Windows 10: When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user.

Discus and support When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user. I worked on the profile and deleted the temporary profile but it did not work. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JOSENOVO1, Jul 5, 2018.

1. JOSENOVO1 Win User

When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user.

When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user. I worked on the profile and deleted the temporary profile but it did not work. In continue to have the temporary profile.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

:)

JOSENOVO1, Jul 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 logging me into temporary user

Hello Peter,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community..

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• When you say Temporary profile, what exactly you referring to?

• Are you trying to Login through Local account or Microsoft account, to your Computer?

• When you turn on the computer do you see different accounts?
    I would suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the Admin account to check if that helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Ravindra Kamath, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Logging back in as temporary user

I understand others have had problems logging in as a temporary user when updating to windows 10 and a reboot or update sorts this out.

But does anyone know how I can log back in as that temporary user again?? I moved some documents and pictures (in the folder windows.old/users to thispc/documents) without realising I was in as a temporary user, on rebooting it logged me as a normal user and I can't find those documents anywhere at all. I fear they have gone for good, some backed up and the ones which are not are my fault.

Thanks in advance. Andy

andysmart1, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Adam Rhan Win User

Temporary User

I got a new computer and every time I log out, my information is wiped. I did some digging and found that I'm logging in as a "Temporary User". I'm marked as an administrator, but this temporary user still pops up. anyone know how to fix this?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Adam Rhan, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. When I log on, my computer continues to go to temporary user. - Similar Threads - log computer continues

2. Temporary files continuously produced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary files continuously produced: Hi everyone,Temporary files are taking a lot of space. Although I've tried to delete them many times, they continuously show up. Hope that you guys can help me!!!...
  3. Temporary files continuously produced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary files continuously produced: Hi everyone,Temporary files are taking a lot of space. Although I've tried to delete them many times, they continuously show up. Hope that you guys can help me!!!...
  4. WHY IS MY TEMPORARY FOLDER HIDDEN WHEN I GO TO STORAGE SETTINGS ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY TEMPORARY FOLDER HIDDEN WHEN I GO TO STORAGE SETTINGS ?: I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS. I downloaded that tree stuff but i don't know which part of the TEMPORARY FILES IS TAKING UP SPACE. Why is Microsoft making things so complicated ? When i go to storage setting, it says i have almost 30 gb in temporary folder but when i...
  5. KB5003173 made me go into a Temporary User Profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003173 made me go into a Temporary User Profile: So I've updated windows 10 to KB5003173 yesterday and uninstalled the update yesterday after I learned that I got sent into a temporary user profile and I can't get back in!...
  6. Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation: One of the domain user is getting logged onto a temporary profile on any workstation that they log onto. I have checked the registry and removed the corrupted user profile. Ensured that the user profile was deleted. Also performed a sfc and dism. DISM fails when you do a scan...
  7. my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my PC creates a new temporary user every time I log in: hey, for some reason, every time I log into my user in my PC, a new temporary user is created. i cant think of anything that triggered it. [ATTACH] so my questions are: 1) does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? [yes, i tried restarting] 2) is there a...
  8. You've been logged in as a temporary user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You've been logged in as a temporary user: I have looked for a post on this but can't find one with an answer, so apologies for the multi-post! i've done an upgrade install of win10 from 8.1, and from a hardware PoV all is running smoothly. The only issue is I can't access any of my old user files or settings....
  9. Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user: Hello! I upgraded to Windows 10 on 4/21 around 2:30pm. I let them computer sit and do the upgrade all day. I came back to the computer around 8pm that night and noted the upgrade was apparently complete. However all of my files, pictures, settings, were gone. I had saved...
  10. Logging back in as temporary user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging back in as temporary user: I understand others have had problems logging in as a temporary user when updating to windows 10 and a reboot or update sorts this out. But does anyone know how I can log back in as that temporary user again?? I moved some documents and pictures (in the folder...