Windows 10: When reading /checking an UNKNOWN ISO file.... is it possible to ??

Discus and support When reading /checking an UNKNOWN ISO file.... is it possible to ?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks for any assistance.. ?? When you have an ISO file on USB CHIP and do not know not know what it contains... Is there any way to check to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by acmanten, Oct 24, 2015.

1. acmanten Win User

When reading /checking an UNKNOWN ISO file.... is it possible to ??

Thanks for any assistance..

?? When you have an ISO file on USB CHIP and do not know not know what it contains... Is there any way to check to see if it will be read or if it will load without actually executing a load from it ?

?? Is it possible to get a files listing from an ISO file saved on USB before loading it ?

Thanks for any your answers... as I am learning. All be safe. Cliff M.

:)

acmanten, Oct 24, 2015

2. When will it be possible to open an ISO-DVD and play it on a DLNA device for playback on TV?

Mount the ISO and play it?

Use VLC?

Shenan Stanley, Oct 24, 2015
  3. MaxY. Win User
    When will it be possible to open an ISO-DVD and play it on a DLNA device for playback on TV?

Hare Krsna

It's now possible to play almost anything from the pc to an external DLNA device like a TV or set top box, but why not ISO's or specifically the DVD-ISO's?

I would suggest that Microsoft added this functionality into windows so that the ISO format would be available to be played by DLNA devices, juts like MP4 is or MP3 or even WMA, these formats are supported already, so adding ISO's wouldent be a downgrade exactly.

MaxY., Oct 24, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Right click on it ans select Mount. That way you can look at it's contents.

Ztruker, Oct 24, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Doing that way it might autorun. If you just want to have a look at the contents without burning to disk or autorun, then open it in a ISO utility such as MagicISO or UltraISO.

spapakons, Oct 24, 2015
  6. acmanten Win User
    Thanks, and I just downloaded MagicISO 5.5, and will try to see if I am able to use it and check to ISO Filke that I have on USB chip for files and or see what might be in the data.

Thanks for your help and help. Cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 24, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    When I use the MAgicISO 5.5, can you please tell me which commands I should use with it just to VIEW the file without loading the data at all ?? Thanks.. Cliff M

acmanten, Oct 24, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

There is no command. Just open the file in MagicISO (File->Open) to see the contents. It's like opening a self-extracting ZIP or RAR file with WinZip or WinRAR. This way you can see the contents without the risk of autorun, as when you mount the ISO in a virtual DVD drive.

spapakons, Oct 24, 2015
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Winzip, Winrar and 7-zip can also open/extract ISO file

topgundcp, Oct 24, 2015
  10. acmanten Win User
    Thanks for all the answers and help from those who gave answers...

I did know what was on that particular USB chip but I have another USB chip that I am not sure what is one it, so I wanted to learn how to go check a USB for what is on it. *** That test worked fine for me as today I downloaded the latest ISO file for "Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565" and saved it on my computer HD, then later copied it over to the USB chip. MY internet access speed is very slow , only 5000-5500 Mbps from AT&T but is steady.....

I started the download before going out to do some running around the city and it was almost done loading when I returned home. I figured that would be a good way to learn how to read an unknown USB file) it and also checked reading the downloaded USB file (as data readability check) to the end.

I am new at lots of this, and so I really appreciate your assistance and help to teach me how to read it and learn how to check the data. The lessons learned from this test today has been great. I will also be of assistance to others as I am able.

The OSI data read from the USB file may be seen in the graphic that I will attach below...

Again... thanks so much for your assistance.. Cliff M.

Attachment 44490

acmanten, Oct 24, 2015
  11. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Surely if you disable "Autoplay" in Control panel, autorun should not execute. Never to me did IME.
    Then you can just look at what's in the iso file using explorer's mount feature.
    If you want a listing, a simple dos to txt output command does that too.

Btw, disregarding the same stupid errors still popping up in event viewer (CAPI2, SynchostService etc.), preview 10565 is running just fine and unless I'm imagining things I think it needs quite a bit less real estate then 10240 which can't be a bad thing.

Posting from it as I write actually so give it a shot.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 24, 2015
  12. genet Win User
    There is no need to use any ISO utility.

In Windows 8/10, mount the ISO image file by right-clicking the ISO image file and choosing Mount. If you don’t see Mount command from the context menu, go to Open with -> Windows Explorer instead.

When reading /checking an UNKNOWN ISO file....  is it possible to ?? [​IMG]

genet, Oct 24, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

Yes, but mounting the ISO won't start the autorun function as well? The safer is to see the ISO contents with MagicISO or other compatible utility.

spapakons, Oct 24, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I've never had the auto run start when I've mounted any ISO.

BunnyJ, Oct 24, 2015
  15. acmanten Win User
    It is always helpful to see and learn more as I read and learn from your postings. The info you have added above gives a better understanding as shown in the graphics. Thanks Cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

1. When reading /checking an UNKNOWN ISO file.... is it possible to ?? - Similar Threads - reading checking UNKNOWN

2. Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD: Hello I Want To Ask,Is There A Way To Read An Unknown, Not Initialized SSD? I Have Tried On The Disk Management To Initialized The SSD To Any MBR & GPT, But It Didn't Work. I Have Tried To With The CHKDSK Command, But It Didn't Work Eather.I Even Search On The Internet On...
  3. Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Unknown, Not Initialized SSD: Hello I Want To Ask,Is There A Way To Read An Unknown, Not Initialized SSD? I Have Tried On The Disk Management To Initialized The SSD To Any MBR & GPT, But It Didn't Work. I Have Tried To With The CHKDSK Command, But It Didn't Work Eather.I Even Search On The Internet On...
  4. Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows: Hi Experts,Is it possible to read CPU and GPU sensors reading using PowerShell script or command line scripts. Like one show in HWInfo ?Attaching image for your reference.Thanks a lot, in advance....
  5. Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows

Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows: Hi Experts,Is it possible to read CPU and GPU sensors reading using PowerShell script or command line scripts. Like one show in HWInfo ?Attaching image for your reference.Thanks a lot, in advance....
  6. Is it possible to read sensors reading in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is it expected behavior when a Windows 8.1 iso file says Unknown Publisher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it expected behavior when a Windows 8.1 iso file says Unknown Publisher?: Using a Windows 10 PC, I downloaded Windows 8.1 iso using a link from here:https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows8ISOin order to re-install Windows 8.1 on another machine.When I right-click the file, and choose: burn disc image, I get the warning that...
  8. Is it expected behavior when a Windows 8.1 iso file says Unknown Publisher?

Is it expected behavior when a Windows 8.1 iso file says Unknown Publisher?: Using a Windows 10 PC, I downloaded Windows 8.1 iso using a link from here:https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows8ISOin order to re-install Windows 8.1 on another machine.When I right-click the file, and choose: burn disc image, I get the warning that...
  9. Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Checking Win10 version from a mounted ISO file?: II have an ISO file just called Windows10.ISO and it is mounted with the Windows 10 installation files including the INSTALL.ESD but I have no idea which version it is. How can I tell if it is version 1909? 149770
  10. Error when mounting ISO files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when mounting ISO files: [ATTACH] Hello, I've been having trouble with opening/mounting ISO files. These problems didn't happen before and have never happened before, so you can imagine my bewilderment. I click on the ISO files and my computer appears to be processing it, since I get the hour glass...