Windows 10: When is the major W10 version update?

Discus and support When is the major W10 version update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I heard rumor that there is a major version update of Windows 10 coming up. Do we know when this is going to happen yet? 79554 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TV2, Mar 16, 2017.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

When is the major W10 version update?

I heard rumor that there is a major version update of Windows 10 coming up.
    Do we know when this is going to happen yet?

:)

2. Latest Windows 10 upgrade

I have allowed the latest version of Windows 10 to download. When it comes to allow me to enter my security details the screen is frozen and will not allow entry of any details. I have tried several times without success and have again reverted to an earlier
    version of W10. This has not been the first time this has occurred when there has been a major update. Why? and how do I solve the problem?

Anthony Knights 18, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Chakotae Win User
    Solitaire

I have a major problem,

I am delighted with W10 but my Boss, (My Woman LOL) is kicking up over the new solitaire with W10.

She wants the old W7 solitaire back.

She is not a happy woman, can any-one tell me where I might download the W7 version of SOLITAIRE.

As in HELP lol.

Ch

Chakotae, Mar 16, 2017
  4. When is the major W10 version update?

TairikuOkami, Mar 16, 2017
  5. I'm late to the game here with Windows 10, so be patient with me. Is the Windows 10 Creators Update for Win 10 Home users in general or just for the "Insiders"? I've came across references to the Insiders, but the tone of everything else sounds like it's pretty much all 10 users.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 16, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    It's for IP now but according to the page at the link given should be in the next Version Upgrade.

The nomenclature for Windows has changed, currently it is now Windows 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.953. It gets to be a mouthful when mentioning the version one has but necessary to help pin down problems, could be a later Build has the fix for something. One could equate the Build number to the Service Pack/s of previous versions of Windows and the .xxx part would be updates to the Build.

The IP/Insider Preview is now at Version 1703 Build 15058.0 with an update now coming out.

Berton, Mar 16, 2017
  7. Thanks. I understand. I just wanted to know if I should tense up and hold my breath or could I ignore that update. I've been lucky with the updates, and hope to stay that way. Generally if there's a flaw in the system, I'm the guy that will find it. Maybe my luck has changed. There's a reason for my avatar.

Wiley Coyote, Mar 16, 2017
  8. When is the major W10 version update?

TairikuOkami, Mar 16, 2017
  9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Just to keep it simple for a cranky old fart:
    Is this impending update (Windows 10 Creator's Update) going to bump all the regular users, both Home and Professional, up to Version 17xx, and Build 15xxx?

Windows 10 Creator's Update sounds like it's only for God.

Reason I ask is that the last Version/Build upgrade turned out to be a bit of a chore. Would like plenty of warning and time to deal with getting all my customizations back to 'normal' on multiple PCs.

10. erpster4 Win User
    the RTM version of the Win10 Creators update seems to be version 1703 build 15063.
    wait til at least the the 2nd week of April to get it

erpster4, Mar 27, 2017
  11. Phone Man Win User
    What ever the date you should make an image of each system (I use Macrium Free) and also a rescue disk (I use an USB stick). Procedure in Macrium to create rescue disk.

That way if it goes South you can restore your system in short order.

On my 2 Pro systems I have Defer Feature Updates checked so I can wait a while before upgrading.

My Home system will take the point and engage on Day1.

Jim *Party

Phone Man, Mar 27, 2017
  12. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Mar 27, 2017
  13. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Thanks.

It will be more like the first week of May for me.
    First I will check the forums for a week to see how all the first adopters are making out.
    Then I will wait for a weekend (not doing a major upgrade in the middle of the work week)
    Then I will backup and image, like Phone Man says.
    And if it's not too nice outside - then I will do MY upgrade to the CREATORS update! (Queue the dramatic music - Enter Charlton Heston)

Thema:

1. When is the major W10 version update? - Similar Threads - major W10 version

2. Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?: A while back I posted a question about my problem doing a fresh install on my i5-2500k based PC with BSOD error:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i5-2500k-based-pc-fresh-win10-install-stuck-w-bsod/e7a37cee-886a-4760-9758-4172e4ad4694I haven't been able to...
  3. Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?: A while back I posted a question about my problem doing a fresh install on my i5-2500k based PC with BSOD error:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i5-2500k-based-pc-fresh-win10-install-stuck-w-bsod/e7a37cee-886a-4760-9758-4172e4ad4694I haven't been able to...
  4. Major difference between win10 1709 and later w10 version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Major problems - startup and running W10

Major problems - startup and running W10: Hope someone will help out an oldie 79 - My original PC had an Asus m/b, W7, with 4GB RAM, then upgraded to W10, fully cared for with current AV and system cleaning. 500GB SATA hdd has >300GB spare space. Recent weeks, it was running slower and slower - minutes to boot up....
  6. W10 version 21H1/ W10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 version 21H1/ W10 update: Hello, after last MS update. Have new MS updates. Have new manufacturer updates/drivers/+chips. Has clean install. Now unable to wake up after ‘sleep’, even tho’ power switch blinking= When I press return &/or wiggle mouse, as hve always done; instead of screen...
  7. W10 version 21H1/ W10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 version 21H1/ W10 update: Hello, after last MS update. Have new MS updates. Have new manufacturer updates/drivers/+chips. Has clean install. Now unable to wake up after ‘sleep’, even tho’ power switch blinking= When I press return &/or wiggle mouse, as hve always done; instead of screen...
  8. W10 version 21H1/ W10 update

9. W10 Update to version 1903

W10 Update to version 1903: Hello I have attempted a number of times to download the above update. This message keeps appearing. When I check my drivers via the control panel, it states that the best Audio driver for Intel is already installed. Please provide any suggestions[ATTACH]...
  10. Major Bug after update 1903 version

Major Bug after update 1903 version: After update 1903 I find a major bug.When Gaming Dvr is on it always usage CPU and when turn off it does not using CPU.I update also two cummulative update but the problem not fixed.I also report this bug to microsoft but no reponse.Please check your pc and reply your pc is...