Windows 10: When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

Discus and support When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I noticed when I try to open some attachments, I get downloaded and then opens. I am not presented with a choice as in the other OS; "Save As". Am I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cabbage, Aug 2, 2015.

1. cabbage Win User

When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

I noticed when I try to open some attachments, I get downloaded and then opens.
    I am not presented with a choice as in the other OS; "Save As".
    Am I missing some thing in here?

Regards

:)

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  2. bvalley Win User

Dell 926 Printer and WIN 10

I downloaded WIN 10 and now my Dell 926 Printer won't print. The print driver is downloaded. Unzipped. Scan works. In Microsoft print queue there is no choice for "print", just save to PDF. In download support instructions under properties no "compatibility
    mode" available. Setting is administrator. No choice for "all users". How do I get "print" as a choice in the print queue?

bvalley, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Saveing File

Why can't i Download a File from the internet And Command to save it in a Folder Of My Choosing. There Appears to be no choice with this Mungrel Windows 10 When you download Files .

[Moderator Edit: Moved from the Community Participation Centre]

PatEdwardsWB, Aug 2, 2015
  4. When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

Is this when you are using Edge or generally? With Edge there are options missing from the 'right click' and 'Save As' is one of these, except for pictures it seems.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Aug 2, 2015
  5. cabbage Win User
    On my first occasion was to view a photo from this site thread. On the next time was when try to download a PDF attachment in yahoo mail.

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I just opened a PDF on a website while using Edge.

While inside the boundary of the PDF page, I right-clicked and got one option: Save As. I was then able to save this to a folder. (see screenshots below). If I right-clicked outside the boundary of the PDF page (the grey area in my screenshot) I did not get the 'Save As' option.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Aug 4, 2015
  7. cabbage Win User
    Thank you. I am away for few days from my computer. I will try it on return.
    (I could not remember that but memory is not always correct)
    Thanks

cabbage, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

1. When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"? - Similar Threads - downloading something why

2. Folder choice for snip image save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder choice for snip image save: How can I set my own choice of default folder in which to save the snip image?I usually choose a different folder than the [personal] Screenshots folder, but my system never remembers it....
  3. Folder choice for snip image save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder choice for snip image save: How can I set my own choice of default folder in which to save the snip image?I usually choose a different folder than the [personal] Screenshots folder, but my system never remembers it....
  4. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  5. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  6. Power and Sleep choices will not save

7. Saving files from PHOTO, Video - the only choice is "video file" no other choice

Saving files from PHOTO, Video - the only choice is "video file" no other choice: How do I save a trimmed MP4 file I made in PHOTO... The only choice when I click Finish/Export is Video File and this I don't know how to convert. All instructions on the web I can find suggest that MP4 should also be an option for me when I export, but it isn't. Please...
  8. How to force W10 to save bluetooth downloaded files in a directory of my choice?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to force W10 to save bluetooth downloaded files in a directory of my choice?: the almighty w10 burried some pictures i sent from my fone via bluetooth, it pointed to the my user directory, but there was no such pictures there..it's been a tghorn in my side eversince tho that i have no choice to impose a irectorory of my choice.. so HOW in the heck can...
  9. Modify "Save As" Choices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modify "Save As" Choices?: "Save As" offers: Quick access Desktop Libraries This PC Network However, I find myself frequently navigating from This PC down to my home directory. The main question I have is: "How can I put my home directory in this list or at least in Libraries or Quick...
  10. Browsers crash when downloading/saving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers crash when downloading/saving: Both Firefox and Chrome crash whenever I try to download or save a file. No error dialogs, they just stop and close when the "save" window opens. Today Internet Explorer did the same thing. The only browser that seems to be working properly is Edge. I'm running Windows...