Windows 10: When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing

Discus and support When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; . When I save a file using "Save As", the list of folders does not show the "Libraries" folder (or any of its subfolders, such as Documents, Music...)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OldGrantonian, Aug 13, 2017.

1. When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing

When I save a file using "Save As", the list of folders does not show the "Libraries" folder (or any of its subfolders, such as Documents, Music...)

When I open File Explorer, I can see the following top-level folders:
    • Libraries
    • OneDrive
    • This PC
    • Network

But when I use "Save As" to save a file, the "Libraries" folder is missing. I need to use:This PC > MyData (E) > Documents
    (All my data is on the "E" drive, using standard Windows tools.)

I would be grateful for advice on how to restore my "Libraries" folder to the topmost position in the folder list.

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, Aug 13, 2017
  2. JH80 Win User

Random files not showing up in Documents library

They are missing when you try and see them in the Documents library. I have the library sorted by Name -> Date Modified. This lets me see the most recently changed file in any of the multiple folders that are in the Documents library. If I navigate to the
    folder where they are saved then I can see them (but this defeats the purpose for me of having the library)

The problem files usually are in OneDrive (which I have as one of the folders in the Documents library).

The problem doesn't always occur, it's only sometimes and often the file will appear in the library 30 mins later. However, it's happened enough over the years to be frustrating enough for me to write these posts.

3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing

Brink, Aug 13, 2017
  5. .
    Hi Brink,

Thanks for your response.

I was able to add Libraries using your method of right-click in empty space followed by "Show libraries". Thanks for that suggestion *Smile

I have one follow-up question: How can I now move Libraries to the top of the left pane?

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Aug 14, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

You could use the method in the tutorial below to move Libraries above This PC to help.

*Arrow Move Libraries Above This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

If you don't want OneDrive or Quick access in the navigation pane, you could remove them to then have Libraries on top.

Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Brink, Aug 14, 2017
  7. .
    Thanks Brink. Your tutorial worked fine (as always) *Smile

New subject: Congrats on your new tutorial spreadsheet. If I had known about it, I probably wouldn't have submitted my OP. I think your excellent tutorials are referenced by every other Windows forum on the planet *Smile

OldGrantonian, Aug 16, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad it could help. Questions are always welcomed. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. When I use "Save As", my Libraries folder is missing - Similar Threads - Save Libraries folder

2. my download library folder is missing .Then when i opened the picture folder it was showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my download library folder is missing .Then when i opened the picture folder it was showing...: other than that my some function keys are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-download-library-folder-is-missing-then-when-i/1985bd87-f701-42ff-8f4e-6acdf972b7b5
  3. my download library folder is missing .Then when i opened the picture folder it was showing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my download library folder is missing .Then when i opened the picture folder it was showing...: other than that my some function keys are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-download-library-folder-is-missing-then-when-i/1985bd87-f701-42ff-8f4e-6acdf972b7b5
  4. Folder destination when using "Save As"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder destination when using "Save As": When you used "Save As", the destination folder could be selected at will. Now, the idiots at Microsoft think everything in the world must be saved at "This PC", Documents. Does anyone know if this can be fixed so files can be saved in a specified NOT specific folder of...
  5. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  6. Unable To See My Files/Folders when using 'Save As'

Unable To See My Files/Folders when using 'Save As': Not sure how this happened or why it started happening, I assumed these type of bugs were worked out a long time ago lol. I can save using the directory..But what's the point of a Graphical User Interface if I can't just navigate..graphically?[ATTACH]...
  7. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  8. Personal Folders & Libraries Missing in Homegroup

Personal Folders & Libraries Missing in Homegroup: I can never catch a break with this feature of Windows, seriously... Example of the "Personal" folders/libraries I am talking about (NOT from my computer): [img] My computer (only "Shared" folders/libraries show up): [img] Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Libraries and My PC folders in Save As Dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries and My PC folders in Save As Dialog: Can anybody help in ADDING Libraries to and REMOVING the This PC folder from the Save As dialog? I know how to remove and add these in File Explorer, but have no luck in finding a solution for the Save As dialog. I found this thread, but when I get to the value to be changed...
  10. Library folders missing and renamed

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folders missing and renamed: Recently received a new PC. I had an HP that I've been nursing for 8 years. When I moved the hp to an ssd I moved the Library locations off of the ssd to an internal Hdd Have done this on numerous PC's One my new PC I did the same thing by creating a directory on D :...