Windows 10: when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins

Discus and support when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I put Win10 to sleep it will wake itself backup after about 5 mins. Then lately it will put itself back to sleep. And now the past couple of days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burr60, May 6, 2017.

1. Burr60 Win User

when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins

When I put Win10 to sleep it will wake itself backup after about 5 mins. Then lately it will
    put itself back to sleep. And now the past couple of days it will just shut off by itself.
    The last time it shut off, I clicked on the Internet button and it just shut off.
    Has anyone else had issues like this, and if so what did you do.

Or is it just unstable. Please Help!!!

:)

Burr60, May 6, 2017

2. Computer wakes up from sleep automatically

Original title: un-authorised wake up

Hi, I am using Windows 10 on an ASUS M 32 series and when I put it to sleep it wakes it's self, sometimes after a few minutes or it can be after a couple of hours. There are no scans scheduled when it does this, any ideas?

Cheers, Peter.

peter robertson 70, May 6, 2017
  3. Windows 10 keeps waking up from sleep in the middle of the night!

Same problem here. Started about a week after Creators 1709 update. As an added feature PC will NEVER go to sleep after 15 minutes when it's supposed to. I can manually put it to sleep. During the day it stays in sleep. After 6PM it wakes up after about
    15 minutes. Put back to sleep and it wakes up again in about 15 minutes. Did this 4 times and gave up and shut it down. Last 4 days.

ChingasLee, May 6, 2017
  4. when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins

If you are using the latest build I am having all sorts of problems with sleep.

Josey Wales, May 6, 2017
  5. I'm having the same issue, my Desktop shuts down by itself. NO idea why and all power settings are set up the right way. I'm so confused. Anyone else having these issues? Happens at random times. I was gaming earlier and it just shut down by itself NO notification or anything.

tiberiusknight, May 10, 2017
  6. PJLLB Win User
    Check the event logs. There might be some clues there.

PJLLB, May 11, 2017
  7. Slippery Win User
    Sorry for your troubles. I'm experiencing the same thing, I guess. Glad you posted when you did because, I was about to decide it must be my motherboard failing.

Mine has just rebooted randomly (3 times so far) after the CU was installed. It has just rebooted all by itself while browsing, mostly just reading. I've been through everything and have not been able to pin the problem on anything yet. At least it hasn't done it under a load like gaming or benching.
    I've done an in place repair with no luck. Problem still there. I'm hoping someone will do a clean install and tell me that doesn't fix it either. I'd hate to waste that much time for nothing.

Slippery, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins

1. when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins - Similar Threads - put Win10 sleep

2. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...
  3. Laptop will freeze unless I put it in sleep mode and wake it back up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop will freeze unless I put it in sleep mode and wake it back up: When my computer starts after a restart or shut down, it freezes at the login screen, absolutely nothing works. I cannot type or move the cursor. Only safe mode works fine. on accident I left it there and it went into sleep mode, when it woke back up it started working fine...
  4. I put my laptop in sleep mode but then it wakes up again after a bit

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my laptop in sleep mode but then it wakes up again after a bit: I have tried everything Looking at the events, Making the time you have to wait. Into one minute I have a lot of apps open when I off it but I don't think that's the problem. Here is my computer stats Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 Ram: 16 GB (15.8...
  5. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  6. putting sleep mode overnight resets the computer when i wake it

in Windows 10 Support
    putting sleep mode overnight resets the computer when i wake it: i got a new hp computer and i put it to sleep for the first time last night. it stayed asleep all night but when i woke it up no programs were loaded like before i put it to sleep as if the computer had reset. i tried to put it to sleep them minutes later bring it back and...
  7. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  8. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  9. When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up

in Windows 10 Support
    When I Put My Computer to Sleep, The Screen Won't Wake Back Up: Within the past couple of weeks, my computer hasn't been turning the screen back on when I try to wake it from sleep. I have to end up holding down the power button and restarting it completely. It goes to the "It Appears Windows Didn't Start Correctly" screen from there. It...
  10. After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10, HP desktop will not wake up from sleep: After an upgrade to Windows 10, my HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor will not wake up properly from sleep. After sleep, if I press a key on the keyboard or press the power button, I hear the fan and hard drive start up, and the monitor goes from completely off to on yet...