Windows 10: when I am trying to make the letters "a ; s ; d ; q ; e ;" (only with LShift) or make a...

Discus and support when I am trying to make the letters "a ; s ; d ; q ; e ;" (only with LShift) or make a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when I am trying to make the letters "a ; s ; d ; q ; e ;" (only with LShift) or make a comination of buttons with shift it won't work . I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ionescu Vlad, Jul 28, 2018.

1. when I am trying to make the letters "a ; s ; d ; q ; e ;" (only with LShift) or make a...

when I am trying to make the letters "a ; s ; d ; q ; e ;" (only with LShift) or make a comination of buttons with shift it won't work .

I didn't installed anything the last time I used the pc I don't know what to do.

:)

Ionescu Vlad, Jul 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 Partition Change Drive letter of Healthy Recovery from D to F

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Do you have any files in D drive?
    • Is it a recovery drive which you are trying to change the letter?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to change the drive letter?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 28, 2018
  3. alternety Win User
    OS believes I have used the letter D for drives and won't give it back

Thanks, I got to the register entry and there are entries for D and the E that I got as the default when trying to create a D drive.

Unfortunately I have no idea what to do next.

Should I delete the entry for D?

If so, should I do anything with the E that I don't want and just relabel it after deleting the D entry?

I hear scary music in the background when I open the registry.

• *Eek

alternety, Jul 28, 2018
  4. when I am trying to make the letters "a ; s ; d ; q ; e ;" (only with LShift) or make a...

Driver Letter Change Post Sysprep

When I found that the drive letters had changed, if you look at my post carefully...that is exactly what I did.
    As a result, I cannot get into my profile.
    Using Refelct Win PE I got into command prompt and attempted to change drive letters back to the wrong one so I could at least get into my profile. The drive letters DID change when I did a list drive and list volume command. (I used volume command to change the drive letters.) They reverted back to the changes I had made..that is back to c: d: and e: rather than reversed post sysprep which is what I need to get back into my profile.

So, there are two questions. 1) How to change the drive letters from c: d: e: to c: e: d:: so I can get back into windows and
    2) How to correct the mistaken c: e: d: to c: d: e: which I what sysprep was supposed to do. Essentially what happened post sysprep is that the users folder and program data are now on the d: partition of my SSD rather than the e: HDD which is what I intended.

I did try to change drive letters using diskpart with assign letter "x" after selecting disk but that did not work. I had to select volume but the changes did not remain.

Then there is the question as to why this happened with what appears to be the correct xml file.

andrew124C41, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

when I am trying to make the letters "a ; s ; d ; q ; e ;" (only with LShift) or make a...

1. when I am trying to make the letters "a ; s ; d ; q ; e ;" (only with LShift) or make a... - Similar Threads - trying letters LShift

2. When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound: Hi! I'm having issues with my keyboard. Whenever I press the letter "V" it will make a sound. My sticky keys and filter keys are already I tried turning it on and off but it didn't work : and have checked for updates already. It's the only key that makes a sound, and it still...
  3. When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound: Hi! I'm having issues with my keyboard. Whenever I press the letter "V" it will make a sound. My sticky keys and filter keys are already I tried turning it on and off but it didn't work : and have checked for updates already. It's the only key that makes a sound, and it still...
  4. Drive letter changed from D: to E:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive letter changed from D: to E:: Recently, I found an old flash drive that I had. I plugged it in my computer to see what was on it. The issue is, the flash drive I used every day wasn't plugged in, so it stole the drive letter from my main flash drive, and it jumbled everything up. Now, for most people, the...
  5. Drive letter changed from D: to E:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive letter changed from D: to E:: Recently, I found an old flash drive that I had. I plugged it in my computer to see what was on it. The issue is, the flash drive I used every day wasn't plugged in, so it stole the drive letter from my main flash drive, and it jumbled everything up. Now, for most people, the...
  6. Drive letter changed from D: to E: for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive letter changed from D: to E: for no reason: Recently, I found an old flash drive that I had. I plugged it in my computer to see what was on it. The issue is, the flash drive I used every day wasn't plugged in, so it stole the drive letter from my main flash drive, and it jumbled everything up. Now, for most people, the...
  7. Make Win+D only affect one screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Win+D only affect one screen: I'm often using a secondary monitor (for music etc. while gaming) with my laptop and I'll often use Win+D to show the desktop. However, it will minimize all windows on both screens, even though doing so on the second one is unnecessary (no notification area/desktop icons). Is...
  8. Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pressing keys D+E+A causes the keyboard to write Q: I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7570 and whenever I press the keys D, E and A at the same time or in quick succession, the keyboard cycles between writing q and writing a....
  9. Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes: Hi, We have guests laptops at school for everyone but they keep making changes on the computer. How can i make Windows to ask for admin password when trying to make changes in the computer and when trying to run the installer? Google does not give me right results. 61453
  10. How to make a D:\ partition ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make a D:\ partition ?: I bought a new PC after my original PC crashed, apparently it no longer has a working internal drive. The original files I need to recover were on two partitions, C\ and D\. So now when I boot up with the new Windows 10 PC, how can I set aside another D Partition?...