Windows 10: When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

Discus and support When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer or ZIP. even if i press open with: i never have the option to choose the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RainCloudV6, Oct 6, 2017.

1. When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer or ZIP. even if i press open with: i never have the option to choose the file explorer application. can some one help me????

:)

RainCloudV6, Oct 6, 2017

2. Takes 2 trys to download any files and than asks how would I like to open the file

When I go to download any file on my windows 10 pc.. example firefox or chrome browser.. it says it cant download file. I press download once again than it downloads.

When I go to open said file, it asks me how would I like to open the file... says open with windows explorer.. notepad etc or find app on computer. I cant open anything.

Why is it even asking me instead of automatically running and installing my downloaded files. Ive never encountered this problem on any other windows.

Has anyone else had this problem. Would much appreciate any feedback thank you

petey pablo22, Oct 6, 2017
  3. MrAeroZz Win User
    Open downloaded files automatically on Edge

When you download something in chrome you get the option to say open files directly when the download is finished e.g. a .jpg file. But i cant find it on Edge

MrAeroZz, Oct 6, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

Try using 7-zip. If nothing in the compressed file, it is possible that something else is going on. Have you tried using any other web browser to download the files to see if there is a good download?

bro67, Oct 7, 2017
Thema:

When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

1. When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer. - Similar Threads - downloading files chrome

2. File Explorer not opening when choosing from START

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer not opening when choosing from START: I'm curious if others are experiencing the following anomaly: 1) File Explorer is "pinned" to the Start menu (Windows 7 style view, i.e., not full menu) 2) File Explorer is opened from the Start menu (first time) -- File Explorer opens with no trouble or time delay 3) File...
  3. White flash when opening File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    White flash when opening File Explorer: 3f_Cyd86lu4 Whenever I open This PC (File Explorer), I see a momentary white window before it loads in dark mode. Never had this problem before. Recently, I was trying to remove some leftover files from the registry and I think after that, this has started to happen. I...
  4. Cant open file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open file: In Outlook I have located a OST file which I want to open. What app do I need or how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-file/6cbb1bac-cc8f-47a1-bd6f-4811a29cec2f
  5. Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome: Hey everyone I'm having an issue with downloading files from Google Chrome. Whenever I try to download a file to somewhere other than the downloads folder I get the error message shown below [ATTACH] If I download files to my downloads folder, it works. I should mention...
  6. File Explorer - Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Downloads: Attached is my operating system, not showing product[ATTACH] keys. Files in my Downloads Folder have been disappearing for weeks. Yesterday 11/12/2018, I downloads a file from Bleepiing Computer I know it completed because I went to the folder yesterday and ran the file...
  7. cant find specified file when trying to download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant find specified file when trying to download: hello, how do I fix this?, when im trying to download a file? or do I need to create a new one? if so, how! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-find-specified-file-when-trying-to-download/34b33f9b-5207-4ffb-88d4-7822dc441b2a
  8. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...
  9. Error msg when opening DOCX from File Explorer - but it opens ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Error msg when opening DOCX from File Explorer - but it opens ?: Sometimes when I double click a DOCX in file explorer to open it in Word 2010 I get this message [img] But Word opens the file OK. If I close Word and double click it again it's OK. It's not a particular DOCX, it happens on any DOCX. But it appears to be any DOCX on...
  10. cant open file explorer, control panel...

in Windows 10 Support
    cant open file explorer, control panel...: Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor So, I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day; a dell xps 8700, and for purposes of this discussion, the video card set up is a intel hd graphics 4600 board, and a Nvidia GTX745, with 4 gigs of ram. The...