I have now, but am having problems doing it. I want to set it up...
  4. Win 10 Keeps changing the default Browser back to IE / Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Keeps changing the default Browser back to IE / Edge: All- I change the default browser back to Chrome at least 3 times a week. I seems like everytime someone sends me a URL in a MS app (Skype for Business, Outlook, etc) .. and I click that link 1) The URL opens in IE or Edge .. and 2) It changes my default browser back to...
  5. Call back from Microsoft did not occur.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Call back from Microsoft did not occur.: Case # 143 453 9766 Yesterdady I waited for over an hour on hold and finally the Microsoft help person returned to say I needed a level 2 technician and he created a time today for a call back. That time has passed. This is the end result of days of attempting to:...
  6. ie11

in Browsers and Email
    ie11: I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I...
  7. How do I change from Edge to IE when clking on link?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change from Edge to IE when clking on link?: IE is my default browser however when I clk on a link in an email it comes up in Edge. I find the Edge format to be not as easy to use as IE. If I go to print the menu is not as usable as IE. I want IE to come up , not Edge, when I go to a link. How do I do this? 19505
  8. back arrow in IE explorer

in Browsers and Email
    back arrow in IE explorer: I have a problem with the back arrow when trying to go back to the beginning page that I started, It only backs so far then no farther, Why is this? Thanks, Gary 33317
  9. IE 11 and Norton's Vault is back!!!

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 and Norton's Vault is back!!!: Am I dreaming or did M$ update IE 11 to show Norton's Vault in Tool bar? 69559
  10. how to remove edge and put back ie11

in Browsers and Email
    how to remove edge and put back ie11: ok, so I upgraded??? to win 10, now my ie11 is not to be found. how do I remove this edge and put back my ie 11? 16483