Windows 10: When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

Discus and support When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer or ZIP. even if i press open with: i never have the option to choose the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RainCloudV6, Oct 6, 2017.

1. When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer or ZIP. even if i press open with: i never have the option to choose the file explorer application. can some one help me????

:)

RainCloudV6, Oct 6, 2017

2. Takes 2 trys to download any files and than asks how would I like to open the file

When I go to download any file on my windows 10 pc.. example firefox or chrome browser.. it says it cant download file. I press download once again than it downloads.

When I go to open said file, it asks me how would I like to open the file... says open with windows explorer.. notepad etc or find app on computer. I cant open anything.

Why is it even asking me instead of automatically running and installing my downloaded files. Ive never encountered this problem on any other windows.

Has anyone else had this problem. Would much appreciate any feedback thank you

petey pablo22, Oct 6, 2017
  3. MrAeroZz Win User
    Open downloaded files automatically on Edge

When you download something in chrome you get the option to say open files directly when the download is finished e.g. a .jpg file. But i cant find it on Edge

MrAeroZz, Oct 6, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

Try using 7-zip. If nothing in the compressed file, it is possible that something else is going on. Have you tried using any other web browser to download the files to see if there is a good download?

bro67, Oct 7, 2017
Thema:

When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

1. When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer. - Similar Threads - downloading files chrome

2. Cant open files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open files in file explorer: Ok so I cant open most of my files on file explorer and I don't know why Most of my files cant be opened can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files-in-file-explorer/f886cfdd-2f17-4f11-b6b0-cc18cc7d03e9
  3. Cant open files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open files in file explorer: Ok so I cant open most of my files on file explorer and I don't know why Most of my files cant be opened can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-files-in-file-explorer/f886cfdd-2f17-4f11-b6b0-cc18cc7d03e9
  4. Cant open files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  6. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  7. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder

File explorer crashes when opening downloads folder: Hello,When I open file explorer, and I go to the downloads folder, the system app crashes. When it does, I have to stop it using task manager. It also causes other problems with the system, like my laptop screen going white, I have a monitor, and my taskbar not coming up, I...
  9. Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...: Hi, I'm hopping someone can help me. When I go to file explorer, nothing shows, not even on the OS c file, is just blank. but when I open a program I can go to the open file option and I can see all my files are still on my computer and not corrumpted just not showing on...
  10. file explorer crash when opening download folder

file explorer crash when opening download folder: Hi. I have some problem when I Open my download folder from D: drive already check the error and it's said Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event...