Windows 10: When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up

Discus and support When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Within the past couple of weeks, my computer hasn't been turning the screen back on when I try to wake it from sleep. I have to end up holding down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Warzcast, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Warzcast Win User

When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up

Within the past couple of weeks, my computer hasn't been turning the screen back on when I try to wake it from sleep. I have to end up holding down the power button and restarting it completely. It goes to the "It Appears Windows Didn't Start Correctly" screen from there. It has been a major inconvenience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Warzcast, Dec 3, 2017
  2. WalkerJ49 Win User

W10 Start menu always up on waking from sleep

Phil,

I think when you wake the computer from sleep, it comes back to EXACTLY where it was when it was put to sleep. So if you use the start menu to put it to sleep it wakes to the open start menu.

I just put my laptop to sleep by closing the screen. When I woke it up the cursor was blinking at the end of the previous sentence, just where I left it.

WalkerJ49, Dec 3, 2017
  3. nutnate Win User
    Schedule Windows 10 Update Time

Is there a way to set Windows 10 to not wake my computer from hibernation? Due to the nature of what I do with my computer, I have to leave it running for long periods of time without going to sleep, so I have disabled the auto sleep function, and when I
    stop using the computer to save power I put the computer to sleep or hibernate.

My issue is that when Windows Update determines that an update needs to be installed, it will wake my computer up from hibernate or sleep, and my computer won't go back to sleep until I get home, often 24 or more hours later. Can I schedule Windows Update
    to not wake my computer from hibernation, or wait to check until I wake it? I don't mind the updates, I just need my computer to stay in hibernation when I put it there.

nutnate, Dec 3, 2017
  4. When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up

Try running a sfc /scannow. I have seen something people say to reset the sleep mode i think. Sure it was something to do with the pagefile but not sure. Bet someone will elaborate on this part as maybe wrong lol *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Warzcast Win User
    Ok. I'm trying this now. Thanks *Smile

Warzcast, Dec 3, 2017
  6. Warzcast Win User
    Ok. This didn't seem to work. It says it found no integrity violations

Warzcast, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up

1. When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up - Similar Threads - Put Computer Sleep

2. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  3. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  4. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  6. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  7. PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode: So recently decided to join the 1440p gang, now rockin' a 3-monitor setup. Awesome stuff, except that I can't fully enjoy it as whenever I put my PC in power saving mode and try to wake it up, the power goes on and... nothing. No response from kb/m, nothing happens if I...
  8. why when i put my pc to sleep it wakes right back up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why when i put my pc to sleep it wakes right back up: I don't understand I put my pc to sleep and like 10 mins or randomly it just wakes back up like wtf submitted by /u/Riboflavin122 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jylnmc/why_when_i_put_my_pc_to_sleep_it_wakes_right_back/
  9. Laptop will freeze unless I put it in sleep mode and wake it back up

Laptop will freeze unless I put it in sleep mode and wake it back up: When my computer starts after a restart or shut down, it freezes at the login screen, absolutely nothing works. I cannot type or move the cursor. Only safe mode works fine. on accident I left it there and it went into sleep mode, when it woke back up it started working fine...
  10. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...