Windows 10: When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

Discus and support When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I noticed when I try to open some attachments, I get downloaded and then opens. I am not presented with a choice as in the other OS; "Save As". Am I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cabbage, Aug 2, 2015.

1. cabbage Win User

When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

I noticed when I try to open some attachments, I get downloaded and then opens.
    I am not presented with a choice as in the other OS; "Save As".
    Am I missing some thing in here?

Regards

:)

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  2. bvalley Win User

Dell 926 Printer and WIN 10

I downloaded WIN 10 and now my Dell 926 Printer won't print. The print driver is downloaded. Unzipped. Scan works. In Microsoft print queue there is no choice for "print", just save to PDF. In download support instructions under properties no "compatibility
    mode" available. Setting is administrator. No choice for "all users". How do I get "print" as a choice in the print queue?

bvalley, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Saveing File

Why can't i Download a File from the internet And Command to save it in a Folder Of My Choosing. There Appears to be no choice with this Mungrel Windows 10 When you download Files .

[Moderator Edit: Moved from the Community Participation Centre]

PatEdwardsWB, Aug 2, 2015
  4. When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

Is this when you are using Edge or generally? With Edge there are options missing from the 'right click' and 'Save As' is one of these, except for pictures it seems.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Aug 2, 2015
  5. cabbage Win User
    On my first occasion was to view a photo from this site thread. On the next time was when try to download a PDF attachment in yahoo mail.

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I just opened a PDF on a website while using Edge.

While inside the boundary of the PDF page, I right-clicked and got one option: Save As. I was then able to save this to a folder. (see screenshots below). If I right-clicked outside the boundary of the PDF page (the grey area in my screenshot) I did not get the 'Save As' option.

SaggyMaggyPoo, Aug 4, 2015
  7. cabbage Win User
    Thank you. I am away for few days from my computer. I will try it on return.
    (I could not remember that but memory is not always correct)
    Thanks

cabbage, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

1. When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"? - Similar Threads - downloading something why

2. Problem when using "Save as" on a download document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem when using "Save as" on a download document: I updated Windows 10 yesterday and since the update I have been having an issue when using save as on documents that I am downloading. I have seen the issue with my Quick Books software, Chrome and other applications. I select download from within the application that I...
  3. Choices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choices: Is anyone else tired of being told I can't do something can't disable quick access in file explorer can't remove Bing can't get Cortana do use Google can't use network sharing any more and the list goes on,] I'm sure you have a few things to add as well Why does it...
  4. Recently downloaded something.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recently downloaded something.: [ATTACH]The task bar above appeared after downloading something. I have never seen this before and when I go into taskmanager to close it, I don't find anything. I am slightly worried about this, is it normal?...
  5. System Files Grow in size when I download something

System Files Grow in size when I download something: My laptop has 256gb of ssd storage. My main partition 'C:Windows' has 215gb available. When observing storage it says that windows' system files take up 47.8 gb and that system and reserved takes up 65.3 as a whole. Already this is a lot compared to the size of storage I have...
  6. saving downloaded files

saving downloaded files: I am trying to save files to a folder and I get an error message saying it can not find the file. I am trying to save the file not find it. Had this problem before...
  7. trying to download something

trying to download something: you see I'm trying to download a animation program called Macromedia Flash (adobe flash player) but idk which site to download it from I tried to download it on few sites but it seem to say it was not safe to download or not commonly downloaded since its a exe file I'm not...
  8. Browsers crash when downloading/saving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers crash when downloading/saving: Both Firefox and Chrome crash whenever I try to download or save a file. No error dialogs, they just stop and close when the "save" window opens. Today Internet Explorer did the same thing. The only browser that seems to be working properly is Edge. I'm running Windows...
  9. Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?

in Browsers and Email
    Why do my browsers crash when Saving Picture As?: Hi There Every time I try to save a picture from my internet browsers, it crashes when the windows explorer dialog box opens? This has been going on for a month or so, another colleague at work has the same issue on her windows 10 laptop. (We are not on a IT group though...
  10. Download / Save video

in Windows 10 Support
    Download / Save video: Hello,Some video clips locations, such as music (opera, concert), when I opened some to view on screen, I could with a right-clickto open a menu, there is a line "Save video as...", then I could save the video to the computer. Today I noticed this option became Gray, checked...