Windows 10: When Dism commands are running ... Continue using PC for browsing?

Discus and support When Dism commands are running ... Continue using PC for browsing? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running the "combined command" as below at the moment. Is it OK to continue to continue to use my PC while the commands are running? When I say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Atomcrusher, Nov 10, 2015.

1. When Dism commands are running ... Continue using PC for browsing?

I am running the "combined command" as below at the moment.
    Is it OK to continue to continue to use my PC while the commands are running? When I say "use" I'm mainly talking about web browsing.

:)

Atomcrusher, Nov 10, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Host Process for Windows Tasks using up all RAM

Hi Chris, WOW that is using 6GB of RAM . . .

Right click your Start Button, type cmd, then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run this command and hit Enter:

sfc /scannow

When that command completes, run this command and hit Enter:

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

When that command completes, run this command and hit Enter:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Restart your PC and check to see if the issue is resolved . . .

DaveM121, Nov 10, 2015
  3. can't set up a home group on this computer

To clear possible corruption :

Windows Key + X - Command Prompt (Admin) OR Windows PoweShell (Admin)

(Run these one line at a time.)

SFC /scannow

Note if that shows uncorrected errors - continue regardless.

When that completes run these :

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note if that shows any uncorrected errors - continue regardless.

Then restart the computer.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 10, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

When Dism commands are running ... Continue using PC for browsing?

You could do it, as it doesn't affect system files, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a break while the commands are running.

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Take a break as in leave the DISM running without my staying at my PC?
    What disaster could happen?
    The full Dism scan has now finished and it found no problems at all, even though I continued to use my PC for routine use while DISM was running *Biggrin

Atomcrusher, Nov 10, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    I didn't say you would have problems, but it would be an opportunity to rest your eyes from the screen and have some coffee until it is complete.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

When Dism commands are running ... Continue using PC for browsing?

1. When Dism commands are running ... Continue using PC for browsing? - Similar Threads - Dism commands are

2. my pc cant run DISM command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc cant run DISM command: hi,i have run sfc command in powershell admin but dism/cleanup-image/restorehealth is not running.look at picture and log belowdism log.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-run-dism-command/572add68-8c11-4676-a74a-45eaeb65242e
  3. my pc cant run DISM command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc cant run DISM command: hi,i have run sfc command in powershell admin but dism/cleanup-image/restorehealth is not running.look at picture and log belowdism log.txt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-run-dism-command/572add68-8c11-4676-a74a-45eaeb65242e
  4. dism command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  5. dism command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  6. dism command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DISM commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM commands: I am attempting to repair an external drive connected to this computer. In command prompt, administrator level, I entered the command "dism /Image:f:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and it returned the message "Error 126; An Error occurred while attempting to start the...
  8. Difficulty running Dism commands

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Difficulty running Dism commands: I searched for it online and found out to perform SFC /scannow via a command prompt I did that as well see screenshot [img] Issue with Windows 10 update stuck on Version 1809 (error 0x80240034)-sfc-scannow.png I got this "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files...
  9. Difficulty running Dism commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty running Dism commands: I searched for it online and found out to perform SFC /scannow via a command prompt I did that as well see screenshot [img] Issue with Windows 10 update stuck on Version 1809 (error 0x80240034)-sfc-scannow.png I got this "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files...
  10. Running the SFC and DISM commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running the SFC and DISM commands: The picture below shows how I run the sfc & dism cmds --- sfc should be run before & after the dism cmd --- [IMG] It works for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/3d325608-c97d-401a-8cbf-9d0a7f499bcb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i use the laptop while dism is running

2. while using dism restortehealth pc restarted