Windows 10: When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working

Discus and support When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plugged in my headphones in my laptop, having the newly installed Windows 10, a question came up to select what type of device is this. By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robzam, Jul 29, 2015.

1. robzam Win User

When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working

When I plugged in my headphones in my laptop, having the newly installed Windows 10, a question came up to select what type of device is this. By mistake, instead to clicking headphones, I clicked headset. From that point the microphone of my laptop did not work anymore, when the headphones are plugged in. Is there some way I can arrange this problem?

Thanks a lot for the advice.

:)

robzam, Jul 29, 2015

2. Associate a pair of headphones with a microphone

I have a pair of headphones with a microphone built in.

Now, my computer has 2 3.5 mm jacks, so I plugged mine into the first one (labeled without microphone). When I did that, the microphone was not recognized. So, I moved my jack to the second port. When I did that, my computer said that the headphones were
    unplugged. But the microphone worked. When I moved the jack again, the computer said that my microphone was unplugged and my headphones worked. How do I make it so that I can use both my headphones and the built in microphone at the same time?

Ptolemy2002, Jul 29, 2015
  3. AliceNoel Win User
    Photive PH-BTH3 Bluetooth headphones setup process?

I went to systems sounds to set my headphones as the default device and everything works great, except the built in microphone! So when i go to setup the microphone in the recording tab it works just fine but then it turns of the sound to the headphones.
    Like i can't have sound and the microphone working at the same time it's either or. How do i fix this?

AliceNoel, Jul 29, 2015
  4. When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working

I registered just to answer your question. Not sure if that popup is a win10 feature or a realtek feature. Only way I was able to fix this was by uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver. It reset teh setting and allowed it to popup next time I plugged in my headphones/headset. There might be an easier way, but I am not aware of one. Hope this helps.

dadragon2k3, Jul 30, 2015
  5. robzam Win User
    Sorry it took long to answer. I had no access to the laptop for quite a while.

Thanks

robzam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working

1. When inserting headphones, built in microphone is not working - Similar Threads - inserting headphones built

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Built in Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  4. Built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  5. Built-in microphone not working

Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  6. Built-In Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Microphone Not Working: Hello. I am having some issues with my built in mic after a recent Windows update. The mic is picking up my taps and claps when I see it in Settings but it does not record nor pick up my voice, verified via Voice Recorder and Zoom. Below is a summary of everything that has...
  7. Built in microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in microphone not working.: Hi,today I took part in a Pilates class on zoom on my laptop. I could hear the instructor but she couldn't hear me. I have spent quite a considerable amount of time troubleshooting. I have tried microphone,speech,device manager and Cortana troubleshooters. All to no avail. I...
  8. built in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    built in microphone not working: though the drivers are up to date and permissions are on, neither Skype nor Zoom nor Cortana can hear what I say into the microphone. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-microphone-not-working/0576ccc7-1be5-4cdd-8b65-978d59fe19d9
  9. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in Microphone not working: Hello, I've been having a problem with my laptop MSI GF63 Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop few weeks ago and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting and it's...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ph bth3