Windows 10: When I Exit Firefox are All Residual Processes Shutdown?

Discus and support When I Exit Firefox are All Residual Processes Shutdown? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; ...or do I need to do some extracurricular work? I use Chrome exclusively and even with the increased RAM now with each tab I do not plan on switching.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by phaedruspress, Jul 16, 2018.

1. When I Exit Firefox are All Residual Processes Shutdown?

...or do I need to do some extracurricular work? I use Chrome exclusively and even with the increased RAM now with each tab I do not plan on switching. I do not keep the OS regularly updated (still no way to independently update IE, right?) in fact I am also lax with security updates as well however I always keep Chrome up to date. My 2nd browser of choice is an older version of Firefox ESR 50.xx but I am now fearful that it can be a security hazard so I am going to download and install Firefox (used to be my favorite years ago) but I want to make sure that upon closing Firefox that all processes exit with it and that nothing is left running though if Services show something like Firefox updater is always running I am OK with that but when I close it down is it in fact banished so to speak from my system?TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Jul 16, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 16, 2018
  3. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:*Smile

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 16, 2018
  4. When I Exit Firefox are All Residual Processes Shutdown?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

When I Exit Firefox are All Residual Processes Shutdown?

1. When I Exit Firefox are All Residual Processes Shutdown? - Similar Threads - Exit Firefox are

2. The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0xc0000374, Restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0xc0000374, Restart...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Version 23H2 Installed on ‎03-‎02-‎2024 OS build 26040.1000 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26040.1000.0 After update My screen starts going black frequently...
  3. The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0xc0000374, Restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Desktop Window Manager process has exited. Process exit code: 0xc0000374, Restart...: Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Version 23H2 Installed on ‎03-‎02-‎2024 OS build 26040.1000 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.26040.1000.0 After update My screen starts going black frequently...
  4. Successful shutdown process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  5. Successful shutdown process

Successful shutdown process: Is it safe to close my lid before seeing the shutdown screen complete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/successful-shutdown-process/811b5c71-196f-47bb-9a0d-9864dfd1b6c2
  6. Uninstall Windows Photo Viewer and all its residue.

Uninstall Windows Photo Viewer and all its residue.: Windows Photo Viewer was deprecated when Windows 8 released & hidden by default when Windows 10 released but Microsoft doesn't offer an official way to uninstall/remove the app from the system. Any manual forced removal attempt leaves residue files, be it in File Explorer or...
  7. Minimize, Maximise and Exit all now hiding in Firefox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize, Maximise and Exit all now hiding in Firefox.: I asked this in the Mozilla help section and someone there sugested I ask here too as they couldn't find an answer. I live with Firefix always in full screen. I Don't like seeing any bars or buttons of any kind.Before the latest update, when I moved my mouse to the top of the...
  8. Minimize, Maximise and Exit all now hiding in Firefox.

Minimize, Maximise and Exit all now hiding in Firefox.: I asked this in the Mozilla help section and someone there sugested I ask here too as they couldn't find an answer. I live with Firefix always in full screen. I Don't like seeing any bars or buttons of any kind.Before the latest update, when I moved my mouse to the top of the...
  9. Slow Shutdown Process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...
  10. Slow Shutdown Process

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow Shutdown Process: hello i recently upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU alongside with new memory. motherboard im currently using right now is Asrock B450m Pro4. ps. its a new clean install of windows october update 1809. the problem here is, when i click Shutdown button in windows, like...