Windows 10: When I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use

Discus and support When I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use. I have selected Explorer as my default browser and I keep checking the box... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jsquareg, Dec 11, 2015.

1. jsquareg Win User

When I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use

Whenever I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use. I have selected Explorer as my default browser and I keep checking the box that says "always use this app" It is very frustrating. How do I make Windows 10 understand that I always want to use IE.

:)

jsquareg, Dec 11, 2015
  2. 木忠苏 Win User

I could open a link in an app ? When I click a link in an app , it always remind me "how do you open this file ?

Thanks for your answer!

The issue was always existed When the os upgrade to win10 ,and every app (include outlook)the link in had this issue.

For the issue , you said the app is not recognized by the system file association , how can I create this association?

木忠苏, Dec 11, 2015
  3. I could open a link in an app ? When I click a link in an app , it always remind me "how do you open this file ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Is this issue specific only to that App?
    I would like to inform you that this issue might occur if you are trying to open the application which is not recognized by the system file association.

As of now, I suggest you to scan the full system through the Windows Defender and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Dec 11, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

What email client are you using? Outlook 2010 by any chance?

5. lx07 Win User
    lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. When I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use - Similar Threads - open link email

2. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  3. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  4. Getting emails to indicate I asked for a single use code

Getting emails to indicate I asked for a single use code: And I clearly have not.I know that these can sometimes be triggered by a service perhaps or other that maybe is faulty, but I have not got any clues in the emails I get every few days, often on a Friday somehow.I thus have a second factor auth on my account, but it's a bit...
  5. Getting emails to indicate I asked for a single use code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting emails to indicate I asked for a single use code: And I clearly have not.I know that these can sometimes be triggered by a service perhaps or other that maybe is faulty, but I have not got any clues in the emails I get every few days, often on a Friday somehow.I thus have a second factor auth on my account, but it's a bit...
  6. Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!: I tried to open some of my pictures in My pictures and NONE of them will open! It asks which app I should use. **** is this??!!! I don't use apps!...
  7. Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!

Suddenly I cannot open any of my pictures! It asks which app I want to use to open them!: I tried to open some of my pictures in My pictures and NONE of them will open! It asks which app I should use. **** is this??!!! I don't use apps!...
  8. Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?: Hi, on Windows 10 I'm using several browsers at the same time. When I open a link from my E-Mail Software, it will open it in the default browser. Can I somehow make Windows ask every time what browser my link should be opened with? submitted by /u/AlarakAkbar [link]...
  9. Computer asking which OS I want to use when starting the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer asking which OS I want to use when starting the computer: Long back story I'll make short. A program I tried to use lodged itself in the boot menu like it was an OS. It's not. The company helped me get rid of that so everything there is fine. But when I start the computer I still get a screen asking me which OS I want to use. Only...
  10. which browser should i be using

in Browsers and Email
    which browser should i be using: Norton tells me to use internet exployer but should my default be Microsoft edge. when I use the search at the bottom I get bing. with internet exployer I have my view etc....so mixed up. thanks carol 19548