Windows 10: when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found

Discus and support when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found, This has started to happen recently. I have a word document I want to save to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DLyons17, Jul 18, 2018.

1. DLyons17 Win User

when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found

when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found, This has started to happen recently. I have a word document I want to save to desktop for easy access. I save as to desktop and I get the message:

C:\Users\XXXXX\Desktop\XXXXXXXXXXXXX.docx

File not found.

Check file name and try again.

I am just trying to save as to the desktop?

It just started doing this.

:)

DLyons17, Jul 18, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

1. when I try to save to desktop, Windows 10, it says file not found - Similar Threads - try save desktop

2. When i try to login it says account not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to login it says account not found: Hi there, recently tried to login to my other microsoft account but was unable to as it showed the error as account not found and when i tried to make a new account with the email i previously tried it did not send me the one time codes to that email. In my windows account it...
  3. When i try to login it says account not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i try to login it says account not found: Hi there, recently tried to login to my other microsoft account but was unable to as it showed the error as account not found and when i tried to make a new account with the email i previously tried it did not send me the one time codes to that email. In my windows account it...
  4. No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.: Translation: explorer.exeFile not found.Check if the name of the file is correct and retry your attempt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-when-i-try-to-open-explorer-exe-from/c308e5c2-f0f7-4d99-9d6f-232f4cc158ba
  5. No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.: Translation: explorer.exeFile not found.Check if the name of the file is correct and retry your attempt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-when-i-try-to-open-explorer-exe-from/c308e5c2-f0f7-4d99-9d6f-232f4cc158ba
  6. No desktop, when I try to open explorer exe from task manager it says file not found.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. gibberish characters when try to save a file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gibberish characters when try to save a file in Windows 10: Strange development. When I try to save a file from the web when I type in what I want to name the file the name does not type correctly but winds up as gibberish. This happens at no other time. All the virus and malware checks come up clean. Any ideas appreciated....
  8. Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found.: I am on windows 10, I havent had problems downloading .jar before, I have the latest java and I am fully updated. Im a bit of a computer noob so any help is great....
  9. error when trying to save to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error when trying to save to desktop: [ATTACH] how do i fix on dell Optiplex 755 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-save-to-desktop/29b20557-680f-4dd9-8b3e-fe4b6fdb9682
  10. File not found when doing Save As

in Microsoft Office and 365
    File not found when doing Save As: (Office 2016) This problem happens with Office Apps (Pub,Excel,Word etc) since build 1803. When I try to "save as" a file to my C:, I get this message "File not found"*Confused It will "save as" to an external drive without issue. Permissions problem??? OR?? 112180

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to save file and saying file not found win 10

2. when i try to save to my desktop it says file not found

3. it says file not found when i try to save a file on my desktop

4. i tried to save a file but it said it wasnt found,
  5. File not found when save to desktop,
  6. file not foun when saving,
  7. windows file not found on save as,
  8. trying to save and it says file not found,
  9. windows 10 file not found when saving,
  10. when i try to save an image it says file not found,
  11. when i try and save a file it says file not found,