Windows 10: When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?

Discus and support When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everyone, First post here and thanks for allowing me to be a part of the community! My first question is while attempting to pin a website... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by greyhoundrick, Oct 28, 2015.

1. When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?

Hello everyone,

First post here and thanks for allowing me to be a part of the community!

My first question is while attempting to pin a website to the task bar in Edge I followed the directions and selected the "3 dots menu" and then selected "open with IE" option as instructed.

When I click on the webpage icon in the task bar the site indeed comes up but it is in Internet Explorer rather than Edge. Is there any way I can pin the site to the task bar and have it launch in Edge rather than IE? I understand it opens in IE because I opened the website in Edge and then told it to open with IE.

When I tried pinning the tab to the task bar in Edge I got the universal red circle with the line through it so I couldn't pin it unless I opened it in IE.

Ive noticed when I pin a website to the Start Menu that it will open in Edge. Is it not possible to have this happen by using the task bar?

Thanks so much for your help.

Appreciate interacting with you folks very much.

best,

rick

:)

greyhoundrick, Oct 28, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge cannot be found on computer

I just found out: Clicking on a link opened Edge with the web site. Then by closing the website I end up with Edge as it normally opens. I have it with a blank page. When I try to pin the "Blank" Edge to the taskbar it does not let me do this. The
    " Pin to taskbar" is greyed out.

However, I could pin the website to the task bar. Pin to taskbar is not greyed out when the website is open. So now I can click on the pinned website, close the website and then work with Edge. I don't think Microsoft planned this procedure When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE? :)

This relates to you question: I think Edge is working properly but it does not show anywhere.

Peter Schoots

PeterSchoots, Oct 28, 2015
  3. ANDREPH Win User
    Pin to taskbar Google ect

I am having difficulty pinning my favorite sites in the taskbar like in Windows 7. When I use Edge and attempt to drag the website logo to the taskbar, It doesn't pin. The ones that I have are opening with Explorer whici is unstable. A little help please
    to pin my most used website in taskbar for Windows 10 and Edge browser. Thanks

Andre

ANDREPH, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE?

1. When pinning a website to taskbar in Edge why is it coming up in IE? - Similar Threads - pinning website taskbar

2. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  3. Why taskbar is not coming up when some app is open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why taskbar is not coming up when some app is open?: It has been a month since I am facing this problem with the taskbar.I use Windows 11 and I have set taskbar to "automatically hide the taskbar" setting. In this setting, the taskbar is hidden and when we hover our mouse to the taskbar, it comes up.But now, the taskbar is not...
  4. Why taskbar is not coming up when some app is open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why taskbar is not coming up when some app is open?: It has been a month since I am facing this problem with the taskbar.I use Windows 11 and I have set taskbar to "automatically hide the taskbar" setting. In this setting, the taskbar is hidden and when we hover our mouse to the taskbar, it comes up.But now, the taskbar is not...
  5. When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When pinning a website to the taskbar it will not show up on the taskbar: Please help... I go to the website I want to pin, click the 3 dots on top right side of page navigate down to more tools then pin to taskbar the box pops up at the top of the window to name the item then click pin but it will not show up on my taskbar. I have made sure the...
  6. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in some respects, works similarly to Internet Explorer, and the rendering engine wasn’t as widely [...] This post How to pin...
  7. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

in Browsers and Email
    Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower: Hello everybody, Because of a lot of legacy websites which only support Internet Explorer, IE is still the default browser on all of our machines. However, I need to add a shortcut on the deskop of a few users to a website which only supports Edge. So far, I've found two...
  8. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

in Windows 10 Support
    Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower: Hello everybody, Because of a lot of legacy websites which only support Internet Explorer, IE is still the default browser on all of our machines. However, I need to add a shortcut on the deskop of a few users to a website which only supports Edge. So far, I've found two...
  9. Can't pin IE to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can't pin IE to taskbar: On my Surface Pro 3 I am unable to pin Internet Explorer to the taskbar. I have tried all of the different ways to do it but I am only given the option of pinning it to the start menu. Also if I click on "send to" I do not get the option to pin to taskbar there either. I can...
  10. Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...