Windows 10: When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes

Discus and support When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This activity began after the April 18th 2018 update, Every time edge closes the desktop and Task Bar refreshes, and I have staggering mouse movement... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JemmaDoe, Jul 6, 2018.

1. JemmaDoe Win User

When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes

This activity began after the April 18th 2018 update, Every time edge closes the desktop and Task Bar refreshes, and I have staggering mouse movement for 2 seconds or so. Don't know what causes this. The same thing happens in clean boot, and safe mode.

I have done all the standard response suggestions. SFc, Dism, run/close antivirus, and reset edge, and even in an unrelated situation clean installed Windows 10 etc..

What are your thoughts as to what is causing this behavior?

too bad there isn't a image or video upload here, of course we would probably have to deal with inappropriate stuff being uploaded. smh

:)

JemmaDoe, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

Edge icon has as far as I know always been white stylised letter E on blue background (left in screenshot below), Internet Explorer icon ( right in screenshot) blue on transparent background.

When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes [​IMG]

When pinned to Taskbar Edge icon is blue on transparent background by default:

Edge shortcut on desktop is again white on blue background:

Have you maybe changed the icon manually?

Kari, Jul 6, 2018
  3. AjayK47 Win User
    Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

I did recreate the shortcut to Edge on the desktop having removed it when first upgrading to WIN 10.

Even when I pin it to taskbar it is still the white "e" on blue background.

How do I change it so both desktop and taskbar show the blue "e" on transparent background?

AjayK47, Jul 6, 2018
  4. When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes

Explorer.exe, Desktop icons, and taskbar refreshing

Desktop icons, Taskbar, and Explorer.exe crashing in Windows 10

I have been have a constant problem where windows explorer, the taskbar, and my desktop icons keep refreshing. This happens constantly and it is very frustrating because I have no idea how to fix it. Whenever it refreshes, the taskbar goes blank and the
    desktop icon disappears and I have to wait for about 5-15 seconds.

Some things you should know:

• I have windows 10, I used the free upgrade and I have been having graphics problems like OpenGL and some games not working
    • I used a program 'called Driver Talent' to update my drivers,
      then the problem started
    • Whenever I click the search icon, the windows icon, or Microsoft edge it says: Explorer.exe;
      Class not registered
    • if I'm playing a game, let's say, Minecraft (windows 10 edition), then the game would suffer a huge lag spike until the taskbar is back
    • I tried updating my drivers via devices manager, and unistalled Driver Talent, but the problem persisted
    • I booted in Safe mode but it still keep reloading/refreshing
    • Some windows programs like settings or file explorer crash when my computer refreshes

So you see, I have been trying to look for a solution but none of them seemed to work, someone please help me on this and if there is anything you need to know please ask me. I think the problem might be related to my drivers because it started when I "updated"
    them with 'Driver Talent' and also I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes and Avast, but my computer checked clean.

-Jahn Tibayan

JahnTibayan, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes

1. When Edge Browser closes, desktop icons and taskbar refreshes - Similar Threads - Edge Browser closes

2. WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon: I monitor the behavior when the WhatsApp taskbar icon is pressed to minimize the app through Sysinternals Process Explorer a new whatsapp.exe is running under the current whatsapp.exe, so when there are two whatsapp.exe both processes terminate themselves and log this error...
  3. WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon: I monitor the behavior when the WhatsApp taskbar icon is pressed to minimize the app through Sysinternals Process Explorer a new whatsapp.exe is running under the current whatsapp.exe, so when there are two whatsapp.exe both processes terminate themselves and log this error...
  4. WhatsApp desktop closes itself when minimized through taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Refreshing taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Refreshing taskbar and desktop.: Dear users, I have recently run into a recurring issue where my pc seems to do a routine refresh. It doesn't matter what apps are open, the screen goes slightly whiter and pulls me out to the desktop where i have to watch my apps refresh flicker. I then have to go back...
  6. edge browser refresh issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge browser refresh issue: Since a few days ago my edge browser keeps refreshing while on a site like facebook or linkedin. I turned off the auto meta refresh option as someone suggested and deleted cookies but it still does it. It's really frustrating that while in the midst of doing something the...
  7. Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar: The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent background. How would I go about changing it back? Many thanks. 63626
  8. Lost Edge browser icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Edge browser icon on desktop: Somehow, my Edge browser icon has disappeared from the desktop. I can still access it through the Cortana search box. So, obviously the browser is on my computer, but I'd like to access it via an icon on the desktop rather than the search box. What can I do? Thanks....
  9. taskbar icons keep refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons keep refreshing: every so often my taskbar icons refresh (or flash once). At first I thought it was dropbox causing this so I uninstalled it, but still does it once in a while. Any thoughts? 80554
  10. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i close edge it refreshes my desktop

2. taskbar on both screens keeps refreshing windows edge

3. when exiting ms edge icons blinking

4. why do desktop icons flicker whenever browser closed,
  5. desktop icons blink twice after closing windows edge browser in windows 10,
  6. desktop and taskbar icons flicker when leaving edge,
  7. when i close photoshop icons refresh,
  8. flashing icons and taskbar coming out of edge,
  9. my icons re draw when I close a window,
  10. why do the icons on my desktop flicker when I close down Microsoft Edge,
  11. why does my desktop refresh when i close edge,
  12. why is it that when i close my internet browser my desktop refreshes,
  13. desktop icons refresh after edge shutdown,
  14. when i close a program or website desktop icons reload,
  15. icons refresh and explorer closes