Windows 10: when i scan it says another scan is already in progress?

Discus and support when i scan it says another scan is already in progress? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so if I scan my system or if I scan a files with windows defender it says that a scan is already in progress (I'm not hitting the button twice) then it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brendan1, Nov 16, 2016.

1. brendan1 Win User

when i scan it says another scan is already in progress?

so if I scan my system or if I scan a files with windows defender it says that a scan is already in progress (I'm not hitting the button twice) then it caries on with the scan like normal. That's about all I can tell you could that be a virus tricking defender into not scanning, any way to fix this?

:)

brendan1, Nov 16, 2016

2. when i try to do a scan it says i have not enough quota!!!!!

when trying to scan it tells me I do not have enough quota

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RozaliyaFairbairn, Nov 16, 2016
  3. when i try to do a scan it says i have not enough quota!!!!!

Hi Rozaliya,

We noticed that this post has been inactive for a while now. Are you still experiencing the same issue with your scanner? If yes, please provide us the information being asked by
    Paolo Mag so we can help you out.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Loreto Osa, Nov 16, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

@brendan1, did you at some time start a FULL scan (not quick) and not let it complete all the way? Maybe shut it down or restarted in the middle...power went out, etc. I've seen that in the past where if a FULL scan does complete, a flag is not reset by Windows, and it thinks a scan is still running.

Try to run a FULL system scan and let it complete all the way, reboot, and try a quick scan and see if you get the same message. Post back......

f14tomcat, Nov 16, 2016
  5. brendan1 Win User
    Thanks I did try that and still there. I decide to make a backup image of my drive and format it. I did clean install from a Microsoft USB stick that came with windows 10. After connecting to the web and doing the windows updates it started doing it again I didn't do any scans or download any software. Could my drivers that automatically installed with windows updates cause this I would assume that it was caused by the updates but nobody else has this problem!? I know most people think firmware virus on personal computers aren't practical but that's about all I can think of, I did plug in a old HDD to format it to make some back ups, I'm going to try refo0rmating and clean install once again to see if my old hdd has any effect on the situation! if any one has any ideas or heard anyone else with this same problem please let me know.

brendan1, Nov 24, 2016
  6. brendan1 Win User
    ok so I did my reinstall again *Mad and guess what 3rd times the charm *Party, defender no longer says another scan is in progress (after updates). I'm still really concerned though does anyone think its practical my old hdd that I use for backups somehow has malware on it (its been formatted with disk part)? I did do one other thing differently during the install when you click custom install, it takes you too a partition scheme, which will have all your old partitions on it. The first time I did the install (today) I deleted the partitions and made one which automatically made 4 (primary 230 gb, system 100mb, msr 1gb, recovery 450mb). During this current install I formatted all the partitions instead of just deleting them then when I made the primary partition it only automatically made 2 partitions (system 450mb, primary 230gb) anybody explain what happened there? did I possible have malware on a hidden partition that was prevent windows defender from doing anything?

brendan1, Nov 24, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    The 450mb is normal. It's your Windows Recovery partition. 230gb is your main OS. Should have 4 partitions looking similar to this. 3 if you are not running UEFI. This is a shot of mine using MiniTool. (I have several dual boots on there, ignore)

when i scan it says another scan is already in progress? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Nov 24, 2016
  8. brendan1 Win User

yeah but before I had primary (230g), system (100m), msr, & recovery.
    now I have primary(230g), system(450m). I was using efi both times.
    soo its not a recovery!!!

on top of that now my bios menu is crashing and I just checked my partitions and their different 500mb primary and 230g primary?!!

what would you do in this situation I need a good computer for school and cant afford to buy another brand new one I also cant afford the time to spend figuring this out. If it is a firm ware thing do you think there's somewhere I can take it and have this for sure sorted out?

brendan1, Nov 26, 2016
  9. brendan1 Win User
    oh and guess what another scan is in progress again *Shock

brendan1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. when i scan it says another scan is already in progress? - Similar Threads - scan says another

2. Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan: Hello, I am on a Windows 10 machine that is up to date fully.I have a client whose Windows Hello doesn't sign him in. It'll welcome him to the machine, we'll unlock the screen and it will immediately load into another lock screen.We've set up his face scan 3-4 times now...
  3. 0x80042316, Another shadow copy creation is already in progress

in Windows 10 News
    0x80042316, Another shadow copy creation is already in progress: [IMG]When trying to backup and restore your system or files, you may sometimes encounter the Volume Shadow Copy error 0x80042316. The error message reads Another shadow copy creation is already in progress, Please wait a few moments and try again. In this post, we will...
  4. scan size when feeder scanning is not correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scan size when feeder scanning is not correct: I am scanning from a Canon ImageClass MF543dw using the feeder to pdf. It was working just fine on a few scans. Then it started to scan only a portion of the sheet when going thru the feeder. On the flatbed it scans the correct size. I didn't do any thing different when it...
  5. scan size when feeder scanning is not correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scan size when feeder scanning is not correct: I am scanning from a Canon ImageClass MF543dw using the feeder to pdf. It was working just fine on a few scans. Then it started to scan only a portion of the sheet when going thru the feeder. On the flatbed it scans the correct size. I didn't do any thing different when it...
  6. Slow When Scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Slow When Scanning: Whenever I run a full scan on my PC, my PC becomes unbearably slow. It becomes so slow that even Google Meet completely freezes. Is there anything I can do to minimize this?...
  7. Virus scanner detects a virus, says I will be able to see it when scan is done, when scan...

Virus scanner detects a virus, says I will be able to see it when scan is done, when scan...: Hi, My windows defender recently displayed this message: "Preliminary scan results show that malicious or potentially unwanted software might exist on your system. You can review detected items when the scan has completed.! Only thing is, when the scan completes there is...
  8. printer says no computer listed when I try to scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer says no computer listed when I try to scan: Trying to scan and connect printer to computer. Printer says no computer connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-says-no-computer-listed-when-i-try-to-scan/8452eabd-5368-4959-9235-a894f0d5712c
  9. Windows Security shows no progress for any kind of scan

Windows Security shows no progress for any kind of scan: Windows Security System Information - Antimalware Client Version: 4.18.2003.8 Engine Version: 1.1.16900.4 Antivirus Version: 1.313.53.0 Antispyware Version: 1.313.53.0 For quick scan or indeed any kind of scan no progress is shown in the progress bar [ATTACH]...
  10. Scan says access denied after scan completes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan says access denied after scan completes: I have an Epson WF-2510 multifunction printer. I had trouble with the scanner as it originally couldn't be found even though printer driver found it OK. I managed to set the port to correct IP and then scan worked. The preview showed OK and the scan seemed to work correctly...