Windows 10: when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins

Discus and support when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I put Win10 to sleep it will wake itself backup after about 5 mins. Then lately it will put itself back to sleep. And now the past couple of days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burr60, May 6, 2017.

1. Burr60 Win User

when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins

When I put Win10 to sleep it will wake itself backup after about 5 mins. Then lately it will
    put itself back to sleep. And now the past couple of days it will just shut off by itself.
    The last time it shut off, I clicked on the Internet button and it just shut off.
    Has anyone else had issues like this, and if so what did you do.

Or is it just unstable. Please Help!!!

:)

Burr60, May 6, 2017

2. Computer wakes up from sleep automatically

Original title: un-authorised wake up

Hi, I am using Windows 10 on an ASUS M 32 series and when I put it to sleep it wakes it's self, sometimes after a few minutes or it can be after a couple of hours. There are no scans scheduled when it does this, any ideas?

Cheers, Peter.

peter robertson 70, May 6, 2017
  3. Windows 10 keeps waking up from sleep in the middle of the night!

Same problem here. Started about a week after Creators 1709 update. As an added feature PC will NEVER go to sleep after 15 minutes when it's supposed to. I can manually put it to sleep. During the day it stays in sleep. After 6PM it wakes up after about
    15 minutes. Put back to sleep and it wakes up again in about 15 minutes. Did this 4 times and gave up and shut it down. Last 4 days.

ChingasLee, May 6, 2017
  4. when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins

If you are using the latest build I am having all sorts of problems with sleep.

Josey Wales, May 6, 2017
  5. I'm having the same issue, my Desktop shuts down by itself. NO idea why and all power settings are set up the right way. I'm so confused. Anyone else having these issues? Happens at random times. I was gaming earlier and it just shut down by itself NO notification or anything.

tiberiusknight, May 10, 2017
  6. PJLLB Win User
    Check the event logs. There might be some clues there.

PJLLB, May 11, 2017
  7. Slippery Win User
    Sorry for your troubles. I'm experiencing the same thing, I guess. Glad you posted when you did because, I was about to decide it must be my motherboard failing.

Mine has just rebooted randomly (3 times so far) after the CU was installed. It has just rebooted all by itself while browsing, mostly just reading. I've been through everything and have not been able to pin the problem on anything yet. At least it hasn't done it under a load like gaming or benching.
    I've done an in place repair with no luck. Problem still there. I'm hoping someone will do a clean install and tell me that doesn't fix it either. I'd hate to waste that much time for nothing.

Slippery, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins

1. when I put Win10 to sleep it wakes it self up after about 5mins - Similar Threads - put Win10 sleep

2. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  3. BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after putting into sleep mode and then waking up.: A week ago I started getting a BSOD whenever I woke the computer from sleep mode. The internet doesn't work for a few minutes and then I get this BSOD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FAmS6wBhgJQ8-VpXTjFYH2jZ6xZ5Cmpt/view?usp=sharing. I have a AN515-45-R6XD with upgraded RAM...
  4. When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.: I want the laptop to stay awake when I close the lid, so I can listen to Spotify with the lid closed. So I have the option set to "Do nothing" for when I close the lid. I press the power button to put the device to sleep. It goes to sleep. Then I close the lid, it wakes up...
  5. When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I put the laptop to sleep, and THEN close the lid, it wakes up immediately.: I want the laptop to stay awake when I close the lid, so I can listen to Spotify with the lid closed. So I have the option set to "Do nothing" for when I close the lid. I press the power button to put the device to sleep. It goes to sleep. Then I close the lid, it wakes up...
  6. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  7. Pc wakes up when put to sleep or takes 5 mins or so to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc wakes up when put to sleep or takes 5 mins or so to sleep: So last week my pc was working fine when I put it to sleep. However, my keyboard and monitor go to sleep right away now, but my pc stays on, then monitor turns on but stays on a dark screen, and then takes 5 minutes to sleep completely. Anyone know how to fix it? I already...
  8. PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode

PC won't wake up after putting it in sleep mode: So recently decided to join the 1440p gang, now rockin' a 3-monitor setup. Awesome stuff, except that I can't fully enjoy it as whenever I put my PC in power saving mode and try to wake it up, the power goes on and... nothing. No response from kb/m, nothing happens if I...
  9. Windows not waking up after being put to sleep

Windows not waking up after being put to sleep: Hi all, Wondered if you could help. I have a few laptops after the in place upgrade to 1909. When they are not used for a period they go to sleep. But they don’t wake up. You have to hold Down the power button to force them to turn off. Bios update and other driver updates...
  10. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...