Windows 10: When I want to do a factory reset using cmd, it says access denied,

Discus and support When I want to do a factory reset using cmd, it says access denied, in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am in Administrator and I used systemreset.exe which it would not let me it says, access denied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by COLLETT Zac, Nov 30, 2023.

1. When I want to do a factory reset using cmd, it says access denied,

I am in Administrator and I used systemreset.exe which it would not let me it says, access denied

:)

COLLETT Zac, Nov 30, 2023
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 30, 2023
  4. When I want to do a factory reset using cmd, it says access denied,

0x80070003 went to cmd denied access

0x80070003 went to cmd denied access

josephpermuy, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

When I want to do a factory reset using cmd, it says access denied,

1. When I want to do a factory reset using cmd, it says access denied, - Similar Threads - factory reset using

2. WIN 10 CMD ACCESS IS DENIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN 10 CMD ACCESS IS DENIED: I NEED THIS CMD TO RUN BUT IT SHOW ACCESS IS DENIED HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-cmd-access-is-denied/89f0980c-861b-44f5-837e-69698cf2948e
  3. When I want to do a factory reset using cmd, it says access denied,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I want to do a factory reset using cmd, it says access denied,: I am in Administrator and I used systemreset.exe which it would not let me it says, access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-want-to-do-a-factory-reset-using-cmd-it/37896a20-dd84-4b1d-a463-c0ef38022629
  4. weird access denied error on cmd when running...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird access denied error on cmd when running...: helloi found a forum thread on here about how to remove unwanted hacky organisations of your pc it told me to run a list of commandsall went fine except for this one:"HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies"i was told that 'access was denied'...
  5. weird access denied error on cmd when running...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird access denied error on cmd when running...: helloi found a forum thread on here about how to remove unwanted hacky organisations of your pc it told me to run a list of commandsall went fine except for this one:"HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies"i was told that 'access was denied'...
  6. Access Denied on ren command in cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Denied on ren command in cmd: whenever i go into cmds and run it as admin, i type in cd c:\usersthen i do ren bartl "Bartlomiej Dudzik"but i get an Access Denied pop up???any tips or fixes?...
  7. I have access denied when i want to use cmd as an admin on my own pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have access denied when i want to use cmd as an admin on my own pc: I literally can't even access super admin access or change settings for Cortana or access CMD as an admin, I have tried every conceivable thing and it has still blocked me from using admin, all I want to do is make Cortana open applications like steam and firefox n google...
  8. cmd running as administrator access is denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cmd running as administrator access is denied: I'm trying to run C:\Program Files x86\win64>python3.8 setup.py install running installrunning buildrunning build_pyrunning install_libcreating C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_3.8.2288.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\Lib\site-packages\gurobipyerror:...
  9. CMD access denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD access denied: I wanted to change my backup folder for iTunes. For that i need to type "mklink "C:\Users\morit\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup" D:\iTunes\Backup" into the cmd. I started the cmd as administrator but it still denies the access. I already turned kaspary off...
  10. CMD - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD - Access Denied: [ATTACH] 1 question. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-access-denied/9e96bbf5-05f4-4931-ad21-8eecfdd355c8