Windows 10: When I attempt to use my Router I lose my WiFi Internet connection.(troubleshooting report...

Discus and support When I attempt to use my Router I lose my WiFi Internet connection.(troubleshooting report... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem just started happening recently. I'm getting the message "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration in "Windows Network Diagnostics".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tonyolsonaz, Jul 5, 2018.

1. When I attempt to use my Router I lose my WiFi Internet connection.(troubleshooting report...

This problem just started happening recently. I'm getting the message "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration in "Windows Network Diagnostics".

Reset the "Ethernet" adapter says "completed".

Investigate router or broadband modem issues that shows "failed".

I'm in the Windows Insider Program and updating Windows 10 frequently.

At this time I have to shut down my router and only use my modem to get a good Internet connection.

Microsoft hopefully will have a fix soon.

Thanks.

Tony Olson

:)

tonyolsonaz, Jul 5, 2018

2. Wifi not connecting to router network

Hi Bruce,

We would like to know more about the issue, please clarify the following:

• You mentioned that it’s only this laptop that is not able to connect to the Wi-Fi automatically, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps with the laptop before consulting us?
    • Have you checked the gateway settings of your modem/router?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop that’s having the problem?
    • Have you tried contacting your Internet Service provider regarding the issue?
    We also suggest that you try the network connection troubleshooter, click this

link
    for the article.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Miseria Win User
    WiFi No Internet

Troubleshoot gives "Problem with wireless adapter or access point", but as I said it works fine with other devices and yesterday it was working on the PC as well.

The method of dell3521 doesn't work, I don't even have 802.11n in the list, but changing something similar didn't solve anything.

The no wifi available solution isn't what I'm looking for, I can see the router and connect to it, but there is simply no internet.

Network repair didn't help either, still "No Internet".

Starting to lose all hope here...

Miseria, Nov 11, 2018
  4. michael Win User

When I attempt to use my Router I lose my WiFi Internet connection.(troubleshooting report...

Router with Fiber channel port for internet connection at home

Hi Guys,

My internet provider is ready to provide me internet through fiber channel as his internet providing(racks,switches) setup room is just 10 meters away from my home.

-Would you suggest me some routers of some equipment which can satisfy my fiber internet setup at home with WiFi facility?

-is there any adapter I can use to connect to PC(motherboard)?

-Will it be more expensive?

Thanks
    Michael.

michael, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

When I attempt to use my Router I lose my WiFi Internet connection.(troubleshooting report...

1. When I attempt to use my Router I lose my WiFi Internet connection.(troubleshooting report... - Similar Threads - attempt Router lose

2. Can i use my Wifi as a gatway router to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i use my Wifi as a gatway router to internet: My home lab has 3 PCsPC1 has 2 network interface WIFI connected to internet and Ethernet connected to a local 5 port switchP2 and PC3 has no internet but Ethernet which are connected to same switch as PC1I want to keep PC1 Ethernet, PC2 and PC3 in different subnet, say...
  3. Can i use my Wifi as a gatway router to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i use my Wifi as a gatway router to internet: My home lab has 3 PCsPC1 has 2 network interface WIFI connected to internet and Ethernet connected to a local 5 port switchP2 and PC3 has no internet but Ethernet which are connected to same switch as PC1I want to keep PC1 Ethernet, PC2 and PC3 in different subnet, say...
  4. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...: When i plug in my ethernet cable to my laptop it says that its connected to the Wifi extenders Wifi, even tho I have turned off the Wifi extender through the app and unplugged it. I have also clicked forget the wifi....
  5. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...: When i plug in my ethernet cable to my laptop it says that its connected to the Wifi extenders Wifi, even tho I have turned off the Wifi extender through the app and unplugged it. I have also clicked forget the wifi....
  6. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the...

When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the...: When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the connection is lost. The router works fine if connected with my other laptops or android devices. Definitely there is no problem with the router according to me but whenever I connect it to the...
  8. I keep losing my internet connection and have to run troubleshooter and reset wifi

I keep losing my internet connection and have to run troubleshooter and reset wifi: I keep losing my internet connection and have to run troubleshooter and reset wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-losing-my-internet-connection-and-have-to/3b2159ec-61bd-48c6-9d8f-1f46d1b3d645
  9. Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router

Sharing my Internet Wifi to Router: How to share my Internet to Router? I've Internet connection with JioFi Reliance, India wifi dongle via "TP-Link" USB dongle at my computer Win_10. I want to share Internet to a router D-Link DWR-116 to increase to WiFi signal. Can anyone help...?...
  10. I keep losing my internet connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep losing my internet connection: Hi! Asking for your help on how to avoid this from happening again. I always get disconnected to my wifi every 5 minutes so I have to troubleshoot to fix it every time. It always says problem with wireless adapter or access point. I am using an ASUS laptop on windows 10....