Windows 10: when I plug in a usb drive its not shown in explorer

Discus and support when I plug in a usb drive its not shown in explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when I plug in a usb drive its not shown in explorer I also hot swap SSD drives and as far as windows is concerned they are not there! In win 7 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mpooley, Aug 4, 2015.

1. mpooley Win User

when I plug in a usb drive its not shown in explorer

I also hot swap SSD drives and as far as windows is concerned they are not there!
    In win 7 I used to get a sound and they would appear in the explorer window almost immediately.

does anyone else get this?

thanks

Mike

:)

mpooley, Aug 4, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Thumb drive issue

With the drive plugged in (for a couple of minutes) right click Start and go to Disk Management. See if the USB drive is shown. If it is allocate a drive letter then it will show in File Explorer.

neilpzz, Aug 4, 2015
  3. lumia 950

Lumia 950 not shown in windows explorer when USB plugged in.

robpennington, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. when I plug in a usb drive its not shown in explorer - Similar Threads - plug usb drive

2. my external microphone says its not plugged in when i plug it in, but when i pull the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my external microphone says its not plugged in when i plug it in, but when i pull the...: my external microphone says its not plugged in when i plug it in, but when i pull the microphone out it says its plugged in, i use realtek drivers and i've updated all of them but it still doesnt work....
  3. Disk Managment hanging when I plug in my USB drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Managment hanging when I plug in my USB drive: I recently bought a handful of USB drives so I could have more space on my computer, but they're caused at least one problem, so I had two plugged in and when I opened disk managment to do something, it hung on Loading Disk Configuration Information, (...
  4. Headphones not being shown when plugged in

Headphones not being shown when plugged in: When I plug in my headphones (I tried USB and the jack) my PC doesn't say anything. The headphones light up indicating that they're being powered. I've also tried other headphones and they do not work. Anything else other than audio outputs works when plugged in. And when I...
  5. Drives shown twice in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drives shown twice in Explorer: [ATTACH] Please see the above picture. All the Drives are shown twice? How can I solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-shown-twice-in-explorer/c04f2593-d327-438b-afc4-7606fbdf7dd0
  6. USB drive not detected in Windows Explorer when plugged in

USB drive not detected in Windows Explorer when plugged in: Hello all, I've got a bit of a weird problem. I am installing a new notebook (HP ProBook 470) for one of my colleagues. He uses a lot of different USB drives for his work. When I plug in one USB drive, it will not show up in Windows Explorer. So I checked if it will show...
  7. Windows Explorer Crashes When I Plug in My Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Crashes When I Plug in My Flash Drive: I recently purchased a 1TB Flash drive and it was working alright until I backed up a large amount of data on it. Now when I plug it in and try to access it Windows explorer freezes and wont restore until I restart my computer. The problem seems to follow the flash drive from...
  8. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...
  9. USB Plug in Drives

USB Plug in Drives: I am having problems in getting an External DVD Drive recognised by my laptop that is running Windows 10 with 1803. When the laptop is operating and I plug in a Canon Camera SX730-HS the File Explorer immediately recognises the camera yet when I plug in the external DVD...
  10. Plugged in/ out notification not shown when charger is plugged in or out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugged in/ out notification not shown when charger is plugged in or out: Hello!! I noticed something yesterday on my laptop. Whenever I used to put the charger on or take it off there was always a popup notification telling me whether the laptop is on charge or on battery. Since yesterday there is no notification but thank God the battery is...