Windows 10: when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program...

Discus and support when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017. As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by irishangel50p, Aug 21, 2018.

1. when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program...

Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017.

As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download

so what email program do I download??

:)

irishangel50p, Aug 21, 2018

2. "There is no associated email program to perform the requested action,install an email program or,if one is already installed,create an association in the Default Programs control panel"

Hello,

I suggest you to create an ssociate in the default apps and check if this helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • From left pane select Default apps.
    • Under Email choose a default app and check if this helps.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 21, 2018
  3. PeteWitko Win User
    There is no email program associated to perform the requested action, please install an email program or, if one is installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action,please
    install an email program or, if one is installed, create
    an association in the Default Programs control panel

PeteWitko, Aug 21, 2018
  4. when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program...

Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program...

1. when I try to email a scanned doc it says "create an association in the default program... - Similar Threads - try email scanned

2. Creating association in the default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating association in the default program: Hi, I am trying to email a video from a file by send to and I get message "No email associated to perform the requested action. Create an association in the default program, in control panel" I have looked but not quite sure what I am expected to do. I have Outlook installed...
  3. Create an association in the default programs control panel

Create an association in the default programs control panel: I have a Win10 build 2004 that has a connection to a 2012R2 Terminal Server RemoteApp Connection. All office applications are ran from the terminal server. The Office suite is 2016 standard. The file associations had been working up to a point point unknown where...
  4. scan doc and create pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan doc and create pdf: just did an update KB4576478, KB4571756 on my computer. i was able to use HP Smart to scan a doc and create a pdf. this no longer works, will not let me scan with HP Smart. i installed MS scan app, but will not let me create pdf - only jpeg, tiff, PNG and bitmap. how...
  5. create an email association

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create an email association: When I try to forward photos I downloaded of friends from Facebook, I right click and select "send to email recipient", then I get a message saying "You need to create an email association" **** why doesn't the stupid pc use what I always use? It shouldn't be MY job and it...
  6. Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create an Association in the Default Program's Control Program: I have repeatedly tried on many occasions to send photos to friends using the Mail and Calendar app but am stopped with a message 'Create an Association in the Default Programs Control Panel' I have really tried to manage this but have never yet been successful. I would...
  7. There is no email program associated

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is no email program associated: How do I fix this issue: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel." There is no Default Programs in the control...
  8. Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working

Default Email Association Program windows 10 Not Working: I have tried for ever to be able to email a photo from "photos" windows explorer, I've tried changing the default app in settings with no luck, what am I doing wrong?? can you help me with any sugestions...
  9. how do I create an association with my default email in w10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I create an association with my default email in w10: I have set 'Mail' as the default email in 'settings, but when I try to send a photo to the email programme I get a dialogue box that tells me that there is no association with an email account and I should make one. How do I do that?...
  10. Default applications: Create an association

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default applications: Create an association: Default applications: Create an association.Windows 10 Hello, im Mar, I want help with something that has happened with my computer, here's what happened :Okay, since like 4 days, my computer lagged so I decided to turn it off, I turned it on, and I went to play Roblox. When...